Hillary Clinton Unveils Tech Platform

@rcarlos243 

Yes, he has stated that he doesn't like the trade agreements because jobs are going over to other countries.  Ironically, his suits and campaign gear are made in China.  He says he wants to prevent the "rapist" Mexicans from crossing the border but is known to have hired tons of illegal immigrants to build his businesses.  He has also declared Chapter 9 bankruptcy four times.  Saying things are terrible and bad is not a plan.  That's just stating the obvious.  Identifying the problem is different than having an actual solution to the problem.

As far as the lobbyists and campaign finance are concerned, he has bragged about giving money to Republican and Democratic politicians.  He loves the way the system is currently because he has benefited from it.  Why would he go through the effort of uprooting the system that gave him so much?  Not to mention, he has already stated that he will be contacting donors to raise money for the general election.  If he is as wealthy as he says he is, why does he need to backtrack on his earlier statement that he is self-funded by begging for donor money?  Billionaires don't need to beg for campaign funds.

My issues with Trump aside, that does not mean that the Democrats are any better.  He has contradicted himself more frequently than Clinton has, which is pretty hard to do.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

along with ruining the lives of refugees who fled a war zone for their lives

Can you explain what you mean by that statement?

strongarming multiple countries to pay for US exspences

I think it is fair to ask other countries that is getting US military protection to pay up otherwise the US can walk away if the country doesn't want to pay up.

blatant xenophobia, And racism.

Can you be more specific about that?

Deporting illegals is not racist.

Preventing potential violent people that can't be vetted properly from coming into the country is not racist.

He talks about better healthcare for veterans along with military buffs and other very large expenses... But where the fuck would the money come from? He'd reduce taxes.

The money would come from jobs and stimulating the economy.

He would bring incentive so small business and corporations and manufacturing will be easier to do in the US thus creating more jobs and people put into work.

Tariffs would also bring money and people would be encourage to buy local products instead as it is more prize competitive.

My favourite part is still the 'getting rid of corruption in government with proper management'.

And what exactly the fuck would "Proper Management" be?

I think a perfect example of proper management would be Apple in the brink of bankruptcy.

You get a leader that allocates proper resources and abolish wasteful spending.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

34 minutes ago, Michael McAllister said:

@rcarlos243 

Yes, he has stated that he doesn't like the trade agreements because jobs are going over to other countries.  Ironically, his suits and campaign gear are made in China.

He is a businessman. It is not financially viable to do competitive business against other nations due to trade agreements and currency manipulation.

He says he wants to prevent the "rapist" Mexicans from crossing the border but is known to have hired tons of illegal immigrants to build his businesses.

He hired a contractor that hired workers without knowledge that they were illegal immigrants. There is no correlation between the two. The keyword is intent.

He has also declared Chapter 9 bankruptcy four times.  Saying things are terrible and bad is not a plan.  That's just stating the obvious.  Identifying the problem is different than having an actual solution to the problem.

He is a businessman. Even great businesses go bust.

As far as the lobbyists and campaign finance are concerned, he has bragged about giving money to Republican and Democratic politicians.  He loves the way the system is currently because he has benefited from it.

I think it is good that he is telling people how corrupt the system is and how it needs to be changed.

Why would he go through the effort of uprooting the system that gave him so much?  Not to mention, he has already stated that he will be contacting donors to raise money for the general election.  If he is as wealthy as he says he is, why does he need to backtrack on his earlier statement that he is self-funded by begging for donor money?  Billionaires don't need to beg for campaign funds.

I think both of them should be given the doubt and up for scrutineering

My issues with Trump aside, that does not mean that the Democrats are any better.  He has contradicted himself more frequently than Clinton has, which is pretty hard to do.

Can you list specifics?

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

58 minutes ago, rcarlos243 said:

Can you explain what you mean by that statement?

I think it is fair to ask other countries that is getting US military protection to pay up otherwise the US can walk away if the country doesn't want to pay up.

Can you be more specific about that?

Deporting illegals is not racist.

