Is this a good pc for league of legends in 1080p

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Yup, very very beefy heatsink, has a few heatpipes and sizzle, it cools better than a XFX DD, sapphire something custom and MY GOD, NON BLOWER REFERENCE IS SO FUCKING LOUD (and hot)! it's like a 20cm by 20cm  block of heatsink/metal, nothing special, cooled by a single 80mm fan that ramps up to 4600rpm (95%) to keep it at a cool 88C :/ 

That's cause you are mining. Easy. Anyway, Blower cards are less likely to kill cheap crap like the VS

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

That's cause you are mining. Easy. Anyway, Blower cards are less likely to kill cheap crap like the VS

still, gaming still ramps it up to 90% fan speed for 92C...don't understand how it's better...

I am derailing this ever so slightly...in my defense, I brought up how I was mining with a W1 430W psu...which spurred on this conversation :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

8 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

still, gaming still ramps it up to 90% fan speed for 92C...don't understand how it's better...

I am derailing this ever so slightly...in my defense, I brought up how I was mining with a W1 430W psu...which spurred on this conversation :P 

Easy - mining destroys a GPU via forcing more power through it than it was meant to handle - the same way Furmark kills cards

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Easy - mining destroys a GPU via forcing more power through it than it was meant to handle - the same way Furmark kills cards

I know but my point still is why would AMD have 2 different reference cards?

Spoiler

radeon-HD-7950-under-the-chassis.jpg

vs

7950-11.jpg

I really wonder whether the blower or the shitty more suitable for a 120W and lower GPU cooler would be better :P (it's half as small as the blower heatsink basically), understand my point? Didn't realise how small amount of metal is used to cool the 175-200W GPU till I picked it up...may as well be a paper weight as it's able to not sag without  screwing it into the case properly :/), also 5% lower fan speeds with it running a few degrees hotter (while been repasted 3 times trying to decrease temps...) during gaming is not better than what it is mining :P 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I know but my point still is why would AMD have 2 different reference cards?

Hide contents

radeon-HD-7950-under-the-chassis.jpg

vs

7950-11.jpg

I really wonder whether the blower or the shitty more suitable for a 120W and lower GPU cooler would be better :P (it's half as small as the blower heatsink basically), understand my point? Didn't realise how small amount of metal is used to cool the 175-200W GPU till I picked it up...may as well be a paper weight as it's able to not sag without  screwing it into the case properly :/), also 5% lower fan speeds with it running a few degrees hotter (while been repasted 3 times trying to decrease temps...) during gaming is not better than what it is mining :P 

2nd is not a reference 7950 cooler. That is a custom-reference design

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

2nd is not a reference 7950 cooler. That is a custom-reference design

Well it was designed before the 7950/7970 was released...so basically every AIB sold it as well so close enough to being a reference? Plus, no AIB really sold the reference blower card so back then, with the community I was in, we just referred it as the useless reference and blower :P 

acousticly optimised

Acousticly optimised my fucking ass :P (that's what it was called...a 9cm by 9cm heatsink (my brain stopped working when I said 20cm by 20cm when I know the fan is only 8cm in diameter) with a vapor chamber that can't cool for shizzle...).

3 minutes ago, Potatoemonster said:

Thank you all :D

Sorry for hijacking your thread slightly :/ Good luck with your build :), it should run League perfectly fine at 1080p and other games at 1080p although at low/very low settings (depending on the game)

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Well it was designed before the 7950/7970 was released...so basically every AIB sold it as well so close enough to being a reference? Plus, no AIB really sold the reference blower card so back then, with the community I was in, we just referred it as the useless reference and blower :P 

Acousticly optimised my fucking ass :P (that's what it was called...a 9cm by 9cm heatsink (my brain stopped working when I said 20cm by 20cm when I know the fan is only 8cm in diameter) with a vapor chamber that can't cool for shizzle...).

Sorry for hijacking your thread slightly :/ Good luck with your build :), it should run League perfectly fine at 1080p and other games at 1080p although at low/very low settings (depending on the game)

I think it might be a OEM thing - like the 760 Ti and that crap cooler

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

I think it might be a OEM thing - like the 760 Ti and that crap cooler

Probably, I don't understand how this cooler got past any one with a brain...17C ambient (miner sits 10 cm from open window so there's always cool air) at 90% fan speed (4600rpm) and 92C playing CS is not acceptable...I'm going to stop ranting as I bought the card for 40 quid :D (made it's cost back in 3 weeks worth of mining so you know :P) but it's really annoying when you have to sleep with it in your room...

10 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Probably, I don't understand how this cooler got past any one with a brain...17C ambient (miner sits 10 cm from open window so there's always cool air) at 90% fan speed (4600rpm) and 92C playing CS is not acceptable...I'm going to stop ranting as I bought the card for 40 quid :D (made it's cost back in 3 weeks worth of mining so you know :P) but it's really annoying when you have to sleep with it in your room...

Keep in mind - after running an hour of Furmark testing on my 280 my temps increased by 3*C permanently - I was getting 67 before and now get 70 - even after cleaning and in the same exact situation

system should work fine for league of legends. I would recommend going with a micro atx sized case though. A midtower with a build like that is kind of a waste of space imo. Doesn't really effect performance at all, but it is something to think about.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz