[Build Log] "White Banshee" || Caselabs STH10 || Maximum Watercooling

ASFfergie

"White Banshee"

So I have been working on this build for quite a while now and I have finally reached what I am calling "preliminary stage one" I will be keeping it at this stage for quite a while but I do plan to continue in the upcomming year.

So... on to the build.

The theme for this build is Black and White. These are (hopefully) the only two colors visible in the case. The build is based off of the incredible CaseLabs STH-10 and I went all out with the watercooling and eventually I will have the compontents to match.

Preliminary Stage 1 Part List:

most of the computer hardware was ripped out of my old rig, and put into the sth-10 with watercooling

• Asus Rampage IV Extreme
  • CaseLabs STH-10
  • Intel i7-3930K
  • 32GB G.Skill RipjawZ
  • OCZ Vertex 3 256GB
  • Corsair Force 3 256GB
  • 4TB WD RE Enterprise
  • EVGA GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB
  • 3 x Alphacool NexXxos UT60 560
  • Alphacool NexXxos UT60 280
  • EK Cpu blockEK Rampage IV extreme
  • PPC Dual Uber 665 (Single Loop)(Dual Pump)
  • Bitspower 250ml pump top upgrade
  • E22 Clear Acrylic Tubing
  • Various Bitspower black fittings
  • Mayhem Pastel Ice White Concentrate
  • other misc parts

Upgrades planned for final build:

• SLI Graphics Cards
  • Waterblocks for graphics cards
  • Sound Card
  • Lighting for case
  • re-do acrylic tubing for better bends
  • some minor modifications to case

Now time for some pictures:

Here is the first of about 5 orders all of purely watercooling parts.

xEE5zHWl.jpg

I started fist by putting the ek waterblocks onto the motherboard and bending the acrylic tubing (not as easy as it seems)

BJ8ojyEl.jpg

I then moved on to building the CaseLabs STH-10 and installing the massive 3 x Alphacool NexXxos UT60 560 rads

MsLLeuIl.jpg

here it is after installing the motherboard

vDSmvHIl.jpg

All in all it took about two months for me to get it to pleminary stage one, the main thing holding up the project was items being out of stock such as the acrylic tubing and the bitspower fittings.

Here are some pictures of the build as of a couple of weeks ago:

rbv9ev8h.jpg

9jELoRWh.jpg

Eventually once I get new graphics cards and put waterblocks on them I will remove all flexible tubing and install all hard acrylic tubing. All these pics were take on my iPhone, I will try and get some better pictures taken on a DSLR tomorrow. 

The main reason I put the build on hold was because of time restarints as well as I missed having my machine up and running. She is currently running at 5GHz and folding 24/7 (recently made the switch to the LinusTechTips Team) temps rarely reach 60c so I am really happy. All

Let me know what you thing

~ASFfergie

Must be nice and cool, I like the fans they look cool nice build overall, also can you add pictures of it when the fans are spinning

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I like it very much. I fell low-end now with my air cooling. -_- But nice job.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

The Rampage IV Black would fit that build so much better. Tell me you're getting one this October. :D

I feel this build is overkill for no real reason. That amount of rads is pointless. And it looks a bit empty.

Other than that good job and have fun with it.

Must be nice and cool, I like the fans they look cool nice build overall, also can you add pictures of it when the fans are spinning

Yea I will try and take some better pictures tomorrow with a better camera

The Rampage IV Black would fit that build so much better. Tell me you're getting one this October. :D

Honestly its seems like too much money for a marginal increase in performance and looks. Maybe if I can get a good price on the R4E

Wow 5GHZ and doesn't go above 60 that is ridiculous

Yea I got a great CPU through, I am only running at 1.385vcore in bios and I have never had a crash even when running F@H 24/7

http://valid.canardpc.com/2886476

I feel this build is overkill for no real reason. That amount of rads is pointless. And it looks a bit empty.

Other than that good job and have fun with it.

Yea, When I get time, probably over xmas I will hopefully be doing some mods to the case that will fill up some space. Im thinking SSD's mounted to the midplate :)

Could have done a much better job with that hard tubing tbh. Just not feeling the vibe of the build sorry. Seems empty.

Yea my problem was I could not find a chord the right size to fit inside the tubing, I ended up having to use sand and it was much harder than in needed to be.

When I start to work on the project again I am going to re-do the tubing

No RAM or GPU blocks?

Why?

for the ram it doesn't matter but he have 

• 3 x Alphacool NexXxos UT60 560
  • Alphacool NexXxos UT60 280

with that much dissipation area he can put anothe 1/2 gpu's and the cpu +overclock and still will be with good temperatures 

Gigabyte Aorus pro z390 :Intel Core I5 9600K RAM:Kingston HyperX 16 GB: Asus gtx 1070 Ti AE : WD Black SN 750 ,500 GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Kingston Fury HyperX 120 GB, Hitach 500 GB : Corsair RM750x :Colorful Raynor G1 AOC C24G1  Razer Kraken TE Bassilisk Ultimate ,Ornada Chroma

So many build logs with Caselabs now

1gn9yw.gif

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

GIMMIE IT

GIMMIE IT NAOOOO

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

You should stop by OCN some day (if you haven't already), the percentage

of CL builds compared to other ones is almost ridiculous over there these

days.

Having said that: I'm definitely looking forward to this build's full potential

being realized.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

LOL Ram blocks. Great joke !

The GPU does look lonely in there though :D

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

You should stop by OCN some day (if you haven't already), the percentage

of CL builds compared to other ones is almost ridiculous over there these

days.

Well, I rather have a lot more of CL build logs than any more of these super generic builds I keep seeing here 

*cough* Corsair + ROG *cough*

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I think you need more radiator...  you're risking overheating...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Well, I rather have a lot more of CL build logs than any more of these super generic builds I keep seeing here 

*cough* Corsair + ROG *cough*

Oh I'm not complaining about seeing lots of CL builds, it was just an observation. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Yea there are, but the fact is if you want to go all out with incredible water cooling options CaseLabs is by far the best option.

Very nice build :).  Love the acrylic tubing and sleeving!

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Yea there are, but the fact is if you want to go all out with incredible water cooling options CaseLabs is by far the best option.

Oh, I'm not saying that this is a bad thing! I love Caselabs cases and I'm glad that people use a lot more on here! :)

They're brilliant cases. Depending on your form factor LD cases might actually

be a very viable alternative though. I do love their PC-V7. :wub:

At the current stage of the build I think it looks really lack luster unfortunately. The caselabs was a bad choice in my honest opinion, It could of looked so much cleaner is it wasn't in a giant case that wasn't dwarfing the hardware within and being big just for the sake of big.

Did you really need all that room? 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Plenty of negativity within the thread.

Excellent case & choice of components.

Keep up the great work, don't let the negative posts get to ya :)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

At the current stage of the build I think it looks really lack luster unfortunately. The caselabs was a bad choice in my honest opinion, It could of looked so much cleaner is it wasn't in a giant case that wasn't dwarfing the hardware within and being big just for the sake of big.

Did you really need all that room?

Build ain't done yet, this is just temporary. ;)