picking parts i might buy today, need help decide

EvilNeo

i'm going to buy the parts for my new gaming pc today (most likely)

so i've just contacted a retailer that said he'd get me good offers if i get the parts from him
the pc i want to build would be:
GPU: 980ti extreme waterforce (already have)
storage: two 7200RPM HDD (already have)
CPU:   i7 6700k
cooler: 212 evo
mobo: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM(kinda expensive i know ,but there's a great offer on it)

RAM:16GB
PSU:....
first of:Case
i was planning to have nzxt s340 but he offered me to get Thermaltake Versa H34 
so is it a bad case? should i dig for the s340 instead? personally i think the s340 is better for it's looks but the looks are the last thing i'd think of
second:PSU
i was planning for seasonic M12II 620W evo but it might not be available so...alternatives:
thermaltake se 730W 80+gold
xfx ts 650W
so which is the best of the two and is it better than the seasonic M12II?

third RAMs:
i have many available options on that one
G.skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (2 X 8GB) 3000MHz CL15 1.35V (from a different store)
G.skill       ?         1x16GB              3200MHz CL15 1.2V
corsair      ?         2x8GB                3000MHz CL15 1.2V
i'm thinking of either the first or the second option because the third is kinda more expensive (which i don't know why)

Take the case you like the most on the looks, nzxt is fine, For the PSU take at LEAST a 650W 80+Gold PSU because you want some headroom, then for the RAM I'd say corsair 2x8GB 

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

14 minutes ago, EvilNeo said:

i'm going to buy the parts for my new gaming pc today (most likely)

so i've just contacted a retailer that said he'd get me good offers if i get the parts from him
the pc i want to build would be:
GPU: 980ti extreme waterforce (already have)
storage: two 7200RPM HDD (already have)
CPU:   i7 6700k
cooler: 212 evo
mobo: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM(kinda expensive i know ,but there's a great offer on it)

RAM:16GB
PSU:....
first of:Case
i was planning to have nzxt s340 but he offered me to get Thermaltake Versa H34 
so is it a bad case? should i dig for the s340 instead? personally i think the s340 is better for it's looks but the looks are the last thing i'd think of
second:PSU
i was planning for seasonic M12II 620W evo but it might not be available so...alternatives:
thermaltake se 730W 80+gold
xfx ts 650W
so which is the best of the two and is it better than the seasonic M12II?

third RAMs:
i have many available options on that one
G.skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (2 X 8GB) 3000MHz CL15 1.35V (from a different store)
G.skill       ?         1x16GB              3200MHz CL15 1.2V
corsair      ?         2x8GB                3000MHz CL15 1.2V
i'm thinking of either the first or the second option because the third is kinda more expensive (which i don't know why)

620W evo would be an amazing choice if you could get it. If not, get the XFX. Any of the ram will work.

Looks pretty good, I'd chuck in an ssd as boot drive. M12ii is a really good quality psu so if it's available get that. I'd go with the dual channel kit, doesn't matter which brand. As said above both are quality cases and the deciding factor will ultimately be looks

Just now, BbsMentos said:

Take the case you like the most on the looks, nzxt is fine, For the PSU take at LEAST a 650W 80+Gold PSU because you want some headroom, then for the RAM I'd say corsair 2x8GB 

i might not find the nzxt i just wanted to ask if the Thermaltake Versa H34 is bad or not
why the corsair 2x8GB RAMs?

Since you are getting a motherboard, that OC's very well, I would also get a better CPU cooler for overclocking. 

1 minute ago, EvilNeo said:

i might not find the nzxt i just wanted to ask if the Thermaltake Versa H34 is bad or not

Take advantage of dual channel

2 minutes ago, EvilNeo said:

Because as @Silencer said, Dual channel is the most optimized for your configuration

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

I would also get a Samung 850 EVO at least 250 GB. The case is really about personal preference, and for the PSU, the Seasonic and XFX ones you mentioned are good, you could also go with an EVGA G2/P2.

1 minute ago, Silencer said:

Looks pretty good, I'd chuck in an ssd as boot drive.

Just now, Matias_Chambers said:

Since you are getting a motherboard, that OC's very well, I would also get a better CPU cooler for overclocking. 

a better cooler and an ssd would be future plans but firstly i'm gonna need a better monitor first

I would also get a Samung 850 EVO at least 250 GB. The case is really about personal preference, and for the PSU, the Seasonic and XFX ones you mentioned are good, you could also go with an EVGA G2/P2.

i wish if i would find a G2 or P2 but anyways.

i know cases are mostly for personal preference but i wanted to ask about quality of the included fans and the case itself,cable managment,etc.... ,which has better quality materials?
what about the airflow ,is the thermaltake better?