Preventing potential violent people that can't be vetted properly from coming into the country is not racist.

The money would come from jobs and stimulating the economy.

He would bring incentive so small business and corporations and manufacturing will be easier to do in the US thus creating more jobs and people put into work.

Tariffs would also bring money and people would be encourage to buy local products instead as it is more prize competitive.

I think a perfect example of proper management would be Apple in the brink of bankruptcy.

You get a leader that allocates proper resources and abolish wasteful spending.

You do understand how the military works right?  They take what they want and kill anyone in their way.  What makes you think countries want the US protection by means of a physical presence in their country?

How are you going to deport 8M+ people?  Are you going door to door to find them?

How do you know if someone is a muslim?  Do you have a muslim test to assure someone does not lie when you ask:  Are you a muslim?

What jobs?  How do you stimulate the economy?

He would cut taxes for small businesses and corporations further.  Then manufacturing is easier, so more jobs are created... hmm.  So he would gamble by going into deeper debt in order to revitalize manufacturing in the US.  That is good, to invest in people.  You have to understand that Trump has no idea how this would work, right?  There are no details, because their is no further planning.  He likes the cutting taxes part, sure.  Then he uses a sound argument to convince others.  All he wants are the tax cuts.  You see that in the videos you posted.  The man is outright lying at times about why tax cuts are necessary because it is in his best interests. 

Example:  What good are tariffs as income when you are promoting a localization of manufacturing?  The amount of money from tariffs would be decreasing year by year.

Proper Management?  This coming from a four time bankrupted CEO. 

Allocates proper resources, and abolishes wasteful spending... what a load of bullshit.  He wants to spend more on the military, that is wasteful spending... a heck of a lot of wasteful spending.  Listen, no one in the world is safer because the USA decided to attack Afghanistan and Iraq back in 2001-2003.  How many tens of thousands of bombs are needed to win?  So far the USA has not won shit.  They killed a lot of innocent people, lost a good amount of soldiers and damaged many more, they wasted valuable resources and spent a lot of money to fight a war that they will never win.  Do you get that?  NEVER WIN.  Trump wants more of that because he is so fucking dumb he thinks he can win.

Now, I just addressed a few points you were trying to make.  Do corrupt practices like paying off politicians, conning investors, ripping off people in schemes like Trump University not matter when deciding on a leader?

I assume you have heard some of his rally speeches.  Have you not heard him incite violence at these events in a very direct manner?  What can you possibly like about this man?  I ask you to check if the fantasy that is Donald Trump in your own mind is not what is guiding you.  The real Donald Trump is a shitty person in many ways.

Imagine the monumental fuck up on the part of the DNC if Trump wins, scary thought:

1 hour ago, stconquest said:

You do understand how the military works right?  They take what they want and kill anyone in their way.  What makes you think countries want the US protection by means of a physical presence in their country?

Go read a history book about WW2

How are you going to deport 8M+ people?  Are you going door to door to find them?

It doesn't matter what the method is, they are in the US illegally therefore they have absolutely no right to be in US.

How do you know if someone is a muslim?  Do you have a muslim test to assure someone does not lie when you ask:  Are you a muslim?

That is also a good point. People from countries like Syria and Iraq cannot be vetted properly so people from those countries should be banned.

What jobs?  How do you stimulate the economy? He would cut taxes for small businesses and corporations further.  Then manufacturing is easier, so more jobs are created... hmm.  So he would gamble by going into deeper debt in order to revitalize manufacturing in the US.  That is good, to invest in people. 

It is not a gamble. You do not have to be a rocket scientist to understand that no jobs means no income which means no money to spend which means no taxes to collect and people on wellfare.

You put incentive for jobs to be created and put people to work.

You have to understand that Trump has no idea how this would work, right?  There are no details, because their is no further planning. 

You just literally typed the details duh.

He likes the cutting taxes part, sure.  Then he uses a sound argument to convince others.  All he wants are the tax cuts.  You see that in the videos you posted.  The man is outright lying at times about why tax cuts are necessary because it is in his best interests.

