Best GPU for 144HZ 1080p gaming?

Seireitou
5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Only the Acer. Still kept it as the side because I like the picture better than the ASUS and I only use the side for multitasking not gaming.

But that's still besides the point. Would you tell someone to buy a 1060 because of what Nvidia says about it, or tell them to wait for the reviews. None of the trusted reviewers share your views on GSYNC. It's expensive, but it works.

WHich asus was it? You see, you are avoiding my question. I can tell you the name of every monitor i have owned, but you cant? No, its not besides the point.

Intel Core i7 6700K@4,3GHz - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 - Evga SuperNova 750W PSU - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD - Gainward GTX 1080 GS - BenQ xl2411T 144hz - Cooler Master Haf-X Big Tower Nvidia Edition

Gsync is the best thing ever :P 

litter the most impressive peice of tech I have seen :) 

the best graphics enhancement ever

id rather play on medium with gsync and high fps than ultra 60 fps or 60 and below 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

1 minute ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Gsync is the best thing ever :P 

litter the most impressive peice of tech I have seen :) 

the best graphics enhancement ever

id rather play on medium with gsync and high fps than ultra 60 fps or 60 and below 

So, you see screen tearing on a 144hz monitor? Tell me, what monitor did you have before the g-sync one?

Intel Core i7 6700K@4,3GHz - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 - Evga SuperNova 750W PSU - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD - Gainward GTX 1080 GS - BenQ xl2411T 144hz - Cooler Master Haf-X Big Tower Nvidia Edition

15 minutes ago, Crusader93 said:

WHich asus was it? You see, you are avoiding my question. I can tell you the name of every monitor i have owned, but you cant? No, its not besides the point.

I have no responsibility to supply you with anything my friend lol. You know you can turn GSYNC off at any time to see the comparison, right? ;) 

I'm pointing to reviews that discredit you, I don't even have to post one because any trusted reviewer will say the same thing. GSYNC works. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Thing is, many people with 60hz monitors, upgrades to a 144hz g-sync one. Then they praise g-sync up in the sky, thinking that it is the g-sync that have done this incredibly smooth gameplay, when in reality, it was the 60-144hz alone that did most of it. I have had 60hz monitors, 120/144hz monitors, and 144hz g-sync ones. Screen tearing is barely visible(if visible at all) on a standard 144hz monitor. On my Benq xl2411T, screen tearing is non existent, unless i focus all my energy, moving my eyes all the way up in the screen and force myself to look for it. But with 144hz, it disappeares so damn fast, you must really be some kind of person to get annoyed by it.

A 60hz monitor on the other hand, is totally unplayable for me. Screen tearing everywhere, and on a 60hz monitor, g-sync is good, but its still 60 hz and is slow as fck.

And i bet both of you came from 60hz. If you were used to a 144hz for years, you would not say things like "g-sync is the best tech ever".

G-sync, as i said, is nice to have, but NOT with the additional cost! If you are gonna fool people to buy this overpriced tech, go ahead. AMD is atleast doing something right, not charging people extra for it!

You can disable GSYNC, I've had games receive updates that put the game in full screen windowed and noticed GSYNC was off right away. And not because of tearing (looking at you Rise of the Tombraider) You can argue if GSYNC is worth the money, you cannot argue if it works as its been proven to work.

Moveing on.

In both witcher 3 and shadow of mordor, i did not notice any difference. Because my system maintains over 100fps at all times. If i get dips under that, g-sync helped a little, but not mind blowing. Thats why i said if you can maintain over 100 fps ingame.

Moving on.

20 minutes ago, Crusader93 said:

In both witcher 3 and shadow of mordor, i did not notice any difference. Because my system maintains over 100fps at all times. If i get dips under that, g-sync helped a little, but not mind blowing. Thats why i said if you can maintain over 100 fps ingame.

Moving on.

I'm not sure you understand what GSYNC does, which is an issue if you're giving advice. I'll give you that GSYNC can make 60fps feel much faster than it is. But I sacrifice graphics settings to get an fps boost that lets GSYNC do its thing. Play ROTTR, play at 60, 80, and 100+ fps. GSYNC on and off. If you want a free game that really responds to GSYNC play War Thunder same criteria. 

2 hours ago, Crusader93 said:

Moving on.

Gsync is the shit

end of discussion 

also (1600) 

2 hours ago, Crusader93 said:

So, you see screen tearing on a 144hz monitor? Tell me, what monitor did you have before the g-sync one?

Yes I can it's quiet obvious when tearing occores 

maby my eyes are more a tune than ur own 

also (1600) 

Well ok. I still dont think g-sync is worth the cost.