Processor Clock Speeds.

So, a while ago I tried some tweaking of my CPU. Unsuccessful in the matter, so I tried to just go back to the defaults; however, when I looked at my system information, it shows my processor clock speed at 99.6... not 100...

It needs to be 100 for it to reach it's base clock speed of 3.4GHz.

I have a Pentium G4400, but that shouldn't really help you any. PRIOR to me touching the settings for the CPU, it definitely showed 100 for the clock speed. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't effect me much, but I was just curious.

It's normal

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

1 hour ago, mitchellmote said:

How is that normal?

That happens on literally every system.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

On June 21, 2016 at 4:46 PM, incarnate said:

That happens on literally every system.

Your clock ratio, that is DEFAULT at 100, lowers itself over time? I don't think so. 

I know the processor under clocks itself, but the ratio always stays at 100 or else it won't be able to meet its advertised speed of whatever it may be. In this case, my max clock speed on this CPU is 3.4. Because the ratio is below 100, no matter what I do, it NEVER reaches 3.4ghz because the ratio is under 100. 

To the other commenter, I'll try that tonight. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, mitchellmote said:

Your clock ratio, that is DEFAULT at 100, lowers itself over time? I don't think so. 

I know the processor under clocks itself, but the ratio always stays at 100 or else it won't be able to meet its advertised speed of whatever it may be. In this case, my max clock speed on this CPU is 3.4. Because the ratio is below 100, no matter what I do, it NEVER reaches 3.4ghz because the ratio is under 100. 

You like being a condescending little douche don't you?

My rig:

2 hours ago, mitchellmote said:

We're not quite there with 100 ratio/multiplier unfortunately. 

You mean base clock/reference clock. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You know your CPU doesnt always run at it's max speed.........

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

2 hours ago, incarnate said:

You like being a condescending little douche don't you?

No. Not my intentions, dick. 

2 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

You know your CPU doesnt always run at it's max speed.........

Yes.......... read my post........... but the clock, as my bios describes it, always stays at 100... 

Its currently under clocked for some reason and stuck at 99.70 which gives me a max speed of 3290.30MHz. 

The processors full speed on the website states that it is 3300MHz. In my case, it's not reaching they because then clock is... under clocked I guess. When I try to set it back to 100, it reverts itself back to 99.70. 

Look, I'm not trying to sound like a douche, Incarnate, and I'm legitimately looking for help to get it back to normal. The first time I ever booted up my computer, the base clock was set at 100; and it never changed... at least I never saw it change...

17 minutes ago, mitchellmote said:

Look, I'm not trying to sound like a douche, Incarnate, and I'm legitimately looking for help to get it back to normal. The first time I ever booted up my computer, the base clock was set at 100; and it never changed... at least I never saw it change...

The base clock tends to be off a bit in cpu-z more often than not. Whether it's the mobo being off by about 0.3% on the base clock, or the software reporting/calculating the base clock wrong I don't know. However I'm not aware of any settings I bios that could affect it.

You could always set the base clock to 101 but that's about it that I'm aware of.

My rig: