Custom made mouse

Clanscorpia

For a project in learning how circuits board work, how to solder, designing circuits and building them I would like to build my own mouse straight from scratch. Like design and build a circuit board from scratch. Is there a guide to do this online? If anyone knows how to do it or someone that knows how to that would be great. It would just be a simple mouse with a left and right click, and scroll wheel. Once I design the circuit board, I'm planning on 3D printing the casing for it and buying replacement g502 bottom pads for those. I would also like to use the sensor that the cheap logitech mice use and those switches. Buying one of those and removing the circuit board is not the goal. I want to build one from scratch for a learning experience and maybe custom making ergonomic ones for people and making my own gaming mouse. Thanks

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

There is a market for this as you could 3D scan peoples hands using and xbox 360 kinect and provide mouse uniquely designed for a customer :) Good luck. Hit me up if you get it working!

Buy a $2 mouse from a thrift store and study it's circuits, basically copy it making your own tweaks along the way.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Buy a $2 mouse from a thrift store and study it's circuits, basically copy it making your own tweaks along the way.

I've done that before but I would need to learn what parts are in. I know where I can get switches, sensors, resistors, capacitors, and I believe PCBs but not the controllers for them. I believe you can use an ATmega chip but if I base the design off a cheap mouse it's likely stuff wont be marked and I'd like the mouse to be decent because I'm contemplating getting a 2000 DPI sensor, and 3 omron switches with some cheap white leds and make a mouse to replace my g402 and give it to my brother. Decisions decisions....

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

I've done that before but I would need to learn what parts are in. I know where I can get switches, sensors, resistors, capacitors, and I believe PCBs but not the controllers for them. I believe you can use an ATmega chip but if I base the design off a cheap mouse it's likely stuff wont be marked and I'd like the mouse to be decent because I'm contemplating getting a 2000 DPI sensor, and 3 omron switches with some cheap white leds and make a mouse to replace my g402 and give it to my brother. Decisions decisions....

You could probably find a USB controller pretty easily.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

You could probably find a USB controller pretty easily.

Doesnt the controller also control the scroll wheel and mouse inputs? Like my g402 has a processor in it though it also has storage and complicated LED's. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

5 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Doesnt the controller also control the scroll wheel and mouse inputs? Like my g402 has a processor in it though it also has storage and complicated LED's. 

Maybe? 

✨PC Specs✨

Maybe? 

Nevermind. Because my device will have basic outputs it should be fine

Spoiler

AXIOM

26 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Maybe? 

OMG I can't find one -.-

Spoiler

AXIOM

33 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Maybe? 

Lol I found 1 like a minute later xD http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/usb-host-dip

Spoiler

AXIOM