question about the GTX 1070 G1 GAMING

SuperFlower

Today i've got the gtx 1070 g1 gaming and the gpu works fantastic, runs like a dream gta 5, but i have some questions.

I noticed that i have a black dot on the pcb like in the picture (it is from a video from another person on youtube). Is that something bad? My friend who got the same model as mine has the same black dot. Or i should not worry about it.

And the second question is, about the temps. The gpu has the 0 db feature, and i noticed that in idle with the fan stop i have like 45-50 degrees celsius. Is this normal?

1.jpg

both things are normal

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

On the g1 gaming 980ti atleast which i have the fans do not even turn on until it reaches 60 degrees so that's nothing to worry about and for the black dot i assume it's just a manufacturing thing nothing to worry about.

My PC: I7 4770 (3.4Ghz)

32Gb Corsair Xms3 DDR3

Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti

Asus Z87-A Motherboard

Samsung 120gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Aerocool Xpredator Evil Black

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8502026

22 minutes ago, beast said:

Today i've got the gtx 1070 g1 gaming and the gpu works fantastic, runs like a dream gta 5, but i have some questions.

I noticed that i have a black dot on the pcb like in the picture (it is from a video from another person on youtube). Is that something bad? My friend who got the same model as mine has the same black dot. Or i should not worry about it.

And the second question is, about the temps. The gpu has the 0 db feature, and i noticed that in idle with the fan stop i have like 45-50 degrees celsius. Is this normal?

1.jpg

Wow because it's black it's bad? RACIST

No really it's part of the manufacturing, you don't have a shit card because of it.

41 minutes ago, beast said:

1.jpg

both normal, you could always do a fan curve if you worry about your idle temps

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

i think that black dot is cancer waiting to spread.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

5 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i think that black dot is cancer waiting to spread.

I feel offended by your post, but laughing at the same time.

My feelings are confused right now.

why-you-do-this-to-me-thumb.jpg

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 hour ago, beast said:

The fan is based on a temperature curve, and I think most of them start to spin when the GPU reaches about 60°C. The GPU is perfectly happy at 45–50°C.

If it bothers you, you can change the fan profile in software like MSI Afterburner. But it's a great feature, and as the owner of a Kepler card I'm jealous of your silent idle operation. :P

One more question, should i let the sli plastic protector on the gpu and the dvi plastic on the back of the card?

22 hours ago, typographie said:

The fan is based on a temperature curve, and I think most of them start to spin when the GPU reaches about 60°C. The GPU is perfectly happy at 45–50°C.

If it bothers you, you can change the fan profile in software like MSI Afterburner. But it's a great feature, and as the owner of a Kepler card I'm jealous of your silent idle operation. :P

with the G1 cards the fan speed is based of Workload%, not temps :)

ontopic: your card is 100% fine.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

Another thing that I noticed is that when im in a demanding game, if i put my ear close to the gpu i hear a faint constant electric buzzing sound.

I know that coil/whine noise are much more deranging sounds, but my gpu only makes a low buzzing sound.

Is this thing normal? Or it should be dead silent?

13 minutes ago, beast said:

Another thing that I noticed is that when im in a demanding game, if i put my ear close to the gpu i hear a faint constant electric buzzing sound.

I know that coil/whine noise are much more deranging sounds, but my gpu only makes a low buzzing sound.

Is this thing normal? Or it should be dead silent?

My Gygabyte 1080 GTX Xtreme Gaming had coil whine, mine was louder. So yeah it's normal.

it could even be your psu...

It is making the exact same noise as my latest gpu, gtx 970 g1 gaming. Should i change my PSU?

I have a Sirtec High-Power 500w 80+