Did I ruin my system?

Vernaxsis

I am building my pc and today I got my new power supply wanted to test it so mm I setted up the pc mobo on a card board than proceeded to put the cpu and the rams. Than connected the mobo psu coords and the cpu one also. To turn on the pc I touched with a screw the 2 pins on the top left side of jfp1 I accidentally touched the metal part of the screw and got shocked and maybe touched another pin. The pc didnt turn on nor gave any image on my tv. Did I just fuck up my pc :(?  

5 minutes ago, Vernaxsis said:

I am building my pc and today I got my new power supply wanted to test it so mm I setted up the pc mobo on a card board than proceeded to put the cpu and the rams. Than connected the mobo psu coords and the cpu one also. To turn on the pc I touched with a screw the 2 pins on the top left side of jfp1 I accidentally touched the metal part of the screw and got shocked and maybe touched another pin. The pc didnt turn on nor gave any image on my tv. Did I just fuck up my pc :(?  

Fairly good chance you fried the board. Does your cpu spin up or completely dead?

If it did mess something up, i would try testing a different motherboard, It's possible that that is the only "fried" component. 

At least lets hope. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

17 minutes ago, Manage My Cables said:

Fairly good chance you fried the board. Does your cpu spin up or completely dead?

I dont have any fans connected and I hope its just the board and not the processor

2 minutes ago, Vernaxsis said:

I dont have any fans connected and I hope its just the board and not the processor

If worse comes to worse tell who ever you brought the board off it was doa. Don't mention what happend.

11 minutes ago, Manage My Cables said:

If worse comes to worse tell who ever you brought the board off it was doa. Don't mention what happend.

Amazon warranty is already gone

8 minutes ago, Vernaxsis said:

Amazon warranty is already gone

Where do you live that warranty is so fast gone?

Doesnt the manufacturer have a warranty too?

I destroyed my mainboard too when i way young. I put the board without its screws into the case and put the electricity on. I returned it and they gave me a new one without a problem

3 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

I destroyed my mainboard too when i way young. I put the board without its screws into the case and put the electricity on. I returned it and they gave me a new one without a problem

Dominican Republic

4 hours ago, Manage My Cables said:

The only warranty I have is the manufacturer one

35 minutes ago, Vernaxsis said:

The only warranty I have is the manufacturer one

Well thats what you need. Warranty is warranty

Just contact them directly and say it arrived dead i guess

47 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Well thats what you need. Warranty is warranty

Just contact them directly and say it arrived dead i guess

The thing is I ordered it 1 1/2 becuase Im buying my pc part by part do you think they replace it?

1 minute ago, Vernaxsis said:

The thing is I ordered it 1 1/2 becuase Im buying my pc part by part do you think they replace it?

Typically yes, they will. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

2 hours ago, Vernaxsis said:

Well you dont have anything to lose so try it. Just say that the other parts just arrieved 1,5 month later or whatever the time is

7 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Well you dont have anything to lose so try it. Just say that the other parts just arrieved 1,5 month later or whatever the time is

Hah I teste de psu with a friends system and it didnt worl