Congrats to my brothers and sisters across the pond!

online_olympian
Go to solution Solved by manikyath,
4 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Nationalism breeds fascism, and more. 

Nationalism is as bad or worse than religion, because while religion can breed a lot of the same things Nationalism can, Nationalism more so inspires fascists. I mean there's a difference between being Patriotic and Nationalistic. Patriotism is generally the more sane, less (excuse my use of Goodwin's Law) Hitler-like approach to things.

nationalism is a good thing, because it creates pride in your own country, meaning you want to help yourself and the people around you forward.

the issue arises when nationalism becomes too extreme, and that "helping yourself forward" turns into pushing other nations backwards, and creating a feeling of superiority.

--

my "favourite" belgian poltical party are the flemish nationalists, because they arent scared of saying what things come down to. they have no problems breaking with tradition or hurting someone's feelings to do what needs to be done. whilst that they also found the balance, where they dont feel the need to "feel better than other countries", but dont turn us into a slave of those other countries either.

You threw off the yolk of the globalist cabal that is the failing European union! I am so happy for my brethren!

Xeon e5-2670, Intel DX79sr, 16gb g.skill Ares, evga sc 780ti, antec 750 80 plus gold, Phantek Entho pro case

I realize that "General Discussion" is quite vague, but my understanding is that it still should be at least loosely related to technology.

I think this should be in "Off Topic."

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

... does this fall under trolling?

anyways, while europe is a horribly expensive puppet show, it's really effective at what it was founded for:

stop all those european countries from starting wars 24/7 and solve it in a humane way, while also boosting the vareous european economies.

fun fact: most of the "stay" voters were college/university students, or people otherwise involved in international affairs.

or as someone who was interviewed on belgian tv said: "i voted stay because i probably understand more of the deeper meanings than most other people"

7 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

I realize that "General Discussion" is quite vague, but my understanding is that it still should be at least loosely related to technology.

I think this should be in "Off Topic."

Wherever it belongs. I don't know how to move it but I thought it seemed pretty general.

Xeon e5-2670, Intel DX79sr, 16gb g.skill Ares, evga sc 780ti, antec 750 80 plus gold, Phantek Entho pro case

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

I've not heard any of this. what is going on exactly?

Brexit! The united kingdom voted to leave the European Union. 

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

should add to this that this gives them less freedom than they think, because europe wont trade much with the UK if they dont keep to european humanity laws.

Are you quoting George Soros? Cus that is fear mongering...

1 minute ago, online_olympian said:

Are you quoting George Soros? Cus that is fear mongering...

truth is europe has very strict humanity laws, and they gladly ban trades with countries that dont follow their standards, which the UK will be watched closely now.

also forgot to add that this "brexit" may also end up tearing the vareous parts of the UK apart as well.

Autonomy is a blessing. 

2 minutes ago, online_olympian said:

Autonomy is a blessing. 

if that is your opinion on brexit, you need to study some politics, probably even those of your own country ;)

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

if that is your opinion on brexit, you need to study some politics, probably even those of your own country ;)

I have. I am a constitutionalist. 

I heard the EU has some weird laws on bananas and cucumbers.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I have. I am a constitutionalist. 

meanwhile your own country operates in a not too different way from how the european union works.

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

I am not sure if that is true. But my gut says it is, must be fact.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

meanwhile your own country operates in a not too different way from how the european union works.

Except we all have an understanding and a certain agreement that we all adhere to. It is the constitution and the bill of rights.

4 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

I am not sure if that is true. But my gut says it is, must be fact.

now if only bananas and cucumbers were the only weird laws :P

inbe4 lock.

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

Except we all have an understanding and a certain agreement that we all adhere to. It is the constitution and the bill of rights.

congrats, you have explained what a lawbook is for.

and sorry to be a party pooper here, but the bill of rights in the states basicly turned into the richer and whiter you are, the more rights you have. the way politics are executed in europe makes me a very, very sad citizen, but some of the news coming over from your side of the pond plain sickens me.

congrats, you have explained what a lawbook is for.

and sorry to be a party pooper here, but the bill of rights in the states basicly turned into the richer and whiter you are, the more rights you have. the way politics are executed in europe makes me a very, very sad citizen, but some of the news coming over from your side of the pond plain sickens me.

We don't have a common ancestry. We have to agree on something and its the constitution. Don't listen to lamestream media. They are all shills for the left.

We don't have a common ancestry. We have to agree on something and its the constitution. Don't listen to lamestream media. They are all shills for the left.

oh, you're *that* kind of american ;)

oh, you're *that* kind of american ;)

Yes, a constitutionalist.

Yes, a constitutionalist.

i rest my case.

you do you on your side of the pond. we'll do us at our side of the pond.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list