i7 6800K overclock speeds?

1 minute ago, AlexTheRose said:

Why are you comparing the performance of a 4-year-old AMD chip to Broadwell-E? There is seriously no relation, you can’t just compare the two by their jiggahertz or whatever you’re doing, lol.

im not comparing speeds or performance, but heat and the AMD chip gets really hot compared to other intel solutions, so it "should" be similar to the intel, since one has a TDP of 125 and the other one of 140, its also known that the OC version of the 8350 (the 9590 at 5ghz has a tdp of 220w) is just having a point to compare, or do you have another 6800k we can test?

Main PC:| CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.1, MOBO: Asus B350 PRIME , RAM: LPX Vengance 2400 16gb kit, GPU: 980Ti Poseidon Platinum 6gb
                PSU: SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w , CASE: HAF 932  HDDs:240gb EX900 HP NVME 6TB (2x3 Seagate Barracuda)
                COOLING: ThermalTake Contac Silent 12
Laptop:MSI GL62 7RD  CPU: Core i5 7300HQ, RAM: 16GB 2400mhz, :GPU GTX 1050 2GB: HDDs: 256gb adata NVME + 1TB HDD

love all brands, will go for whats cheaper for my needs

So after running a stress test for like 10min i managed to get an overclock of 4.4Ghz at 80°C on 1.35V.Is this ok or should i increase the length of the stress test.I am using aida 64

1 minute ago, Sa--iq said:

So after running a stress test for like 10min i managed to get an overclock of 4.4Ghz at 80°C on 1.35V.Is this ok or should i increase the length of the stress test.I am using aida 64

what is your radiator config, and settings, can you post a picture of your computer and were is the radiator located?

Main PC:| CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.1, MOBO: Asus B350 PRIME , RAM: LPX Vengance 2400 16gb kit, GPU: 980Ti Poseidon Platinum 6gb
                PSU: SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w , CASE: HAF 932  HDDs:240gb EX900 HP NVME 6TB (2x3 Seagate Barracuda)
Laptop:MSI GL62 7RD  CPU: Core i5 7300HQ, RAM: 16GB 2400mhz, :GPU GTX 1050 2GB: HDDs: 256gb adata NVME + 1TB HDD

4 minutes ago, Mauricio G. B. said:

what is your radiator config, and settings, can you post a picture of your computer and were is the radiator located?

Sorry i cant take a picture now,but the radiator is located at the top in a push config and the fans are at max speed.

2 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

How much heat gets generated by the CPU is not a valid point of comparison. Their architectures are vastly different, and overall they’re not even remotely similar in any way besides, apparently, TDP.

How is TDP relevant to anything besides how much cooling performance you’ll need to invest in?

Op is having issues with cooling his 6800k

comparing tdps to know that the cooling solution should be good even for a 220tdp cpu

getting really high temps on a 140w tdp possibly 180 while ocd even 200

how does tdp doesnt matter here?

2 minutes ago, Sa--iq said:

Sorry i cant take a picture now,but the radiator is located at the top in a push config and the fans are at max speed.

are they exahusting air, or intaking it, also, are you sure the radiator is clean?

and wow 100% that should be really noisy

3 minutes ago, Mauricio G. B. said:

are they exahusting air, or intaking it, also, are you sure the radiator is clean?

and wow 100% that should be really noisy

It is exhausting air,and also clean.not so noisy since i have been used to workers drilling almost 24/7 since the past few weeks

Op is having issues with cooling his 6800k

comparing tdps to know that the cooling solution should be good even for a 220tdp cpu

getting really high temps on a 140w tdp possibly 180 while ocd even 200

how does tdp doesnt matter here?

Because AMD cpu's are weird when it comes to temperature measuring. 

If you want to know the real temperature of your AMD cpu you have to add the ambient temperature to it.

If your cpu is at 45ºC under load and the ambient is 20ºC, then your cpu is running at around 65ºC.

I had some FX chips myself, this was the most accurate way to measure the temperature. I had one 4100 that on idle it was reporting around  1ºC when the ambient temperature was at around 15ºC, hence the cpu temp + ambient temp method for realistic temps.

4 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

Here you’re comparing the two chips, and like I said, it’s not so cut-and-dry. They output heat in different ways and for different reasons lol

how they ouput heat in different ways, and for different reasons

shouldnt it be chip gets load, it gets hot or aparently intel cpu and amd cpu are totally diferent piece of technologies please explain for i dont seem to understand in how they are diferent beside NM architecture and "cores "layours and Cache levels, as for the same CPU struger shown in diagrames seems pretty much the same

1 minute ago, AlexTheRose said:

Sigh…

Think of it like two microwaves. One is an industrial microwave, and the other is a household one. Obviously, the industrial microwave is going to “cook” things a lot faster than the household microwave will, and will produce more heat. It’s also larger in size and costs way more!

Saying something like “the microwave I have at my house gets pretty hot, you sure you’re doing things right?” when talking with someone about their industrial microwave doesn’t work, because the comparison doesn’t work. They’re too different in too many ways.

In all honesty the temps OP are getting are probably the best he’s going to get, considering the architecture and die space and other factors of the CPU he’s got. Like @HKZeroFive said, Broadwell-E doesn’t seem to overclock too well.

Does it make sense now?

uh what you said, no, not at all, basically you said, he has low power cpu and being compared to a really high power cpu and complaining about heat, but actually both cpus im comparing have similar TDPs so yea.., basically saying broadwell E doesnt overclock well seems like a much better answer that all the nonsence you said