Help required

Hello.

I need help with checking after bottlenecks and performance problems, with this build i'll paste below. I want to check if this pc can run these games at high, on open-world games, like Just Cause 3 and GTA V. 

The build:

CPU: Intel i5-4690k

GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 2GB Turbo

Case: Corsair Spec-Alpha

RAM: HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 8GB (kit of two)

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 120gb

Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

PSU: Corsair VS550

Motherboard: MSI B85-G43

Thanks.

Judging by your post, you haven't built / bought this system yet? 

If so, don't buy the GPU, wait 3 days for the RX 480 which should cost roughly the same price (I dont know where you live) as the 960 and you'll get a much better performing system

But the rest of the system is fine for what youre looking for.

are you planning to go overclocking in the future? because you can't overclock the I5 on a B85 motherboard. you would need a Z87 or Z97 board for that!

so if you are planning on using the B85 you should go for a non-K CPU, and use the money you save on a better GPU!

as for the rest of the build, i can't see any noticable bottlenecks happening here. you might want to go for a 4GB videocard tho, since games these days use more and more VRAM.

You shouldn't have any bottleneck issues. A 960 will be decent for 1080p gaming you should be able to play most things at high - ultra. Personally stick in a 240-250gb ssd instead, it will come in handy.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

On 6/27/2016 at 6:57 AM, roughavoc said:

Judging by your post, you haven't built / bought this system yet? 

If so, don't buy the GPU, wait 3 days for the RX 480 which should cost roughly the same price (I dont know where you live) as the 960 and you'll get a much better performing system

But the rest of the system is fine for what youre looking for.

Thanks for reply, i'm gonna think about it.

On 6/27/2016 at 6:58 AM, ClownFace1511 said:

You shouldn't have any bottleneck issues. A 960 will be decent for 1080p gaming you should be able to play most things at high - ultra. Personally stick in a 240-250gb ssd instead, it will come in handy.

Thank you for fast reply.

Definitley wait for the RX480!

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

3 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

are you planning to go overclocking in the future? because you can't overclock the I5 on a B85 motherboard. you would need a Z87 or Z97 board for that!

so if you are planning on using the B85 you should go for a non-K CPU, and use the money you save on a better GPU!

as for the rest of the build, i can't see any noticable bottlenecks happening here. you might want to go for a 4GB videocard tho, since games these days use more and more VRAM.

Thank you for warning me about that, i didn't know that.

The PSU is garbage. Get an EVGA G2, GQ, GS, B2 and P2, anything from Seasonic or XFX (Excluding the XT), the Antec High Current Series, the Corsair RMi, RMx, HX, HXi and AX.

Wait for the Rx 480 or get a R9 380 instead.

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

The PSU is garbage. Get an EVGA G2, GQ, GS, B2 and P2, anything from Seasonic or XFX (Excluding the XT), the Antec High Current Series, the Corsair RMi, RMx, HX, HXi and AX.

Ok, thanks.

i5 4690K can't be overclocked on a B85 motherboard. I'd make the switch to the newer Skylake i5 6600K, a Z170 motherboard and DDR4 RAM with a solid aftermarket cooler for overclocking. If you're not overclocking, a i5 6500 with a B150/H170 motherboard should be fine.

Like someone said, wait for the RX 480 and its benchmarks.

PSU is one of rubbish quality, it's essentially bottom tier. I'd be going for any Seasonic or XFX PSU or for one of the grey Corsair CX power supplies.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, Mother said:

Ok, thanks.

Also, you have a locked motherboard with an unlocked CPU,

I'd get a 240GB or larger SSD, they cost slightly more but have twice the storage capacity.

Also get a R9 380 or wait for the Rx 480 instead of the GTX 960

Please the GTX 960 wont give you great 1080p performance I have one. its good but not perfect you wont be able to max out all games and expect 60fps

Ok, so after your feedback, this is my build:

CPU: Intel 15-6600K Skylake

Motherboard: MSI Z170-A Pro

Ram: HyperX Savage DDR4 2400MHz 8GB (Kit of two)

SSD: HyperX Fury SSD 240GB 2,5"

Case: Corsair Graphite 230T

PSU: Corsair CX650M, 650W PSU

GPU: XFX RX 480

Is this ok?

6 minutes ago, Mother said:

Is this ok?

Get an aftermarket cooler since the i5 6600K doesn't come with a stock cooler and you'll need one to achieve a decent overclock. Otherwise, the build looks fine.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

7 minutes ago, Mother said:

Is this ok?

depends on the psu, if it's the new CXM (grey on the side), then yes, if it's the old CXM (green on the side) then no.

25 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

i5 4690K can't be overclocked on a B85 motherboard. I'd make the switch to the newer Skylake i5 6600K, a Z170 motherboard and DDR4 RAM with a solid aftermarket cooler for overclocking. If you're not overclocking, a i5 6500 with a B150/H170 motherboard should be fine.

Like someone said, wait for the RX 480 and its benchmarks.

PSU is one of rubbish quality, it's essentially bottom tier. I'd be going for any Seasonic or XFX PSU or for one of the grey Corsair CX power supplies.

Explain to me, I've OC'd my G3258 with a B85-P33 v3.... Bullshit man...

2 minutes ago, mikat said:

depends on the psu, if it's the new CXM (grey on the side), then yes, if it's the old CXM (green on the side) then no.

CX PSUs ending with _50M (with the exception of the old CX750M) are the grey variants. Meaning it's all good :) 

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

You can overclock with a B85 Motherboard, thought Z series are better for it (most of the time), unless you are going to do extreme OC'ing... stick with the B85 if you don't have a lot of money.

13 minutes ago, Mother said:

Is this ok?

I own a 230T and to be fair, it sucks to me, the side panels open to the front and that system for it sucks to me... (Your mileage may vary ofcourse)
You don't necessary need a Z170 Series motherboard, unless you can afford it, the i5 is more than enough yes.
For memory I'd take 16GB since memory isn't that expensive and that allows you for more headroom in the future. 16GB is becoming a standard right now.

The rest seems ok to me.

13 minutes ago, tv15dsi said:

Explain to me, I've OC'd my G3258 with a B85-P33 v3.... Bullshit man...

If we're talking specifics, yes, it's doable using the latest BIOS on such motherboards. However, they may not have the suitable power delivery system for overclocking - that varies amongst the models of motherboards.

Skylake is a different story.

For the sake of it, I'd rather just go for a Z-series chipset mobo.

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, DannyRyu said:

Please the GTX 960 wont give you great 1080p performance I have one. its good but not perfect you wont be able to max out all games and expect 60fps

If you expected to max out everything at 1080p 60fps on a 960 then you arent thinking straight :/

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

After even more feedback and help from you guys, i changed some stuff so it should be okay.

New build:

Ram: HyperX Fury DDR4 2400MHz 16GB (Kit of two)

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400

2 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

If you expected to max out everything at 1080p 60fps on a 960 then you arent thinking straight :/

RX 480

RX 480

RX 480

RX 480

RX 480

RX 480

RX 480

RX 480

RX 480

RX 480

RX 480

RX 480

RX 480

xD

2 minutes ago, Mother said:

After even more feedback and help from you guys, i changed some stuff so it should be okay.

New build:

Ram: HyperX Fury DDR4 2400MHz 16GB (Kit of two)

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400

Id suggest throwing in a 2TB HDD in there too, but it looks fine now :)

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h