My pc keeps on turning off

Hi so I recently decided to upgrade my current pc build. I already had a XFX 280X, AMD FX 4130, an MSI 760GM P34 FX with 2x4 A-Data 1333 Ram. This was all runinh perfectly fine on a 4 year old Xtreme Gear 600w 80 plus bronze psu. When I upgraded I decided to swith both the motherboard and the cpu. I went with an AMD FX 8350 Black edition and a MSI 970 Gaming motherboard. After I put all the new pieces in I tried runing the computer and it would boot up fine but after a while it would just reboot by itself wheter it was on idle or I was gaming. So can someone please help :( 

8 minutes ago, Joseph142 said:

Hi so I recently decided to upgrade my current pc build. I already had a XFX 280X, AMD FX 4130, an MSI 760GM P34 FX with 2x4 A-Data 1333 Ram. This was all runinh perfectly fine on a 4 year old Xtreme Gear 600w 80 plus bronze psu. When I upgraded I decided to swith both the motherboard and the cpu. I went with an AMD FX 8350 Black edition and a MSI 970 Gaming motherboard. After I put all the new pieces in I tried runing the computer and it would boot up fine but after a while it would just reboot by itself wheter it was on idle or I was gaming. So can someone please help :( 

Step 1 Blame the power supply

Step 2 Blame the motherboard

Also did you buy that stuff recently? because I'd highly suggest you return the CPU/motherboard and go with an 8300 + ASrock 970A-G/3.1 and save some money if you really want an FX 8 core over an i5

Wait you reused your old PSU? it's probably not good enough to run the newer power hungry hardware

Also the 8300 is 95W TDP vs 125W on the 8350

and the ASrock board is simply best in class

okay well the CPU used to be $109

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/GvXYP6
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/GvXYP6/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor  ($119.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970A-G/3.1 ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard  ($73.98 @ Newegg)

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

Also did you buy that stuff recently? because I'd highly suggest you return the CPU/motherboard and go with an 8300 + ASrock 970A-G/3.1 and save some money if you really want an FX 8 core over an i5

Wait you reused your old PSU? it's probably not good enough to run the newer power hungry hardware

I orginally did think to blame the power supply because it could be that i wasnt giving out enough power, but i tried using all the part on my previous mother board and everything worked perfectly fine. 

I guess ill return the motherboard since I bought it two days ago and Ill switch it for the AsRock and I'll most likely switch the psu either way 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

Anyways I forgot to mention that when i ran the setup with a different motherboard the cpu fan was much faster. So could that be that the psu wasnt giving the motherboard enough power?

43 minutes ago, Joseph142 said:

I orginally did think to blame the power supply because it could be that i wasnt giving out enough power, but i tried using all the part on my previous mother board and everything worked perfectly fine. 

I guess ill return the motherboard since I bought it two days ago and Ill switch it for the AsRock and I'll most likely switch the psu either way 

Thanks!

Could just be the PSU, but that ASrock board really is nice with it's USB 3.1, power delivery, and M.2 slot

You could try underclocking your CPU to like 3ghz at around 1.2V to see if that works, but you have the back up PC while you wait for the return anyways

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?