Cooler for i7 6700K

Keyune

Hi! I'm looking for a good cooling solution for my i7 6700K. I have a couple of requirements which have made this a tough desicion, so I was hoping you guys could help me out. I have a Cooler Master Seidon V2 installed right now, and I'm not too happy about the noise level.

I need a cooler that is:

1. Quiet.

2. Transport-friendly. I'm going to move my computer several times this year, so I need a cooler that isn't too heavy. Removing it is not an option.

3. Capable of cooling under heavy tasks like gaming for hours and rendering videos.

4. Preferably white, black or red (or a combination of these) to match my colour scheme. Because of this Noctua is not really an option, sadly.

5. Available in Norway.

I'm considering Cryorig C1, would that be a good match? 

Other specs that that might be useful:

- Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (low profile)

- GPU: GTX780 (soon upgrading to GTX1080)

- Case: Fractal R5 (white windowed)

Can you link us to where you're shopping? What's your budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

50 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Can you link us to where you're shopping? What's your budget?

komplett.no and cdon.no

I don't really have a budget, but I don't want to waste money of course.

2 hours ago, SSL said:

Noctua would be best. NH-U14S or something.

"color scheme" top lel

I bought a windowed case to have something nice to look at. A lot of people put hard work into making nice-looking rigs :)

19 minutes ago, Keyune said:

komplett.no and cdon.no

I don't really have a budget, but I don't want to waste money of course.

Macho Rev. B: http://cdon.no/elektronikk/thermalright-hr-02-macho-rev-b-p30519917

or True Spirit Power: http://cdon.no/elektronikk/cooling-cpu-thermalright-true-spirit-140-power-p29905758

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Thank you! They do look great, but I'm trying to find something more low profile to keep the weight down. Do you know anything about the Cryorig C1? Cryorig is such a new company so I couldn't find a lot of information about their products.

4 minutes ago, Keyune said:

Thank you! They do look great, but I'm trying to find something more low profile to keep the weight down. Do you know anything about the Cryorig C1? Cryorig is such a new company so I couldn't find a lot of information about their products.

Why is weight an issue? Are you worried about carrying weight or the cooler stressing the motherboard?

The C1 is an upgrade from the stock cooler but isn't recommended for oc'ing and a few steps behind something like the 212 Evo. 

9 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why is weight an issue? Are you worried about carrying weight or the cooler stressing the motherboard?

The C1 is an upgrade from the stock cooler but isn't recommended for oc'ing and a few steps behind something like the 212 Evo. 

Actually a bit conserned about both, I've read a lot about avoiding heavy heat sinks if you take your computer on longer trips. I probably won't OC, stock speed is more than enough for me since 6700K already is a great CPU. Do you know any other low profile coolers which are a better alternative than the C1? I've read that Scythe and Be Quiet! have good coolers, but neither are sold in Norway :/

36 minutes ago, Keyune said:

Actually a bit conserned about both, I've read a lot about avoiding heavy heat sinks if you take your computer on longer trips. I probably won't OC, stock speed is more than enough for me since 6700K already is a great CPU. Do you know any other low profile coolers which are a better alternative than the C1? I've read that Scythe and Be Quiet! have good coolers, but neither are sold in Norway :/

Heavy heatsinks might be an issue if you have a very bumpy ride like in shipping but I don't think it's something most people have to worry about when travelling. 

13 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Heavy heatsinks might be an issue if you have a very bumpy ride like in shipping but I don't think it's something most people have to worry about when travelling. 

Haha, actually it is a VERY bumpy ride, long as well... I don't know if you have ever visited Norway? :P

1 hour ago, Keyune said:

Haha, actually it is a VERY bumpy ride, long as well... I don't know if you have ever visited Norway? :P

A few times a year isn't too bad. Strap a seatbelt onto the system and it should be fine. Out of the two, the Macho Rev B. should be a bit better for travel if you're still concerned.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

A few times a year isn't too bad. Strap a seatbelt onto the system and it should be fine. Out of the two, the Macho Rev B. should be a bit better for travel if you're still concerned.

Thank you! I'll check it out. 

5 hours ago, Keyune said:

I bought a windowed case to have something nice to look at. A lot of people put hard work into making nice-looking rigs :)

Noctua gear is great looking, which is why I got one for my great looking rig, which incidentally is great to look at when I'm not looking at great looking stuff on my great monitor. They'll be releasing additions to the chromax line to make them look even better.

you may want an aio, since all you have to worry about is the pump, so long as you keep the radiatior secured

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558