Just got my 1070, are these #s right? Also problem w/ FO4

VincentVolaju

Originally I had a MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr that I've had for 3 years and it's worked fine for me, so I decided to buy the new MSI 1070 Gaming to replace it. I just got it this morning and just finished putting it in and installing the driver / gaming app from CD. Then checking GeForce Experience for latest driver update and installing that as well.

I wanted to do a before / after FPS test on a couple games so last night I started up Fallout 4 and on max settings in the first town area I was getting 40 fps. I also maxed out Ark to everything on Ultra/Epic and was getting 15-20fps.

I installed the new 1070 and hopped into Ark. On the same character in the same area I was getting 40-50fps. Then I started up Fallout 4 and in that same first town area when the bombing was going on, I was over 120fps. So like a 2-3x increase in performance on both games, does that sound about right going from a GTX 760 to a GTX 1070?

I had the card set to "gaming mode" in the app, I haven't tried to do any kind of manual overclocking because honestly I don't know much about it and don't wanna screw things up.

I was running GPUZ while doing testing the FPS and set some of the sensors for Show Max. I only ran each game for a couple minutes or so just to get a quick idea. But in GPU-Z it said these were my max settings. GPU Core Clock - 1911 mhz

GPU Mem Clock - 2003 mhz

GPU Temp - 70.0c

Fan Speed - 49%

Originally the card was making no noise, but I suppose when it got hotter and reached 70 degrees the fans sped up and I could definitely hear them spinning when they got to 49% fan speed.

Of course this isn't very in depth testing, but just wondering what you guys think? Does this all look normal to you guys when going from a 760 to a 1070?

Also I forgot to mention, when I first tried running Fallout 4 with the 1070 it tried to auto detect my hardware and said something like it wasn't identified or found and auto set my graphics to Low Settings. I then changed the graphics myself to Ultra and took off Godrays and ran the game, just ignoring that message. Any idea why I would have gotten that?

Finally, there was some weird problem I was having when playing Fallout 4, I noticed some of the animations and voice things would be sped up. For example the main character and his wife might talk over each other, like it wasn't synced up well. Also when the dude comes to the door to check your stats / points. The pipboy animations for each stat like Lifting weights, reading the book, balancing on a bottle etc. they were all moving at like 2-3x the speed they should have been. And when the news anchor came on talking about the bombs/nukes, he would start his next sentence before finishing the first. So there was definitely this weird sped up thing going on. Any ideas why/what this is?

Would appreciate any / all opinions, advice, suggestions or just your 2 cents, thanks!!!

it's fine.. new cards so drivers, game patches and profiles will improve things

I really don't get this post at all... go look at benchmarks for those games on a 1070 at your res and settings.. if they are similar, everythings working.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Haven't found any videos that compare a GTX 760 to a GTX 1070, would appreciate a link to the video if you guys know of one.

Also half the post was about the problem I am having with Fallout 4, not recognizing the card and then weird animations or voices in game running a 2-3x the speed they should. Read the second half of my post and then if you have anything else to add to the topic Id appreciate it.

Why would you look for a 760

compare your 1070 to a 1070 review!!!

Glitches and such will be due to the newness of the card (possibly)

Otherwise I didn't advise as I don't have or know any bugs in FO4

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

So when you upgrade your card you should do a fresh driver install. I would download a program called DDU and uninstall your drivers completely and then re-install them using GeForce Experience or by downloading them directly from Nvidia's website. This may clear up whatever issues you have with FO4.

As far as the 760 vs the 1070, you're not really going to find much comparing the two. They are in completely different leagues. You could compare something like firestrike if you wanted but this really doesn't show the whole picture. It is a very large jump in performance. All your numbers look good so I don't think there is any problem with the card in case you were wondering.

Out of curiosity, what CPU do you have? Just making sure you aren't bottlenecking the new card.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

It's an i7 4770k, that I have at 4.2ghz on 1.20v.

I actually found out the problem with FO4. Apparently the game engine itself is tied to the FPS you run out. So when I have 120fps I am literally moving and interacting at 2x the normal speed of the game. I don't understand why the hell they would do that, it only hurts people who take v-sync off, but yeah that is totally the issue. Higher FPS = faster animations in game.

I downloaded a program called Nvidia Inspector to limit the FPS to not go passed 60, while still removing V-Sync / input lag from it. It sucks that I can't play FO4 at higher then 60fps, but I guess at the same time at least I can max the graphics settings out and still be at 60.

Edit: Also the reason why I thought there might be a problem with the card or that it may not be preforming the way I thought it might is because when I ran FO4 originally it said it couldn't recognize my card.  But I'll download that DDU tool and do a fresh driver install just to be sure.