i5 or i7 for video editing/gaming hybrid build

Having a hard time deciding between the 6600K or the 4770 and whether the i7 is worth the extra $60. I see that 2M of cache is available with the i7, along with 4 more threads than the i5 and only sacrifices .1 GHz. 

I am planning on doing a lot on premiere, lightroom, and photoshop. I also plan to do some animation but, to my understanding, that puts more expectations on the GPU and its available RAM than it would tax the processor. I expect a nice slap in the face if that is untrue

I also enjoy playing games with friends; games like Overwatch, CS GO, whatever. I want to be able to play these games while watching twitch or surfing reddit with a second monitor with the option to play Hearthstone in the background. This is where I imagine the 4 extra threads coming in handy, but don't want to make a commitment without addressing the internet first. 

How about a 6700 (non K) with something like an h110/h170 or B150 moob? The price should be fairly close to a 6600k with z170 + cooler, if not cheaper, while combining the IPC of the 6600k and the extra threads of the 4770.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

If you can't afford an i7 but want OC then go with an i5 6600K. If you need the extra 4 cores but cant afford the unlocked i7 then get a 6700 (non - K)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Getting the i7 isn't an issue, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't spending unnecessary money for the things I wanted from my PC. 

11 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

How about a 6700 (non K) with something like an h110/h170 or B150 moob? The price should be fairly close to a 6600k with z170 + cooler, if not cheaper, while combining the IPC of the 6600k and the extra threads of the 4770.

This is exactly why I came here, thank you. Probably saved me hours of research. Even then I still likely wouldn't have found this build for this price