Should i buy this monitor?

Lusmuri

The monitor im looking at is on sale and it's the Acer Predator XB270HUDbmiprz TN 27".

The normal price is 749 euros and it's 549 euros atm.

Im going to build a new pc next month with a 1080 in it so of course im going to want a good monitor for it too :P.

I was waiting for a good deal and this looks like a good deal.

The monitor im using now is the Asus 24" VE247H.

sure, why not? it's a 144hz 1440p g-sync monitor. pairs quite well with a 1080 imo 

I'm building a pc with the gtx 1080 next week so I'm in the same boat as you!
That is a good monitor yes, just make sure you don't get a bad one.It seems the Acer and ASUS 1440p 144hz are suffering from horrible quality control.Either you get a great panel or a bad one so make sure you can return it if its not good.

Also may I ask why you choose 1440p 144hz over 4k 60hz? Do you play a lot of fps? because as I have said im building my pc next week and am trying to decide on a monitor myself :)

2 minutes ago, tiny_disaster said:

I'm building a pc with the gtx 1080 next week so I'm in the same boat as you!
That is a good monitor yes, just make sure you don't get a bad one.It seems the Acer and ASUS 1440p 144hz are suffering from horrible quality control.Either you get a great panel or a bad one so make sure you can return it if its not good.

Also may I ask why you choose 1440p 144hz over 4k 60hz? Do you play a lot of fps? because as I have said im building my pc next week and am trying to decide on a monitor myself :)

I mostly play fps games so i heard TN panels are good for that and i choose 1440p 144hz over 4k 60hz because i don't really care about 4k atm, i am also thinking if i should just get a 1080p 144hz monitor just because it's alot cheaper but im getting a 1080 so idk :D

yea it seems for fps the 144hz makes a difference...and I dont think color reproduction is "bad" on expensive TN monitors.It wont be as good as ips but it won't be as bad as the cheap ones that is for sure.

In anycase there is the asus pg279q which is ips gsync 1440p 144hz(up to165hz with oc) but it suffers from the same quality control panel as the acer so make sure you can return it...also I doubt you will find a good deal on it like the acer.

I wouldnt get a 1080 monitor if you are getting a gtx 1080. get the 1070 instead if you plan on getting a 1080p 144hz...but judging by that smile you posted after you said you are getting a gtx1080...I have a feeling you will be getting that gtx 1080 even if you have to kill for it :P

2 minutes ago, tiny_disaster said:

yea it seems for fps the 144hz makes a difference...and I dont think color reproduction is "bad" on expensive TN monitors.It wont be as good as ips but it won't be as bad as the cheap ones that is for sure.

In anycase there is the asus pg279q which is ips gsync 1440p 144hz(up to165hz with oc) but it suffers from the same quality control panel as the acer so make sure you can return it...also I doubt you will find a good deal on it like the acer.

I wouldnt get a 1080 monitor if you are getting a gtx 1080. get the 1070 instead if you plan on getting a 1080p 144hz...but judging by that smile you posted after you said you are getting a gtx1080...I have a feeling you will be getting that gtx 1080 even if you have to kill for it :P

yea 1080p monitor would be a waste and the quality check is a thing that scares me a bit

6 minutes ago, Lusmuri said:

yea 1080p monitor would be a waste and the quality check is a thing that scares me a bit

btw I checked out your build...it is almost identical to mine: evga gtx 1080 sc acx3.0, i7-6700K,samsung evo 850, 16gb ddr4 , same psu...

Gonna be a pretty sick rig! 

1 minute ago, tiny_disaster said:

btw I checked out your build...it is almost identical to mine: evga gtx 1080 sc acx3.0, i7-6700K,samsung evo 850, 16gb ddr4 , same psu...

Gonna be a pretty sick rig! 

Nice! hope everything goes well with the build :)

thnx! bought the hell out of the steam sale last week!

I thought I had decided on a 4k 60hz..but you got me thinking again...maybe I should get a 1440p 144hz. wish I had a deal like you acer!

haha :D idk i just think the 1440p 144hz is more worth getting