What are you talking about? Trump specifically and precisely tell how he is going to create jobs and stimulate the economy.

Example:  What good are tariffs as income when you are promoting a localization of manufacturing?  The amount of money from tariffs would be decreasing year by year.

It would encourage people to invest and start company in the US. Instead of buying cars, TVs, phones, etc... from other nations, it would encourage Americans to buy products made from America made by American workers.

The more demand for local products, the more jobs will be available to make those products.

Proper Management?  This coming from a four time bankrupted CEO. 

False dilemma

As I said he is a businessman and even great business go bust. You talk about the failed businesses but how about the hundreds of hundreds of successful business he has?

Allocates proper resources, and abolishes wasteful spending... what a load of bullshit.  He wants to spend more on the military, that is wasteful spending... a heck of a lot of wasteful spending. 

Without the US military you would be in a concentration map or working as a slave to the Nazi or the Communist China or Imperial Japanese or ISIS or Soviet Union.

You wouldn't even have the internet and computer you are using today.

Listen, no one in the world is safer because the USA decided to attack Afghanistan and Iraq back in 2001-2003.  How many tens of thousands of bombs are needed to win?  So far the USA has not won shit.  They killed a lot of innocent people, lost a good amount of soldiers and damaged many more, they wasted valuable resources and spent a lot of money to fight a war that they will never win.

Trump was against going to Iraq and he rightly pointed out that a lot of innocent people died as a result and the US spent trillions of dollar while getting nothing out of it. Trump also says that US should not be involved in more conflicts and should instead focus on rebuilding US infrastructure like buildings, roads, better education, better veteran treatment, etc...

Hillary Clinton on the other hand was in favor of going to Iraq and Lybia.

Do you get that?  NEVER WIN.  Trump wants more of that because he is so fucking dumb he thinks he can win.

Can you back that up that Trump wanted it or you are making up stories?

I assume you have heard some of his rally speeches.  Have you not heard him incite violence at these events in a very direct manner?  What can you possibly like about this man?  I ask you to check if the fantasy that is Donald Trump in your own mind is not what is guiding you.  The real Donald Trump is a shitty person in many ways.

Imagine the monumental fuck up on the part of the DNC if Trump wins, scary thought:

I think the problem with you and many people is that you act based on emotion.

Ask your self seriously if you are better than Trump, if not you are just being hypocrite based on how you label people.

Nobody is perfect, but you try to pick the best compromise.

What I like about Trump is he is not scared to say what is on his mind and he doesn't sugar coat to appease to your little "feelings".

8 minutes ago, rcarlos243 said:

What I like about Trump is he is not scared to say what is on his mind and he doesn't sugar coat to appease to your little "feelings".

I am not going to go into a full discussion with you on each and every point, maybe someone else wants to....but...

This is exactly why I don't like Trump... not because he speaks his mind necessarily... but because of what's in his mind. 

I can source all my stuff, but I don't give a shit.  :)  You are too long winded and have a very different idea of concise policy from myself.  Trump just blurts shit out based on his narrow perception a lot of the time, and his supporters believe that it will be policy. 

He has flip flopped in a time it takes to say of a few sentences.  He does not even know what he believes sometimes.

Do you think he is a billionaire?  I would not be surprised if he is nowhere near worth a billion dollars, let alone ten.  If I am right, I guess no one is perfect of course.  Everyone lies, right?  It's okay. 

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

This is exactly why I don't like Trump... not because he speaks his mind necessarily... but because of what's in his mind.

Like what?

Taking care of veterans, improving heatcare, improving education, bringing jobs back in US, closing the borders, etc...

Are you even American?

I can source all my stuff, but I don't give a shit.  :) You are too long winded and have a very different idea of concise policy from myself.  Trump just blurts shit out based on his narrow perception a lot of the time, and his supporters believe that it will be policy.

Nice try.

He has flip flopped in a time it takes to say of a few sentences.  He does not even know what he believes sometimes.

There is evidence to the contrary. The video is out there and it is 25 years old, probably you weren't even born by that time.

