What to do about a really confusing teacher

Hi.

I am a student and I go to school in Australia (I'm in Year 9 right now).

I have one of the most confusing science teachers I've ever had. I can't read his handwriting, he makes science boring for me and just the way he explains things is super confusing.

It's getting to the point now where it is very possible that I might start failing tests. I don't want to do that, but it's coming to that point.

I am no angel myself, I play games on my laptop sometimes in lesson, but I only play them because the teacher just bores me to death. I know, educations aren't meant to be fun, but this is at the point where I'd rather go and do another subject, one that I don't like as much as science.

I am going to try and pay more attention before the end of term (I live in South Australia, we have one more week left of term before holidays) and if nothing has improved, I might send my year level co-ordinator an email.

Your guys' input is greatly appreciated in this, because I'm still not sure if I can even change classes if I decide to go down that path.

Thanks, Alpha.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

Dude you're in year 9.

If you are having trouble reading his handwriting, ask him if you can get him to write a summary of the lesson on his PC and send it to you so you can read it easily.

Stop playing games on your laptop and blaming your teacher for the reason you are failing. You are failing because you are choosing to play games instead because science is "boring". Well guess what? Working 9-5 5 days a week for the rest of your life is much more boring and this is exactly what the co-ordinator is going to tell you.

This is coming from another person in Aus who was failing in year 9 as well for the same reasons before I realized that I was the only reason why.

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

50 minutes ago, BOT Edward said:

Dude you're in year 9.

If you are having trouble reading his handwriting, ask him if you can get him to write a summary of the lesson on his PC and send it to you so you can read it easily.

Stop playing games on your laptop and blaming your teacher for the reason you are failing. You are failing because you are choosing to play games instead because science is "boring". Well guess what? Working 9-5 5 days a week for the rest of your life is much more boring and this is exactly what the co-ordinator is going to tell you.

This is coming from another person in Aus who was failing in year 9 as well for the same reasons before I realized that I was the only reason why.

Okay man, thanks for that. I really think you just gave me the kick up the ass that I really needed. I will concentrate harder in class, but, luckily enough, I don't think I'll fail. I definitely won't fail the term, and that's all that matters to me.

But thanks dude, I'm gonna start working much harder in class.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

11 minutes ago, AlphaGamer46 said:

Okay man, thanks for that. I really think you just gave me the kick up the ass that I really needed. I will concentrate harder in class, but, luckily enough, I don't think I'll fail. I definitely won't fail the term, and that's all that matters to me.

But thanks dude, I'm gonna start working much harder in class.

No worries dude,

It's easy to think of excuses as to why it's not your fault but that literally isn't going to help anyone.

At the end of the day you gotta look after yourself because noone else will! :) 

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

14 hours ago, AlphaGamer46 said:

Hi.

I am a student and I go to school in Australia (I'm in Year 9 right now).

I have one of the most confusing science teachers I've ever had. I can't read his handwriting, he makes science boring for me and just the way he explains things is super confusing.

It's getting to the point now where it is very possible that I might start failing tests. I don't want to do that, but it's coming to that point.

I am no angel myself, I play games on my laptop sometimes in lesson, but I only play them because the teacher just bores me to death. I know, educations aren't meant to be fun, but this is at the point where I'd rather go and do another subject, one that I don't like as much as science.

I am going to try and pay more attention before the end of term (I live in South Australia, we have one more week left of term before holidays) and if nothing has improved, I might send my year level co-ordinator an email.

Your guys' input is greatly appreciated in this, because I'm still not sure if I can even change classes if I decide to go down that path.

Thanks, Alpha.

Actually Education is meant to be enjoyable. If you are not enjoying Education past Year 10 then you have a serious issue and you need to fix it.

Stop gaming on your laptop during lessons!

Go ask your teacher to send you an email with the writing so you can read it.

Ask your teacher if he/she can try using different teaching styles like doing more activities or using a Visual Learning style or "Hands on" learning style or audio or whatever way you learn best.

If it is boring and all of this can't help you then just persevere. Working a typical Job is 100x more boring. I promise you. It is. 

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),