Toxic poisoning possible?

Every time I used my computer at home (self-built) I would get a metallic taste in my mouth and headaches.
The PC was sat right next to me on my desk.

Over the last few months I have developed a dry cough and a hot feeling in my nose, and I can smell something strange in my nose. Three weeks ago I became very sick - constipation, nausea, stomach pains, vision problems (blurry vision), inability to focus and sensitivity to light. I mean, I can't really read anything anymore without getting a headache and my chest feels heavy. I have very little energy and fall asleep a lot.

I'm due to have all sorts of blood tests tomorrow, however I am beginning to suspect that the culprit is my PC. What are the chances of this happening?

I should also mention that my PC used to emit what I can describe as static electricity. My hairs used to stand on end and my skin used to feel very irritated using my PC. At around the time this stopped, I started to get an overwhelmingly sickly sensation when sitting near my pc and started to smell a sort of metallic smell. That's when the dry mouth/metallic taste started.

I know it was stupid of me to continue using this for long periods of time (10 months or so) but it was the only PC I had and I didn't have money for a new one.

Is it possible to be poisoned from computer gases? I mean like lead or mercury poisoning.

And this is probably a stupid question. Sorry!

Pretty sure computers don't emit gas unless something is broken. You probably got sick from something else.

But you should probably have someone take a look at the PC however.

That's quite odd but if you think it's from your pc i would check that.

Maybe it's an option to move it to another room you know is fine, only move the pc to there and let it run there to see if you get problems there?

Checking the psu might be a good idea, Most toxic stuff is probably in that.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Do you have any fillings? 

The metallic taste could be from one of those. Especially the silver kind. The kind the blends in with a tooth's color wouldn't be it. I get a metallic taste from time to time due to a filling. My tooth hates the filling I guess. Keep seeing the dentist to make sure it's fine.

7 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

The metallic taste could be from one of those. Especially the silver kind. The kind the blends in with a tooth's color wouldn't be it. I get a metallic taste from time to time due to a filling. My tooth hates the filling I guess. Keep seeing the dentist to make sure it's fine.

Actually, both of my fillings came out over a year ago. I'm supposed to have new ones sometime next month.

6 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

I have silver fillings and I don't get a metallic taste but then again i've had them for years so that could be a factor.

11 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

I also have that issue with fillings so I can confirm that this can indeed happen.

As for the PC emitting toxic gases... That's unlikely, you'd probably smell it if something was leaking toxic gases. It could also be mold in the walls or something else(like Asbestos) like that that is in the room your PC is in, which cause you to get sick. I suggest moving the PC to another room and try again. It might also just be severe allergic reaction to something else that you use with or around, the PC.

3 minutes ago, NostalgicGamer1991 said:

Actually, both of my fillings came out over a year ago. I'm supposed to have new ones sometime next month.

When one of my old filling came out, I had a strong metalic taste in my mouth, especially if I "played" in the hole with my tongue.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, Arc_Jester said:

I have silver fillings and I don't get a metallic taste but then again i've had them for years so that could be a factor.

I got 2 done while in the military, and those are the 2 that I've had the worst issues with. One completely fell out, the other got loose but it was fixed. The ones I've had since I was little, no issues with whatsoever. Just the 2 from the military dentist. Figures.

8 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

As for the PC emitting toxic gases... That's unlikely, you'd probably smell it if something was leaking toxic gases. It could also be mold in the walls or something else like that that is in the room your PC is in, which cause you to get sick. I suggest moving the PC to another room and try again. It might also just be severe allergic reaction to something else that you use with or around, the PC.

The building I am in now is owned by a private business for people classed as vulnerable adults (supported accommodation). When I moved in it had new carpets, a new paint job and according to my circuit breaker it was last checked in 2015. Also, I think this building was built in the early 2000s.

I would be really surprised if there was mould in the walls >.<

That's interest question. I never get sick from the computers for 25 years. I have the headaches once while by looking at my monitor too long... 

14 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Checking the psu might be a good idea, Most toxic stuff is probably in that.

@NostalgicGamer1991 Yep...  or checking the thin layer of dusts on your PC case unless you have strong allergy from dusts...

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

2 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

I got 2 done while in the military, and those are the 2 that I've had the worst issues with. One completely fell out, the other got loose but it was fixed. The ones I've had since I was little, no issues with whatsoever. Just the 2 from the military dentist. Figures.

I got mine when I was a preeteen(11 ish) and I have ever had any problem with them, all 4 of them are silver.

11 minutes ago, NostalgicGamer1991 said:

The building I am in now is owned by a private business for people classed as vulnerable adults (supported accommodation). When I moved in it had new carpets, a new paint job and according to my circuit breaker it was last checked in 2015. Also, I think this building was built in the early 2000s.

I would be really surprised if there was mould in the walls >.<

Just takes a little water, some heat and time.  Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

I'm sure before selling products to consumers they're heavily tested, overvolted, overheated and everything else to make sure they're as non toxic as they can be. That's the Underwriter's Lab job, that UL logo in the circle. They abuse things to breaking point and try it again. To make sure it's ok to be sold.

Unless you are buying from really noname brand directly from China etc. not possible. Consumer protection laws in EU and US/CA are very strict. Any company which would be found using illegal materials on their products would be banned from markets. Thats not risk someone like Gigabyte, Corsair or Intel is willing to take. I doubt its PC directly. It might be air in the room or something like that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There was a story years ago, where toxics substance where found in drywall coming from China/US.

Also, it has been found that spray foam insulator between walls (popularly used over the pink insulator traditionally used, due to offering better insulation and cover corner to corner). Basically, if there is a mixture problem between 2 chemicals when applied the spray foam, or too thick layer of foam is been done, it can emit toxic gaz continuously (it doesn't go away, not any time soon, at least).

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/homeowners-charge-us-made-toxic-drywall/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/spray-foam-insulation-can-make-some-homes-unlivable-1.2224287

So, things to check. Maybe the room had renovations.. maybe the room above or bellow you got renovated. Ask the owner of the building.

Ultimately, the best thing is to get an expert to do an air sample where you sit, next to the PC running, and in the room to know. I would go with ones that do full air tests, and not just mold or something like that.