Do you think he is a billionaire?  I would not be surprised if he is nowhere near worth a billion dollars, let alone ten.  If I am right, I guess no one is perfect of course.  Everyone lies, right?  It's okay.

We will know for a FACT if he is lying or not after his audit.

Donald Trump has donated $100K to the policeman's athletic fund, 5K to some other charity ad a whopping 1K to AIDS research in his entire business career... oh yeah I smell the billions.

6 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Donald Trump has donated $100K to the policeman's athletic fund, 5K to some other charity ad a whopping 1K to AIDS research in his entire business career... oh yeah I smell the billions.

ignorance is bliss.

Please at the very least cite your sources so you can have some ounce of credibility.

Also I wonder have you even ever donated anything to a charity?

7 minutes ago, rcarlos243 said:

ignorance is bliss.

Please at the very least cite your sources so you can have some ounce of credibility.

Credibility?  You value that?  hmmm, I was talking out my ass... I was wrong about what he has given.

...based on a Washington Post article.

3 hours ago, rcarlos243 said:

-snip-

Thank you for that, I hate it when people say that Trump doesn't have any detailed policies. He's had very clear stances since the beginning, those just aren't what make the headlines.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

39 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Credibility?  You value that?  hmmm, I was talking out my ass... I was wrong about what he has given.

...based on a Washington Post article.

Did you seriously just cite TYT and Washington Post as a credible source?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilycanal/2016/05/31/donald-trump-raised-more-money-for-veterans-in-a-single-day-than-he-gave-to-charity-in-four-years/#4c10f7ce62c3

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/44c48343f6244ea58768180a94d09429/trump-detail-fundraising-veterans-charities

I would also like to see a comparison how much Hillary Clinton has donated to the vets and charities.

3 hours ago, rcarlos243 said:

He is a businessman. It is not financially viable to do competitive business against other nations due to trade agreements and currency manipulation.

He hired a contractor that hired workers without knowledge that they were illegal immigrants. There is no correlation between the two. The keyword is intent.

He is a businessman. Even great businesses go bust.

I think it is good that he is telling people how corrupt the system is and how it needs to be changed.

I think both of them should be given the doubt and up for scrutineering

Can you list specifics?

1. His hypocrisy doesn't bother you?
  2. Surely, his contractor would have been smart enough to interview them or do a background check.
  3. He's a bad businessman.  Did Apple, Google, and/or Microsoft declare bankruptcy four times?  He doesn't manage his businesses.  He just sells his name.  That's it.  If I had a rich business mogul for a dad, I'd probably be able to become fairly rich as well.
  4. Okay, sure.  What's your point?  Donald Trump basically bragged about perpetuating financial corruption.  How is that a good thing?
  5. Considering he has been sued for fraud, why should I give him the benefit of the doubt?  Trump University was nothing more than a scam.  He didn't even give advice at the "university" as promised.  He encouraged workers to upsell people to larger packages that didn't actually offer anything of value.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

3 hours ago, stconquest said:

A video from the young turks that I'm not disgusted by, wow.

I want the DNC to go down in flames, and I want it to take the Republican corporate cronies down with them, if both parties burn to the ground I win, that is my reasoning for supporting Trump, I'd rather have Rand Paul as the nominee but If I have to choose between a clown or a robot, I choose clown since I don't know who is controlling the robot (well I do it's Soros and he's scum imo)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

39 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

A video from the young turks that I'm not disgusted by, wow.

I want the DNC to go down in flames, and I want it to take the Republican corporate cronies down with them, if both parties burn to the ground I win, that is my reasoning for supporting Trump, I'd rather have Rand Paul as the nominee but If I have to choose between a clown or a robot, I choose clown since I don't know who is controlling the robot (well I do it's Soros and he's scum imo)

The Young Turks really are the biggest disgrace in "news."  The most despicable leftist, regressive, white-hating trash on the internet.  But they were so pro Bernie that they hated Hillary too. 

