is it possible to install a costum fan on a NH-U14S?

Maist

I'd like to buy the  NH-U14S and i know it sounds stupid but.. well it's really ugly.

Is it possible to buy a third party 140mm fan and install it instead of the stock one?

Thanks in advance

im not sure if it officialy supports it but you should know that if you want to install fans on a cpu cooler you can easily do it with zip ties

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

2 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

im not sure if it officialy supports it but you should know that if you want to install fans on a cpu cooler you can easily do it with zip ties

Oh i see.

Well my build is red - black and so the stock cooler just looks so ugly in it. can i somehow paint it?

i know it sounds really ridicules but it's important to me :D

@Maist do you mean the fan or the actual heat spreader thing?

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

1 hour ago, Maist said:

Oh i see.

Well my build is red - black and so the stock cooler just looks so ugly in it. can i somehow paint it?

Try doing this 

• CPU: AMD athlon  860k
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2
  • RAM:2x4gb HyperX Fury
  • GPU: XFX R9 380 4gb
  • Case: NXZT S340
  • PSU: EVGA 650G
  • Display: BenQ GL2460HM
  • Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo
  • Keyboard: Corsair k60 
  • Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300 (white
  • Sound Logitech g430
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

•  

1 minute ago, 21rkosta said:

@Maist do you mean the fan or the actual heat spreader thing?

only the fan itself

2 minutes ago, Maist said:

Oh i see.

You could paint the fan, it's a noctua fan so I don't blame you on that one since they're so ugly

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

well you can always paint anything, just make sure the paint doesnt create stickyness between the rim and the fan blades

5 hours ago, 21rkosta said:

The cooler comes with clips for fans with 120mm mounting holes. 

Replacing the fan ruins part of the point of getting a Noctua heatsink though. If you're just going to replace the fan, get another cooler instead.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

19 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The cooler comes with clips for fans with 120mm mounting holes. 

Replacing the fan ruins part of the point of getting a Noctua heatsink though. If you're just going to replace the fan, get another cooler instead.

^ This is what I keep telling to people who are looking for new cooler but dislike Noctuas color scheme. There are plenty of coolers which are in same price range, offer better looks and not so bad noise levels.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv