How good is minecraft really?

WorldDominator

It's fun, but play with friends. I build computer cases on it.

Always have friends for maximum destruction!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I played it a bit when it first came out and everything was simple, it was fun but it got boring for me. Maybe I should try it again since it's been a long time since I last played it.

I played it a bit when it first came out and everything was simple, it was fun but it got boring for me. Maybe I should try it again since it's been a long time since I last played it.

Don't. It's a different world out there!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

How good is minecraft can be asked more appropriately like so:

How creative am I?

I have had minecraft for years and still love to play it with my friends. One of the most replayable games I have ever played and easily worth the <$20 it runs now days.

More like how creative do I think I am xD

Take it from a guy that owns multiple servers. It dieing. It's still fun for a while but Mojang has to get there shit together.

This^^

You need to play with friends in pure survival otherwise it gets boring and you have to go for the achievements for challenges, once you have finished the vanilla game you have to go for intricate mods like buildcraft and set goals for yourself.  Also you have to play on hard/hardcore otherwise it is soooo easy.

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

This^^

You need to play with friends in pure survival otherwise it gets boring and you have to go for the achievements for challenges, once you have finished the vanilla game you have to go for intricate mods like buildcraft and set goals for yourself.  Also you have to play on hard/hardcore otherwise it is soooo easy.

You can't really finish the game though,  the only thing that keeps me interested is I'm a killed builder so yea.

I would honestly say it is the best game that I have ever played. But I'm not sure that it would still have the same effect that it used to. nonetheless, it is probably the game that I have spent the most time on and I can still enjoy it as long as I am which a couple of friends. If you haven't already, I don't recommend watching minecraft videos too much. Figuring things out for yourself is part of what makes the game so fun. So yes you should get it (I think)

Thanks for your insight everyone :)

I will buy it and I'll have to download some shaders for it ( I hear it makes it epic ). I will probably try to setup a server for a couple people that would want to play with me. 

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

How much is cube world? I've never heard of it but I just looked it up real quick and looks somewhat interesting.

DO NOT BUY CUBE WORLD!

The author disappeared, there haven't been any news from him in over 2 months.

Anyway, minecraft is incredibly fun if you like building.

DO NOT BUY CUBE WORLD!

The author disappeared, there haven't been any news from him in over 2 months.

Anyway, minecraft is incredibly fun if you like building.

I think I may have seen cube world at one point now that I've been thinking about it and wasn't too impressed. Aren't there like friendly NPCs? who wants that? :P

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

It is a very unique game and I cannot recommend it highly enough above the droves of crap spouted by the AAA gaming industry :)

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

'twas fun while it lasted

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

Its good but its definitely not worth its price. I actually bought the game, and in the beginning, it just kept crashing due to some Java related problem; but heres what stood out- Mojang does not have a Support page! While most publishers allow you to contact them via email for problems, theres not even an option like that. I get they are Indie devs, but no support is a real buzzkill... Overall, I would not recommend buying the game as you are stuck with any problems that arise. For me, only after a good 3-4 hours of trial and error, I got it to work without any hiccups. The game is fun, but I feel its overpriced.

PC in Profile

why not play the demo and find out yourself? its very wiki demanding when your new but once you learn to basic its a highly addictive and great game.
demo - http://minecraft.net/demo

Rig Specs:-

MSI-H87M-G43, Intel i5-4670, 8GB Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz RAM, GTX 760 2GB OC-GPU-1135MHz Memory-1552MHz, BenQ RL2455 24inch Monitor, BenQ GW2255 22inch Monitor,
Ducky Zero Cherry MX Blue, Steel Series SENSEI Mouse, Logitech Z623 2.1 Surround, Thermaltake Urban S31, Plantronics Gamecomm 780 Headset.

No problem on the demanding part here. Oh well, I guess I can buy it for some good times with my friend if he really wants to. Is it hard to setup a server?

How much is cube world? I've never heard of it but I just looked it up real quick and looks somewhat interesting.

Cube world is not fun in its current state. 

Minecraft will be fun if you like building and if you're creative.

Good Morning...

It was a simpler version and didn't have any useless stuff. It was the last of a great update :(

Then ignore the useless stuff.

Good Morning...

It was a simpler version and didn't have any useless stuff. It was the last of a great update :(

but... but.... but...... horses.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

I remember when clay was harder to find than diamonds :D

Oh the  useless stuff... I'm still playing Alpha 1.2.5

I think I may have seen cube world at one point now that I've been thinking about it and wasn't too impressed. Aren't there like friendly NPCs? who wants that? :P

The game is still in alpha. It would have been worth the money had it been developed as was promised but since the developer disappeared the game isn't even worth 1$. 

OMG GIVE ME D':

http://oldminecraft.com/

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Oh yes.... I remember my days in Minecraft.. *sniff* I miss the 1.7.3......

I miss 1.4 Beta. Good times.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Mojang is finally adding new stuff that will make survival fun in the 1.7 update. Modded MC such as FTB and Hexxit can extend the honeymoon period for a good 2 weeks, after that its time for a new game.

FX 6300 | Sapphire 7770 | G-Skill Ares 8GB | WD Blue 1TB | ASUS M5A78L-M

Tritton Kunai | Logitech Proteus Core G502 | Razer Blackwidow Tournament 

It's pretty fun with friends and you can build a lot of insane stuff if you have the patience for it:)