How do you know when a politician is lying?  They're talking. That being said, I am so disgusted by Hillary being royalty and above the law that I have absolutely no interest in any more of her lies. 

11 hours ago, nosirrah123 said:

I don't know if I would call that lying. Seems more like stupidity or irrationality to me. Look, Trump certainly isn't perfect, but at the end of the day I'd rather have somebody in office who seems to actually like America. Plus I like some of his policies, since I am a conservative.

That's the problem: supreme compromise in one vs the other. You Americans can't get organized and go third party but in all fairness almost no one could anyway.

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 hours ago, rcarlos243 said:

Trump about economy 25 years ago.

Trump about tariffs, trade imbalance, making other nations pay for US military protection, education,

Trump on foreign policy

Trump wants to:

-Close the border by building a wall so it would be much more difficult for illegals to come in and make Mexico pay for that wall (if not cut off all the foreign Aid to Mexico and impose tariffs on all products made from Mexico)

-Deport illegal immigrants out of U.S. as it is costing the U.S. billions of dollars from wellfare and making it much harder for legal American Citizen worker to compete in entry level jobs.

-Stop Muslims from entering the country temporarily unit they can be properly vetted.

-Reform immigration by selecting applicants of what they can contribute through merit.

-Stop the companies (like Carrier, Ford, Nabisco, etc...) from leaving the U.S. by making it hard for those companies to leave or sell their products back to the U.S. by imposing tariffs or closing loop holes.

-Impose trade sanctions (tariffs) for nations (like China and Japan) that do currency manipulations until they behave.

-Abolish NAFTA and TPP trade agreements which is responsible for manufacturing jobs leaving the country.

-Bring back the manufacturing jobs in the US by lowering corporate tax and loosening up regulations so companies can start business much more easily.

-Make countries (such as Japan, South Korea, etc...) pay for US military protection (military personnel, ballistic missile defense, air force, etc...) or US should leave them all together.

-Renegotiate UN to be more up to date to tackle contemporary threats (terrorism) and make each member pay their fair share.

-Remove Obamacare as it is virtually impossible for small business to afford to hire employees due to high cost of benefits associated with hiring employees due to Obama care.

-Remove common core as it is costing tax payers billions of dollars while it also lowered the education standard by average student then let each state decide on how they want to run their education system

-Lower the tax for the middle class and make the super complicated tax system much simpler.

-Take care of veterans by making it much more easier for veterans to get health care assistance by allowing them to pick which hospital institution (private or public) they want and they government will pay for the medical costs.

-Remove the artificial lines for health insurance companies across the nation so monopolies will be abolished and encourage competition thus raising the quality and lowering the prices.

-Promote energy independence by not relying on Saudi Arabian Oil and others and promote domestic resources such as Nuclear Energy, Solar energy, Coal, Fracking, etc... making the US energy independent

-Fix corruption in the government by having proper management. ("million dollar soccer field", "special interest lobbyist", etc...).

-Build up the US military by investing heavily into it and by having the latest technology available.

-Not get involved in conflicts like Iraq, Libya, etc...

-Put proper real tough negotiators so the US won't be stuck with bad deals like hostages, Iran Nuclear deal, Bergdahl, etc...

You do realize than even a massive Wall accross all of the gigantic frontier in the desert won't actually stop shit right?

Most Illegal Mexicans basically just overstate legal tourist visas. The days of border jumping are way in the past.

Deportation and such might actually put a bigger dent but it still won't work. You actually have to go to the root of the problema and get "tough" on businesses that hire illegal immigrants to begin with.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I just feel like Trump is running a "Brexit"-like campaign. Wanting to stir shit up by promising crazy outlandish things without any real plan behind it and when he finally gets elected he'll be like "Oh shit, I thought you guys had the plan. Now what?"

You guys have too much time on your hands, bickering back and forth like little children isn't going to sway a strangers vote.

OK, not that this conversation has merit...but it has gone waaaay of topic for the most part.

Please bring it back to earth. Or Ill have the post locked by Mods. Thanks.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER