AMD Lists The Radeon RX 490 Flagship – Polaris based Dual GPU Graphics Card For 4K Ready Gaming

Mr_Troll

I hope it's not two rx 480s strapped together

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Given the listing said dual-Polaris card, I wouldn't keep your hopes up.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I would prefer if it was almost exactly like a Fury Nano but with GCN 4.0 features and power consumption.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

8 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

2 dies on 1 interposer pls. That or just Vega.

2 logic dies on 1 interposer is at least 1 year away. It's 2 dies in XFire or it's small Vega, and I doubt it's Vega since the listing appeared this early.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

1 hour ago, patrickjp93 said:

Given the listing said dual-Polaris card, I wouldn't keep your hopes up.

It could still be a higher end die.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

19 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It could still be a higher end die.

Nope. The 480 is the full Polaris 10 die.

2 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

as in not p10

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

as in not p10

It can't be a higher Polaris die, and Vega is not coming until December, so again, it's not a higher die.

20 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Wasn't there some rumors that not all of the CUs were enabled on the RX 480? Don't think it would help them much even if it was true though.

1 hour ago, patrickjp93 said:

2 logic dies on 1 interposer is at least 1 year away. It's 2 dies in XFire or it's small Vega, and I doubt it's Vega since the listing appeared this early.

If it's small Vega and AMD calls it the 490 (and assuming it has 980~ performance, from the 480 have 970~ performance) then what will the 490X and Fury(?) bring? :P Maybe low prices and my next upgrade, who knows... hopefully AMD can pull through.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

23 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Wasn't there some rumors that not all of the CUs were enabled on the RX 480? Don't think it would help them much even if it was true though.

Never heard that rumor, but it's also not remotely probable. That would imply AMD didn't have the yields to have a 490 chip ready even though it knew ahead of time what Nvidia's launch schedule looked like. It would just be gross negligence to let potential buyers stew over that.

24 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

If it's small Vega and AMD calls it the 490 (and assuming it has 980~ performance, from the 480 have 970~ performance) then what will the 490X and Fury(?) bring? :P Maybe low prices and my next upgrade, who knows... hopefully AMD can pull through.

You have 1070s competing with 980TIs in performance for just $380-420 depending on who you buy from and the 1060 coming out in a week for $250 from AIBs beating out the 980. Prices aren't getting much better than that. I hate to say it, but Nvidia's won this round.

36 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Unfortunately that rumor was debunked last week.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/AMD-Polaris-Hardware-261587/News/Interview-1200545/

Evan Groenke is Senior Product Manager for Polaris 10 and he was deeply involved in the development of Polaris...

PCGH: Is the P10 a 36-CU-part and no hidden additional CUs?

Evan Groenke: I can absolutely confirm with you right here, that Polaris 10 in its full configuration defined by the silicon is a 36 Compute Unit configuration there's nothing else hidden on that product that end users might be looking forward to unlocking. This is the pinnacle, the latest and greatest of the Polaris 10 product.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

18 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Never heard that rumor, but it's also not remotely probable. That would imply AMD didn't have the yields to have a 490 chip ready even though it knew ahead of time what Nvidia's launch schedule looked like. It would just be gross negligence to let potential buyers stew over that.

You have 1070s competing with 980TIs in performance for just $380-420 depending on who you buy from and the 1060 coming out in a week for $250 from AIBs beating out the 980. Prices aren't getting much better than that. I hate to say it, but Nvidia's won this round.

I highlight the 'cheaper' part of my post. 980Ti for $310-$330 would be nice :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

9 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

the 1060 coming out in a week for $250

Are you willing to bet some money on the $250 being the actual retail price? Because it'll most likely be $300 and up.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling