Police brutality and the Alton Sterling shooting [discussion]

Overkilled

Let me say my final words on this subject here. I'm unfollowing and will no longer respond to any comments on this thread

Why did you bother to reply then? I hate people with "last word in" complex. Making a self righteous exit doesn't validates your point in fact it kind of negates it.

In any case if you want to talk come back to talk otherwise find a more mature way to present your arguments or even your exits, a simple "I disagree" reply is quite sufficient to accomplish the same without your self agrandizing.

-------

Current Rig

-------

8 minutes ago, stconquest said:

When it is Stewie's son, or father or brother... he might sing a different tune.  The officers are breathing, this man is not.  The video does not show any clear threat other than a possible gun picked from a dead man's pocket.

Ninja-quote fail. I forgot to update my follow preferences. My children won't ever have an altercation with police like this because they won't be going around brandishing firearms at people. They will learn how to safely and responsibly use firearms, just as I did, just as my father did, and just as his father before him and so on. If my children reach an age where they are able to do such things without my supervision, and they choose to live a life that necessitates a blatant disregard for the law, then they will receive the consequences of that choice. I will surely be sad. I will be sad that I failed to teach my children how to handle him or herself (I have two, a son and a daughter 1 year and 1 month, respectively) safely and appropriately.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

1 minute ago, straight_stewie said:

Ninja-quote fail. I forgot to update my follow preferences. My children won't ever have an altercation with police because they won't be going around brandishing firearms at people. They will learn how to safely and responsibly use firearms, just as I did, just as my father did, and just as his father before him and so on. If my children reach an age where they are able to do such things without my supervision, and they choose to live a life that necessitates a blatant disregard for the law, then they will receive the consequences of that choice. I will surely be sad. I will be sad that I failed to teach my children how to handle him or herself (I have two, a son and a daughter 1 year and 1 month, respectively) safely and appropriately.

OMG, it failed because you can't stay away.  It was a ninja quote to not bother you.  All it takes is someone pointing their finger at your kid.  I learned this the hard way.

8 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Ninja Quote, to not bug Mr Stewie:

"There it is: WE CAN'T KNOW. There is simply not enough evidence in the video to fully decide everything that occurred. I choose to believe that the police officers were in the right because, had I been conducting myself professionally in their shoes and were forced into a similar altercation, I would make the same actions. If it comes down to an unnecessary choice between life and death, any reasonable person will choose life. Yall choose to believe something else. Maybe you would have let Alton shoot you, maybe not. IDK. What I do know is that I have not seen any undoubtable evidence that the officers actions should be considered murder; I have not seen any undoubtable evidence that Alton was going to shoot them. Ultimately Alton Brown chose, by not complying with officers of the law and becoming combative, to knowingly enter into a fight for life and death, a fight which he lost. The appropriate method to fight police wrongdoing is to take your initial punishment and find a lawyer. I may not know how to stop institutionalized violence, should it be occurring, but I know that responding to violence with violence is not the solution. That creates rifts in relations and always leads to war, either politically or physically.

It is ultimately because of the above values, and others, that I have chosen that while I do not know with reasonable certainty who was right and who was wrong in this case, I believe that the officers acted correctly."

Well, there we are.  A fight for life and death that Alton chose to commit to.  Yeah, I see that logic. 

I am sure Alton had tons of money saved for a lawyer, cause those come cheap.  Hell, the fucker had the guys from Suits on retainer... he must have forgotten.  -_-

When it is Stewie's son, or father or brother... he might sing a different tune.  The officers are breathing, this man is not.  The video does not show any clear threat other than a possible gun picked from a dead man's pocket.

One cop on each arm.  Do not draw your weapon.  One cop on each arm.  Learn to fight.

I also did the Ninja quote but I must say my motives are not as pure as yours: I just love to wait to see if they reply anyways even when they said "I'm leaving!".

And I think I just got my answer while typing this.

-------

Current Rig

-------

@straight_stewie

Let me clarify.  I hope, with every fiber of my being, that you and your family never have to deal with anything like this.  I was not trying to be malicious.  Seriously.

Just have a good day.  :)

I did not say it right, but I hope you know what I mean.*fixed

At that range (point blank) it would be easy for a trained officer to shoot him in the arm, once or if need twice. Any officer trained to use guns needs to be able to be able to do that. They need to step up there training in the US, and cut out racism too (to all races)

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

8 hours ago, Kloaked said:

This is the saddest part. I've already seen white people make racist comments on Facebook since they're getting so riled up. I'm fucking pissed too, but I'm not all of a sudden expressing my inner racism because muh feelings got hurt, because that shit is what the issue is in the first place.

What's worse is you can't win with whatever you do.

Oh, you support #BLM? Well you're a fucking lunatic and you deserve to go back to the cotton fields.

Oh, you think all lives matter? Well you're a fucking racist and you deserved to get shot like the rest of these cops.

Oh, you want to everyone to stop fucking killing each other over some stupid shit? Well.... you're somehow a racist for not supporting BLM and you're a shitlord cuck for not believing in the #AllLivesMatter hashtag.

