Best gpu for 1080p 60hz

Ram_senpai
6 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Yea they didnt,thats why they cost $100-150 more than Nvidia said they were gonna be...

Until i see benchmark results im calling BS on these leaks and rumours...i dont give a fuck what Nvidia says since they just manipulate the costumers...

Benchmarks coming direct from the manufacturer are always BS. Before believing anything wait for the ACTUAL reviews.

17 minutes ago, Cela1 said:

*Shines?*

I think you mean barely pases.

Considering literally nobody decided to put VR games in their tests... we probably won't know.

1 minute ago, The Realist said:

Yea they didnt,thats why they cost $100-150 more than Nvidia said they were gonna be...

Until i see benchmark results im calling BS on these leaks and rumours...i dont give a fuck what Nvidia says since they just manipulate the costumers...

Post-release benchmarks are always the final say. But Nvidia prices are because of stock issues and a lack of equal-tier competition from AMD.

Nvidia called their 1070 / 1080 MSRP and had their 1060 / 1070 / 1080 card designs finalized before the RX 480 was released and reviewed. I'm expecting the 1060 design to be based out of the same market expectations behind Nvidia's 1070 and 1080 designs.

Likewise, AMD had finalized their RX 480 and RX 490 designs before the GTX 1070 / 1080 released, and I'm thinking that the RX 490 is going to be designed for 4K in the same way that the RX 480 is designed for 2K... which is, not in any practical way (unless only playing DOTA2, LOL...) .

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

6 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Post-release benchmarks are always the final say. But Nvidia prices are because of stock issues and a lack of equal-tier competition from AMD.

Nvidia called their 1070 / 1080 MSRP and had their 1060 / 1070 / 1080 card designs finalized before the RX 480 was released and reviewed. I'm expecting the 1060 design to be based out of the same market expectations behind Nvidia's 1070 and 1080 designs.

Likewise, AMD had finalized their RX 480 and RX 490 designs before the GTX 1070 / 1080 released, and I'm thinking that the RX 490 is going to be designed for 4K in the same way that the RX 480 is designed for 2K... which is, not in any practical way (unless only playing DOTA2, LOL...) .

People playing on $200 video cards are NOT playing at 1440p nor if they are do not care whether they hit the "60 FPS sweet spot". It performs as it should for a $200 video card...

2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Nvidia knows how to manipulate...why dont they make a huge enough stock? easy they want the prices to raise up $100-150 so they could get paid more,think about it they purposely did not make a huge enough stock...not to talk about them nerfing old cards and stating that they give up on support for old gen cards (Keplar),and not to the talk about "The Titan Operation" they pretty much make a X80 or XX80 card call it "THE FASTEST CARD" then after a couple months they drop a $1500 Titan A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P etc... and call that Titan "THE FASTEST CARD CAPABLE OF 4K" then after another couple months when they are pleased they release a X80Ti or XX80Ti that has the same performance for half the price,that happened with the 700 Series,900 Series and will happen with the 1000 Series you just wait...

When life gives you drugs you sell them for a living.

4 hours ago, JMSOG said:

Personal experience, the 970 rocked on my 1080p 60hz display. Now, it will start to falter if you ever get a faster display, or a higher resolution one. In addition, I'm not sure how much longer 3.5gb of USABLE ram will cut it. But the 970 is a very solid card.

I know you said you don't want to do a 390...but nonetheless, you should consider the RX480 ;)

4GB are USABLE. 

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

I especially confused with the title and OP wanna buy 970 or 980 for 1080p 60Hz. I don't think it's worth it to invest on them since newer cards are out.

I suggest getting an AIB RX480 or wait until GTX1060 and decide. They both gonna be better value compare to the two cards you suggested.

3 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Nvidia didn't hold back with its GTX 1070 and 1080.

The 1070 is hugely cut down from the 1080, way more than 970 vs 980 or 670 vs 680.

I looked at NCIX and tigerdirect in Canada, and both those places are literally selling the GTX 980 for significantly more than what the GTX 1070 costs. And, of course, the GTX 1070 is new and greatly more powerful than the GTX 980. I guess places are desperate to recoup their costs on their outdated graphics cards. I feel for the people who might buy one of them at those prices, not knowing that the next generation of GPU hardware has come out, and is cheaper.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

6 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

The 1070 is hugely cut down from the 1080, way more than 970 vs 980 or 670 vs 680.

It's still about as fast as a 980ti, which was the extreme and top-best-of-4 offering from the 900 series, while being only the middle and 2nd-best-of-4 offering from the 1000 series.

2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

It's still about as fast as a 980ti, which was the extreme and top-best-of-4 offering from the 900 series, while being only the middle and 2nd-best-of-4 offering from the 1000 series.

The GTX 670 was 20% faster than the GTX 580, and the 580 was the Titan/80Ti equivalent of the 500 series.

18 minutes ago, YongKang said:

I especially confused with the title and OP wanna buy 970 or 980 for 1080p 60Hz. I don't think it's worth it to invest on them since newer cards are out.

I suggest getting an AIB RX480 or wait until GTX1060 and decide. They both gonna be better value compare to the two cards you suggested.

How much do you think the 1060 will cost

1 minute ago, Ram_senpai said:

US price sounds like it's going to be $250 for the 3GB, $300 for the 6GB.

Just now, SteveGrabowski0 said:

US price sounds like it's going to be $250 for the 3GB, $300 for the 6GB.

In uk? £

Just now, Ram_senpai said:

About half of a 1080. That's what is going around the internet. It kinda make sense too since it "claims" to have better or dsme performance of a 980. So, about 300$ USD. 

It's bold and we need to wait for benchmarks and reviews much like the RX480.

Just now, YongKang said:

About half of a 1080. That's what is going around the internet. It kinda make sense too since it "claims" to have better or dsme performance of a 980. So, about 300$ USD. 

It's bold and we need to wait for benchmarks and reviews much like the RX480.

Yeah i just wish that its not overhyped. Its great if it isnt

Just now, Ram_senpai said:

i just wish that its not overhyped

You bet that the fanboyz gonna hype it. I pretty open when its about gpu releases except when I saw the value to price of the RX480.