Did a new windows is come out?

DominicNikon

I updated windows 10 and it's doing it the same way as a new is install. Is this a update or did Microsoft come out with a new os?

It's a new OS.

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Just now, DominicNikon said:

I updated windows 10 and it's doing it the same way as a new is install. Is this a update or did Microsoft come out with a new os?

its an upgrade to a new OS

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

7 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

Updated windows 10, or to windows 10?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

5 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

Windows 10 is a new version Operating System from Microsoft. It's predecessor is Windows 8.1. There is no Windows 9.

It has been released 1 year ago.

Until July 29, people running Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. It is a new OS which includes a wide variety of new features and enhancements.

In August 2nd, Microsoft will release a massive update of Windows 10, names Windows 10 Anniversary Update. It is like Windows 10.1 if you will.

It include even more additional features, lots of polish, and lots of bug fixes. So, stay tune for that.

11 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Updated windows 10, or to windows 10?

Update windows 10. I already have windows 10

58 minutes ago, Lolucoca said:

It's a new OS.

So windows 10.1 or something lIke that?

53 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Windows 10 is a new version Operating System from Microsoft. It's predecessor is Windows 8.1. There is no Windows 9.

It has been released 1 year ago.

Until July 29, people running Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. It is a new OS which includes a wide variety of new features and enhancements.

In August 2nd, Microsoft will release a massive update of Windows 10, names Windows 10 Anniversary Update. It is like Windows 10.1 if you will.

It include even more additional features, lots of polish, and lots of bug fixes. So, stay tune for that.

What windows update am I doing if it's not august yet

5 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

So windows 10.1 or something lIke that?

Oh, that's what you're talking about. I thought you wanted to know if Windows 10 is an Update to Windows 7 :P Anyway, it should be an update :P to Windows 10. 

3 minutes ago, Lolucoca said:

Oh, that's what you're talking about. I thought you wanted to know if Windows 10 is an Update to Windows 7 :P Anyway, it should be an update :P to Windows 10. 

I have windows 10 but it looks like it's installing a new os with copying my files and stuff

Probably it has to do quite a lot of stuff :P I'd wait till it finishes since stopping an ongoing installation is always a bad thing to do

13 minutes ago, Lolucoca said:

Probably it has to do quite a lot of stuff :P I'd wait till it finishes since stopping an ongoing installation is always a bad thing to do

its done that was the longest update ever. and it changed nothing noticable

Probably it was a bunch of updates :P