Can't win. You can't fucking win.

If there was a push for a #NoLivesMatter it would probably be some how be spun to make it seem racist while.

I agree racism is a problem, but it goes both ways. But one way it's looked down upon and another it's practically praised. If I'm not mistaken that's a double standard.

I think the shootings with officers in Dallas was terrible, and obviously racially charged against white people and white officers. What it seems BLM wants a double standard.

I agree we need to seriously look into how many people are actually shot by officers per year, how many were found justified and by race and gender to truly see how proportionate kills by officers are. I also think that data collection on the race and gender of people who shot and/or kill officers is an important too. I think that this isn't a simple just blindly support one side. Look at everything. I don't think I can definitively say which side is more correct ALM or BLM. From a bare, no details perspective the arguments made by ALM supporters make sense. There seems to even be some truth behind it too. 

The issue I find with the largest argument made by BLM and its supporters is the claim of White Privilege. The evidence they provide seems very very circumstantial.

I'm getting all caught up in statistics and facts, and being a white person just makes it all that much worse doesn't it?

Being that I live in Minnesota, and not that far away from the Falcon Heights/Saint Paul area, I must say that with Castile it seems like this time it might've been racially charged. I know almost nothing about the killing of Sterling. But with Castile it sounds like he was a good, earlier this year with the death of Jamar Clark. It seemed that Clark has provoked officers and that the officers were justified. Castile seems to be a different case, but considering how recent it is, there are some details missing. Though according to what I just read in a little blurb about Castile is that an office had shot Castile when he went to go reach for his wallet. If that is true, then I don't feel that was justified and I stand with the protesters on this one. 

But I think that many must admit that the murders of Emmett Till and Hattie Carroll and others during that time period were far worse than what has happened in the past few years.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

20 hours ago, Kloaked said:

Sorry guys, but America is still better than you, regardless of what's been happening lately.

Oh! I didn't realise this was a "who has the better country" competition.

Yes, I'll believe that the USA is the better country because you're telling me it's so.

Enjoy your better country *snort*

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Its scary to think that it wouldn't be too big of a leap for another couple of guys to randomly gun down some white cops and throw the entire country into a race war :/ 

It boils down to bad training and cultural idiocy.  It seems that much of the population is desensitized to what would normally appear to be bad policing to a rational person.

Dylan Noble:  First the press conference, then a separate video of the shooting.

Even when the police are wrong, they insinuate they are right by referring to "procedures".  Dumbasses hear procedural mumbo jumbo and seem to miss the fact that procedure is part of the error.

OFC, this is only one guy's life, right?  No big deal.  Better him than the cops... oh wait!  The cops were never in life threatening danger.  Haha!  They got tricked!  Those fools... :/

On 7/9/2016 at 3:28 AM, killcomic said:

Oh! I didn't realise this was a "who has the better country" competition.

Yes, I'll believe that the USA is the better country because you're telling me it's so.

Enjoy your better country *snort*

I cringe really, really hard when other Americans make comments like that. It's pretty embarrassing, and absolutely feeds into some pretty negative impressions people have of Americans abroad. There are things Australia objectively does better than we do (and while I'm trying to be neutral here, I'd personally put gun control in that column), and vice versa.

That being said, your post that he was quoting was pretty extreme as well. I think you both should cool down the rhetoric a bit. This subject is way, way more nuanced than "America hands out guns like lollis," "American police seem unprofessional," or "America is better than <country>."

53 minutes ago, typographie said:

I cringe really, really hard when other Americans make comments like that. It's pretty embarrassing, and absolutely feeds into some pretty negative impressions people have of Americans abroad. There are things Australia objectively does better than we do (and while I'm trying to be neutral here, I'd personally put gun control in that column), and vice versa.

That being said, your post that he was quoting was pretty extreme as well. I think you both should cool down the rhetoric a bit. This subject is way, way more nuanced than "America hands out guns like lollis," "American police seem unprofessional," or "America is better than <country>."

Yes nuanced... The second amendment allows the citizens of the USA to arm themselves in case of a civil war.  People are walking about in peace time with guns when there is no threat of civil war.  Now police have to try and investigate crimes with and unknown quantity of legal weapons available to the general public for use in the general public, in their midst; on any given call to duty. 

Fucking genius.

Maybe we can discuss the NRA's manipulation of legislative policy through bribery of political officials which contributes to the very real corruption in the government, and subsequent potential to turn a decent government into a tyrannical one.

Fucking genius.

I mean, I could keep spouting my personal brand of cynicism... but that will drive anyone nuts.;)

What I am saying is:  If you really care about violence and innocent people dying to violence... you will figure it out and start fixing the problem.

A lot of US citizens don't give a fuck.

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:51 AM, Kloaked said:

-snip-

I could list countless reasons why the US isn't the best place in the world to live, but I'll narrow it to a few.

-No state health care.

-Relaxed gun control

-Imperial measurements

-Gerrymandering

-Two party state

-Relaxed food standards

-No state funded higher education

-Aggressive police

- Very conservative, almost reactionary political makeup

-Very religious politicians (overall)

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL