Is the steam controller worth it?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is the steam controller worth it?

• I own it, and yes it is
    • I own it, and no it isn't.
    • I don't own it, but it looks good
    • I don't own it, but it seems awful.
    • I don't own it, and i have no opinion

So, i've watched Luke's review of the steam controller 3-4 times. I've read reviews. Now, obviously, the Time of the Steam Sale is upon us, and the steam controller is only $35. So, thought i'd get more people's thoughts...if you got the steam controller, what do you think? Would you recomend it?

My Build, "Helios"

CPU: 5950x with Noctua NH-D15

GPU: MSI 2080ti

Case: BE QUIET! Dark Base 900 Pro

Storage: Samsung 970  pro 500gb (boot drive), unknown 2tb Seagate drive, 4tb WD Black drive

PSU: Corsair HX1000i

RAM: (4x8) Trident Z RGB

Remote PC Starter Kit

succ, get a xbox 360 controller.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

i have it and it is fine. its very handy, especially because xbox controllers require a dongle or wire to connect. (steam controller also needs a dongle, but it is included in the box)

personally, i only play racing games on it, and play tons of rocket league, and for that it is perfect.

however, i would strongly adivise againt using it for FPS, MOBA, and RPG games, as a mouse and keyboard are simply a better, more precise fit.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

27 minutes ago, JMSOG said:

So, i've watched Luke's review of the steam controller 3-4 times. I've read reviews. Now, obviously, the Time of the Steam Sale is upon us, and the steam controller is only $35. So, thought i'd get more people's thoughts...if you got the steam controller, what do you think? Would you recomend it?

Get an Xbone controller: http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories

Hello

I own it, I find it fun to use; but in the end, it feels like mostly a gimmick... a fun gimmick.

The question is: Do you have some money to waste? If yes, buy it.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

I've had mine since october and haven't gone back to using either xbox or my dualshock 4 controllers. For me its the single best controller I've used, but remember there are those who absolutely love the dualshock 3 while I personally find nothing good from the ds3.

Really though, the question is are you willing to take time to learn it? Its very much like console vs pc; its an enthusiast/tinkerers device not a complete pnp device.

I have mine now for a while.

At first I wanted to send it back, but after fiddling around with it and playing more games, I will never use my xbox controller again.

Racing games need a bit to set up but, in my opinion, feel and play much better with the steam controller (over xbox).

Those results are actually pretty funny...

-Most of the people who own it say it's good,

-But most of the people who don't own it say it's bad.

Anyway, I'd definitely recommend you try it, because it's easily the best controller I've ever used. Only problem is that you have to take some time to get used to it.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.