What's the name of that metal panel that comes with Motherboards to protect the connectors?

I'm supposed to get a silver one with my Z97S Krait and I wanted to get a black one - but IDK what keywords to look for on amazon :/ 

idk what its called or what am I looking for

Anyone ? D: 

(posting it in general for more exposure)

IO Shield?

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

can't find a black one ._."...didn't figure its not that common. 

Like , people odnt' seem to care about that...

1 minute ago, haiimbacon said:

Spray paint?

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Spray paint?

i don't feel like buying a spraypaint just to have it sitting around :/

2 minutes ago, haiimbacon said:

May i ask why? the IO Shield is on the back of a PC, and is usually not seen.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

i don't feel like buying a spraypaint just to have it sitting around :/

Well if you buy a black IO Shield, you will just have the silver one sitting around :)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

May i ask why? the IO Shield is on the back of a PC, and is usually not seen.

idk , figured it might be a few bucks and to have the complete black look to go with the theme of the case. 

but yeah I guess It doesn't matter ._.

https://www.amazon.com/Performix-11203-Multi-Purpose-Coating-Aerosol/dp/B0006SU3QW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467490386&sr=8-1&keywords=plastidip+black

Edit: nvm. But lots of motherboards have different rear I/O so there won't be universal black ones. Just go with spraypaint. If you do a good job, you will be satisfied.

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

1 minute ago, SQZY98 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Performix-11203-Multi-Purpose-Coating-Aerosol/dp/B0006SU3QW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467490386&sr=8-1&keywords=plastidip+black

You'll have a hard time finding motherboards with black IO shields. Even if, I wouldn'd choose my motherboard by  the IO shields color.

I'm not ._." , i just wanted to replace the one i'll get with a black one O-O 

but yeah just gonna leave it at that.

Not gonna do anything about it.

Thank you anyways guys :<

I'm not ._." , i just wanted to replace the one i'll get with a black one O-O 

but yeah just gonna leave it at that.

Not gonna do anything about it.

Thank you anyways guys :<

See my edit. But yea, spraypainting is pretty much the only option^^.I agree, black I/O panels would be nice.

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

See my edit. But yea, spraypainting is pretty much the only option^^. But I agree, black I/O panels would be nice.

what if I don't do a good job ? p_p what if i screw up? then Imma hate the only panel i had X'D

5 minutes ago, haiimbacon said:

what if I don't do a good job ? p_p what if i screw up? then Imma hate the only panel i had X'D

That's the beauty of plastidip. You can always rip it off (relatively) easy, especially on even surfaces like a I/O shield (the more layers of paint you have, the easier it is to pull of due to the thickness of the material).

~Quibiss

That's the beauty of plastidip. You can always rip it off (relatively) easy, especially on even surfaces like a I/O shield (the more layers of paint you have, the easier it is to pull of).

Anyways it doesn't ship to israel :/

Sadface

6 minutes ago, haiimbacon said:

Anyways it doesn't ship to israel :/

Sadface

Oh that sucks. Are vinyl wraps available in your country? You could try it with that, but it will be pretty difficult with all the cutouts :/

You could make it look somewhat like this:

Spoiler

image_7.jpg

Or just spraypaint it with regular spraypaint suited for the material. That would be the easiest way, really^^ There are lots of guides on how to spraypaint properly, including one from LTT. 

~Quibiss

guys just forget it i'll quietly make thbt noises as i shake my head in disappointment when I build it :'D

meanwhile , here , tell me how great you think this is; 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/8gRtJV

ayeee <3 , imma hjead to bed , nini or mornimorni o-o?...lol

3 hours ago, haiimbacon said:

guys just forget it i'll quietly make thbt noises as i shake my head in disappointment when I build it :'D

meanwhile , here , tell me how great you think this is; 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/8gRtJV

ayeee <3 , imma hjead to bed , nini or mornimorni o-o?...lol

try getting a cryorig h7 cpu cooler. quieter, and fits your color scheme

13 hours ago, No said:

try getting a cryorig h7 cpu cooler. quieter, and fits your color scheme

Funny enough that was my first choice - but they don't ship to Israel and there isn't any 3rd party stores.

It really did tickle my fancy when I saw it - but asides , I already purchased the cooler and it looks good enough ^.^