Why RX 480 IS NOT A LETDOWN (MOST BANG FOR BUCK)

I wonder what potential this card truly have once its  have good drivers.

6 minutes ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

not to mention if you unlock the power throttle, this might explains hardwarecanucks golden card

But then it wouldn't be the "Performance per watt" champion.

4 minutes ago, YongKang said:

I wonder what potential this card truly have once its  have good drivers.

Not much than what's already out there.  What will show its performance is when you allow it to burn more power.  Burning more power equals more wattage equals more heat.

All of a sudden AMD is back to the 290 again.

1 minute ago, wasd said:

Not much than what's already out there.  What will show its performance is when you allow it to burn more power.  Burning more power equals more wattage equals more heat.

All of a sudden AMD is back to the 290 again.

Not sure how much Watt it gonna eat with its base 150W TDP which is pretty low once you compared it to last gen card.

51 minutes ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

not to mention if you unlock the power throttle, this might explains hardwarecanucks golden card

Think non reference cards will have better Power

21 minutes ago, Chandres said:

Think non reference cards will have better Power

You can add all the power connectors you want.  But if the core design pulls the extra power from the PCIE slot first then there is nothing that the AIB partners can do.   

This is a really big deal.   I was planning to grab one to replace the 380X in my secondary computer, but there is no way I would do that now.  Far to big of a risk.  

This isn't like the 970 mess.  That was bad marketing and communications.   But in the end it was a non dangerous issue with few performance implications.   This has the potential to damage computers, especially in X-fire, which a lot of people have been talking about doing.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.