Hyper 212 Evo vs be quiet! Dark Rock Tf

Cessna172

Found a used Dark rock TF for $50 Canadian. After taxes, the 212 would be similarly priced. Which would be better for a i5 6500 that would be overclocked. ATX mid tower build, with 5 case fans and plenty of airflow. 

2 minutes ago, Cessna172 said:

Found a used Dark rock TF for $50 Canadian. After taxes, the 212 would be similarly priced. Which would be better for a i5 6500 that would be overclocked. ATX mid tower build, with 5 case fans and plenty of airflow. 

i think the dark rock will be better 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

the dark rock will be much better performing and quality wise.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

If theres no defect on the dark rock tf when you buy it then go for that one.

6 minutes ago, Cessna172 said:

Overclocking i5 6500? You can't do that.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

dark rock tf for 50 cad? wow, that is fantastic, i wish i got that when i bought mine

its normally an 80 USD cooler... so get that

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

7 hours ago, Hero7750 said:

Overclocking i5 6500? You can't do that.

Base clock overclcocking exists for those who have the custom bioses and supported motherboards. managed to get an extra GHZ on the stock heatsink too. Could have definitely done more, but i didnt bother to try without a good cooler., i just ran it long enough for a quick geekbench. The Asus z170 board i have didnt have any bios updates on it, so the method wasnt patched yet. 

And thanks guys, picking up the dark rock tomorrow!