[CAD$] Would $566.50 for a GTX 980 Ti (tax + ship included!) be a good deal??

shorinman
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,
5 minutes ago, shorinman said:

Woops,my bad.

Anyways, all of the cards you linked to are more expensive than the 980 Ti shipped to my door.  Also, that was my mistake with the shipping.  I was looking at another listing from Canada before, and I got confused.  Yes, you are correct, it's USPS.

Anyway, this is my whole point.

1. Founder's Edition, 600+ (+tax, shipping)

2. Mostly reference (whereas the 980 Ti is aftermarket)

3. For a savings of over $100, what is everyone's opinion?

4. If they were the same price, or close in price, it wouldn't even be up for debate.  Of course I would choose 1070.

why are you in such a rush?

just preorder  or wait for an aftermarket EVGA card or something, which will take less than a week or two, and get that for less than $600

5 hours ago, shorinman said:

Well, add taxes + shipping to that and we're almost at 660CAD.

I was at $567 ALL INCLUSIVE.  That's a savings of nearly a hundred bucks ;)

in fact i put the card in my cart and it end up at 608.45$ including shipping (11$) and taxes (5% GST for online purchase = 28.45$)

So, 609$ ALL INCLUSIVE...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

9 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

in fact i put the card in my cart and it end up at 608.45$ including shipping (11$) and taxes (5% GST for online purchase = 28.45$)

So, 609$ ALL INCLUSIVE...

Taxes in Ontario are harmonised therefore you pay 13% on all products.

Plus shipping.  For you, good deal.  For me, shi* deal!

i5 2500k+Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB HyperX Blu - 240GB PNY XLR8 - Sapphire Reference 7970 - P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 - OCZ ZX 850W

Unlike *some* people, I do not claim to be an expert computer guru.  When I make mistakes, I apologise and I own up to them.  Then, I continue to learn so that I may provide those in need with educated answers to the best of my ability.

Anyway mods, please put this thread to bed.  I have selected the best answer.

i5 2500k+Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB HyperX Blu - 240GB PNY XLR8 - Sapphire Reference 7970 - P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 - OCZ ZX 850W

Unlike *some* people, I do not claim to be an expert computer guru.  When I make mistakes, I apologise and I own up to them.  Then, I continue to learn so that I may provide those in need with educated answers to the best of my ability.