AMD/EA Deal For BF4 Valued At $8 Million.

Fudzilla reported that AMD spent between $5 & $8 million US Dollars to secure their partnership with the giant game publisher EA.

This partnership includes exclusive optimizations for AMD CPUs & GPUs on all Frostbite III based games.

It also includes showcasing BF4 game content on AMD hardware & allowing the team at DICE early access to Mantle, AMD's new low level API, promising console-like optimizations for PC titles to boost performance.

The deal also includes 8,000 copies of BF4 to be bundled with the pre-order version of AMD's new flagship video card the R9 290X.

8,000? I thought there were 9,000? 

My chances just got cut down of me getting one of them. Poo. 

Oh well, I will try regardless.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

8,000? I thought there were 9,000? 

My chances just got cut down of me getting one of them. Poo. 

Oh well, I will try regardless.

EDIT: here's my source : http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-radeon-r9-290x-battlefield-4-edition-8000-specs-pre-order_125224

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

That's not a lot of money really...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

That's not a lot of money really...

Agreed seeing how many Frostbite III games there will probably be its worth the investment for AMD to make things all Shiny with the EA Camp

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

promising console-like optimizations for PC

how does that make sense ._.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

how does that make sense ._.

Using AMD's new Mantle API, it will allow up to 9x the draw requests as compared to Direct3D allowing developers to take advantage of direct to metal coding. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Using AMD's new Mantle API, it will allow up to 9x the draw requests as compared to Direct3D allowing developers to take advantage of direct to metal coding. 

and suddenly, confusion 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

and suddenly, confusion 

9x draw requests just means it can request the same information 9 times faster. The speed at which it travels and actually arrives is the same though. 

It is marketing speak. Kind of like (almost exactly like) RAM speed. It doesn't matter, so long as it is "fast enough". It has a single check, but then it doesn't care beyond that.

† Christian Member †

8 mil is chump change for amd

Not really considering AMD had been losing money for some time now...

Not really considering AMD had been losing money for some time now...

Doesn't matter if theyre losing money, theyve still got tons

What about that leak for the Never Settle Forever bundle? Surely it will increase.

What leak?

Doesn't matter if theyre losing money, theyve still got tons

I don't think you get how important it is to be profitable in regards to the stock market, which directly affects how much money AMD actually has to spend on stuff.

† Christian Member †

I don't think you get how important it is to be profitable in regards to the stock market, which directly affects how much money AMD actually has to spend on stuff.

I suppose, I shouldn't be commenting on money till I know about it lol.

I suppose, I shouldn't be commenting on money till I know about it lol.

For reference, AMD's Earning Report losses have been going down consistently by 25% for the past year. So yeah. They are working their way to being profitable. The Console deals will more than likely put them waaaay past the "profitable" target.

† Christian Member †

For reference, AMD's Earning Report losses have been going down consistently by 25% for the past year. So yeah. They are working their way to being profitable. The Console deals will more than likely put them waaaay past the "profitable" target.

Warning: Not actual economical genius talk! The thing is these days that companies are allowed to run unprofitable and having dept is a no biggie anymore. And these kinds of deals in the eyes of investors can be worth more than the 8 or whatever millions that AMD actually spends, thus getting more money back. Remember, I could be totally wrong.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Warning: Not actual economical genius talk! The thing is these days that companies are allowed to run unprofitable and having dept is a no biggie anymore. And these kinds of deals in the eyes of investors can be worth more than the 8 or whatever millions that AMD actually spends, thus getting more money back. Remember, I could be totally wrong.

But you aren't. IMO at least. 

Having debt just means the stock price drops by a bit (a bit is like 25% or more which is kind of a lot). It doesn't mean the company will go out of business, it just means it's cheaper to invest in. 

Being profitable just makes it more appealing to investors, but that doesn't mean people won't invest in it, it just means you won't see a large amount of people investing in it. So the price of the stock stays low. 

Unless a company invests in another company. That happens sometimes. Goldman Sachs is a major example of this. And sometimes one company will invest in another, usually lower priced, company. 

Eh. You get the idea. Being in debt or not matters to an extent, but it doesn't mean the end of the world.

† Christian Member †

But you aren't. IMO at least. 

Having debt just means the stock price drops by a bit (a bit is like 25% or more which is kind of a lot). It doesn't mean the company will go out of business, it just means it's cheaper to invest in. 

Being profitable just makes it more appealing to investors, but that doesn't mean people won't invest in it, it just means you won't see a large amount of people investing in it. So the price of the stock stays low. 

Unless a company invests in another company. That happens sometimes. Goldman Sachs is a major example of this. And sometimes one company will invest in another, usually lower priced, company. 

Eh. You get the idea. Being in debt or not matters to an extent, but it doesn't mean the end of the world.

Yep, that's kind of f*cked up IMO, but the economy these days is such a mess. Hopefully it will fail soon. And in Finland being at the brink of bankruptcy can be cheaper because the government offers lowered taxes, and in Finland taxes are such a big thing to a company, god darn scandinavian methods 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I just calculated it, for AMD to make back the 8,000,000 it had spent it would have to sell 67,000 7970s or R9 280Xs, assuming AMD is making 40% profit margin on each GPU they sell.