3 minutes ago, EvilNeo said:

a better cooler and an ssd would be future plans but firstly i'm gonna need a better monitor first

i wish if i would find a G2 or P2 but anyways.

i know cases are mostly for personal preference but i wanted to ask about quality of the included fans and the case itself,cable managment,etc.... ,which has better quality materials?
what about the airflow ,is the thermaltake better?

I would say the S340 is a better option than the Thermaltake. It is made almost entirely out of steel and looks better in my opinion. 

Edited by Matias_Chambers

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/4pwMpb For the keyboard, I don't know what type of switches you like (I chose red because they are "gaming switches"), but I will quickly explain the 3 most common switches (Cherry MX blue, brown and red)

Blue switches: Give tactile feedback and have a loud clicky noise and are good for typing.

Brown switches: Give tactile feedback but are not loud like blue switches.

Red switches: Don't give tactile feedback or have a clicky noise, but still have a sound when you press them. They also have the lowest actuation force. (Good for gaming)

You can find a sound test on YouTube.

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/4pwMpb For the keyboard, I don't know what type of switches you like (I chose red because they are "gaming switches"), but I will quickly explain the 3 most common switches (Cherry MX blue, brown and red)

Blue switches: Give tactile feedback and have a loud clicky noise and are good for typing.

Brown switches: Give tactile feedback but are not loud like blue switches.

Red switches: Don't give tactile feedback or have a clicky noise, but still have a sound when you press them. They also have the lowest actuation force. (Good for gaming)

You can find a sound test on YouTube.

i already have a crappy keyboard and mouse but might consider having one in the future
i don't think i'd stand the clicky sound of the blue switches they'd drive me crazy :D 
thought that brown is the best because they have tactile feedback but no clicks,didn't know red is what people prefer for gaming
anyways i've never tested on myself and it would be far on later when i think about getting one

i'm still confused about some parts like

corsair 2x8 3000 cl15 v1.2 vs G.skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3000 CL15 1.35V
Thermaltake VERSA H34 vs NZXT s340 some people say it's a direct competitor to the s340 and both looks good for watercooling
would i be damned if i bought XFX TS 650?
i know the seasonic is better + it's modular but i'm considering the alternatives

5 minutes ago, EvilNeo said:

i already have a crappy keyboard and mouse but might consider having one in the future
i don't think i'd stand the clicky sound of the blue switches they'd drive me crazy :D 
thought that brown is the best because they have tactile feedback but no clicks,didn't know red is what people prefer for gaming
anyways i've never tested on myself and it would be far on later when i think about getting one

i'm still confused about some parts like

corsair 2x8 3000 cl15 v1.2 vs G.skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3000 CL15 1.35V
Thermaltake VERSA H34 vs NZXT s340 some people say it's a direct competitor to the s340 and both looks good for watercooling
would i be damned if i bought XFX TS 650?
i know the seasonic is better + it's modular but i'm considering the alternatives

Ram speeds and CL don't really matter that much, as long as it compatible with your motherboard and CPU. If it was up to me I would pick the Corsair RAM. Both cases are great, and it's really about personal preference. The XFX TS is a good PSU.

If I were you I wouldn't bother with Overclocking. The new Skylake CPUs get the same performance in games when overclocked as when with Fast RAM. Which makes buying expensive motherboard a dumb descision. It's just not worth the money. The Hyper 212 Evo is a good to buy even without overclocking. I have it and its super silent even when my CPU is at 100% load, but not necessary. You can save the money for Case Looks if you are really into that, SSD or something else you really want. To me it seems like Gigabyte LGA1151 DDR4 Z170-HD3P will be enough.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

6 hours ago, Demm said:

If I were you I wouldn't bother with Overclocking. The new Skylake CPUs get the same performance in games when overclocked as when with Fast RAM. Which makes buying expensive motherboard a dumb descision. It's just not worth the money. The Hyper 212 Evo is a good to buy even without overclocking. I have it and its super silent even when my CPU is at 100% load, but not necessary. You can save the money for Case Looks if you are really into that, SSD or something else you really want. To me it seems like Gigabyte LGA1151 DDR4 Z170-HD3P will be enough.

if i were going for straight gaming i wouldn't bother having an i7 at all, but some 3D rendering will be in process
it is true that all this hype for the skylake wasn't that true for gaming as well as expensive motherboards,but i wasn't planning to have a motherboard as expensive as the titanium edition it just had a great 100$ discount offer that's why i went for it,otherwise it wouldn't be wise to spend extra money for a motherboard even if i was going for overclocking