Best Android Smartphone Software User experiance

Out of all these brands for smartphones: Samsung, LG, Sony, OnePlus, HTC and Huawei which one in your opinion is the best in terms of software and user experience, meaning no bloatware (or very little), efficient use of the battery and CPU, plenty of customization options that sort of thing.

Also are there any brands that prefer a bare bones approach? So like stock android or something. 

Google Nexus.

HTC's Sense UI is the best I have ever used. Like it better than stock android. I'm still running an M7 and its only just now beginning to slow down.

5 minutes ago, GR412 said:

Also are there any brands that prefer a bare bones approach? So like stock android or something. 

Google Nexus is obviously stock Android. OnePlus is pretty close to stock, except it runs on OxygenOS (still Android) which adds more features to stock Android. So, probably OnePlus might be one of the best options for the manufacturers you listed.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Stock Android, also, avoid Samsung, Samsung's software is garbage.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Seeing this forum post makes me wanna buy an Android phone again...

Missing my Nexus 5...

1 hour ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Stock Android, also, avoid Samsung, Samsung's software is garbage.

Nope, it's not. It was before. But last year, it got a big change (it got way slimmer).

Now it's pretty great, little bloat apps, some awesome features that stock doesnt have.

I wouldn't trade it right now for a stock Rom, even if it were available ;)

But which gives the best user experience, depends on YOU and your preference. some want the slimmest OS ever possible --> nexus.

Others don't want to miss certain features --> other manufacturers.

For example: TouchWiz' Screenshot function (either swiping over the screen, or Home button + Power button or something like that) has an additional feature. If you press the "+" after taking a screenshot, it will try to scroll down, and make another screenshot, and stitch them together. Like a vertical Panorama screenshot.

That way you can screenshot long texts on websites, long conversations on Whatsapp, etc etc.

And it's stitched together pretty much perfectly.

There are Apps out there, that can do that, but it will 1. not be that good integrated into the system, and 2. in most cases, it's not stitched together that good.

As someone who screenshots here and there, i absolutely don't want to miss this. That's one big reason i would not want to switch to stock android.

---> You'll have to try some UIs for yourself, and find the best for YOU. There is no right answer to "best user experience".

However, there is an answer to "as little bloat as possible". Which is Nexus > Cyanogenmod/OxygenOS --> rest.

If you want to call some softwares garbage, might look into some china phones ;) Meizu, Xiaomi, and some other nonames, that might even come with spyware.

9 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Nope, it's not. It was before. But last year, it got a big change (it got way slimmer).

Now it's pretty great, little bloat apps, some awesome features that stock doesnt have.

I wouldn't trade it right now for a stock Rom, even if it were available ;)

But which gives the best user experience, depends on YOU and your preference. some want the slimmest OS ever possible --> nexus.

Others don't want to miss certain features --> other manufacturers.

For example: TouchWiz' Screenshot function (either swiping over the screen, or Home button + Power button or something like that) has an additional feature. If you press the "+" after taking a screenshot, it will try to scroll down, and make another screenshot, and stitch them together. Like a vertical Panorama screenshot.

That way you can screenshot long texts on websites, long conversations on Whatsapp, etc etc.

And it's stitched together pretty much perfectly.

There are Apps out there, that can do that, but it will 1. not be that good integrated into the system, and 2. in most cases, it's not stitched together that good.

As someone who screenshots here and there, i absolutely don't want to miss this. That's one big reason i would not want to switch to stock android.

---> You'll have to try some UIs for yourself, and find the best for YOU. There is no right answer to "best user experience".

However, there is an answer to "as little bloat as possible". Which is Nexus > Cyanogenmod/OxygenOS --> rest.

If you want to call some softwares garbage, might look into some china phones ;) Meizu, Xiaomi, and some other nonames, that might even come with spyware.

Alright, I did not know that Samsung upgraded their OS, and I think that we hit the agreement that stock Android is the best OS. 

Also , I am from China, let me assure you that Meizu, xiaomi 's phones are pretty bad. But they do not have spyware to spy on you , or me, or anyone that uses the phone..

Edit: Also I did use some of the Android phones, 1 from HTC, 1 from Samsung, 1 Nexus 5. That is why I said stock Android is the best.

2 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Alright, I did not know that Samsung upgraded their OS, and I think that we hit the agreement that stock Android is the best OS. 

Also , I am from China, let me assure you that Meizu, xiaomi 's phones are pretty bad. But they do not have spyware to spy on you , or me, or anyone that uses the phone..

Np ^^

If your last Touchwiz experience lies back to Galaxy S5 / Note 4, then it's really worth checking it out. They got rid of many "useless stuff" there, Color theme isnt as "colorful" as it used to be, and there's a Theme store for that too. 

Back when i had the Galaxy S3, i was using Cyanogenmod for a long time, because it ran much smoother. But on the s7 Edge, i don't really dislike it. I like some features it brings with.

Well, i didnt mean explicit meizu/xiaomi with that. But i've read some news a while ago, that some china phones (really don't know which models, or if certain carriers, or whatever) got shipped with some type of Spyware.

What i meant with meizu/xiaomi, that their  UI is quite..."far away from stock android", and for everyone outside of china, there might be translation problems. So those people would have to use some custom Roms, if my information here is still right.

(However.. I honestly wish Xiaomi, Meizu, etc to start making their phones also for outside  China, like EU, or US. Also with an international distribution, so you don't have to ship it back to China, if you need to use any Warranty. Which can be a Problem for non-china-people :P.

That would bring in some new international competition :P

But yea.. can't go much wrong with nexus. I can't wait for the 2016 nexus devices to come out  (so i can fnially get final android N for my pixel C) :D

If HTC doesnt fuck it up like they did on the Nexus 9, those will be Very great devices, if the Price is right.

Samsung's TouchWiz; stock Android is so outdated and behind in terms of functionality. 

4 hours ago, Repost said:

-snip-

Lack of features? Maybe for some users. Lack of functionality? Nope, if anything, its ahead. What makes stock android experience is the fact you get a much more stable, secure and longlasting phone, than even a Note smartphone from Samsung, its just like that. And its regardlessly, still faster in day to day experiences.

Groomlake Authority

4 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Lack of features? Maybe for some users. Lack of functionality? Nope, if anything, its ahead. What makes stock android experience is the fact you get a much more stable, secure and longlasting phone, than even a Note smartphone from Samsung, its just like that. And its regardlessly, still faster in day to day experiences.

Lack of functionality as in no multi window in stock android, requiring two swipes to access system toggles (wifi, bluetooth, etc), lack of fingerprint login in the stock browser, etc. Google is always playing catchup to Touchwiz. 

11 hours ago, Repost said:

-snip-

Regardless of what features it inates (not just from Samsung), its still the superior platform and the one that allows for greater insight on varius android versions for free and safely.

Groomlake Authority