Did you guys find the 480 benchmarks depressing

21rkosta

Did you guys find the 480 benchmarks depressing  

50 members have voted

1. 1. were the rx 480 benchmarks depressing

• yes
    • no

@stconquest i more of ment one of them, not all of them at the same time

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

1 minute ago, 21rkosta said:

@ivan134 no im dissapointed that there using the word phrase vr compatible, because when its not vr compatible  with the new headset people are going to think it is and its gonna be this whole thing, its kinda more of a pet peave thing, like how it annoys me that they named the successor to the 980 the 1080, because people who dont know much about pcs are gonna be like, oh i dont want the 1080 in my pc because it only games in 1080p

Wait... you are going to go spend $600-$800 on VR gear and depend on a $200 GPU to drive it?  IDK... sounds dumb.

I reserve judgement for when AMD accepts money in exchange for the product. Until then, it's an unreleased product, and the benefit of the doubt is self evident.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

1 minute ago, 21rkosta said:

@ivan134 no im dissapointed that there using the word phrase vr compatible, because when its not vr compatible  with the new headset people are going to think it is and its gonna be this whole thing, its kinda more of a pet peave thing, like how it annoys me that they named the successor to the 980 the 1080, because people who dont know much about pcs are gonna be like, oh i dont want the 1080 in my pc because it only games in 1080p

That makes no sense. There are lots of GPU that were once labeled 1080p cards, that can barely hold 1080p 30 fps in modern games. Are you disappointed in those too? Technology progresses and certain things become obsolete. Are you expecting to use a mid range card forever? Vega is still coming that will last longer. I really don't understand what it is you're expecting.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

5 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

AMD playing the catching game with them. Some with wrong clock speed, some with different TDP, some with different max temp, etc etc so they can find whose been leaking information before NDA ended. 

If this is what AMD is doing, then it's a terrible plan, because it sews confusion and a lot of misgivings about the product before it launches. Then when it launches, people might have already formed an impression of the card, and not give it another look, or maybe already bought a different card. What could AMD think they win by sabotaging results of their own product? It will be the bad impressions and confused consumers, not pre-release leaks, that hurt them.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Regardless, I believe this card will be a good deal for someone like me that has upgrade plans and is looking for good performance for a good price. I don't see how it would be disappointing since the 480's goal was exactly that.

24 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

@don_svetlio yes the website claims they are above stock speeds

Website can claim anything they want, until we get actual reviews it's not indicative of anything

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

@ivan134

@stconquest

I dont plan on using it for vr if i ever buy it, im just annoyed because i know in the future im gonna get calls from my friends (all of my friends no nothing about pcs but frequently buy them/attempt to upgrade them) and i know im gonna get calls in the future that are going to be like "i read that the 480 was vr compatible but i baught it and now i cant use it with the new oculus/htc vr headset" and then im gonna have to explain this to them and its just going to be annoying and this is a problem that i could see multiple people facing

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

4 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

@ivan134

@stconquest

I dont plan on using it for vr if i ever buy it, im just annoyed because i know in the future im gonna get calls from my friends (all of my friends no nothing about pcs but frequently buy them/attempt to upgrade them) and i know im gonna get calls in the future that are going to be like "i read that the 480 was vr compatible but i baught it and now i cant use it with the new oculus/htc vr headset" and then im gonna have to explain this to them and its just going to be annoying and this is a problem that i could see multiple people facing

Yeah, that's a serious problem right there... I feel for ya.

At this point I know you are just making shit up.  I wonder what you are not telling us.

@stconquest im just annoyed at there advertising

2 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

@ivan134

@stconquest

This is a huge issue, I agree. Current VR tittles (which exceptions) are not graphically demanding, at least not enough to give a 390x/980 equivalent a run for its money. A lot of the VR games on the Oculus store and on Steam are not graphically representative (imo) of the AAA vr titles coming down the pipeline. 

AMD says the 480 will deliver a "Premium VR experience," but I hope this isn't another "overclockers dream" type of statement.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

24 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

If someone is buying a 1080, they probably know what it is. Knowing pre built prices, A build with one will probably cost 5000. Most people wont invest that money without research

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

58 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

If this is what AMD is doing, then it's a terrible plan, because it sews confusion and a lot of misgivings about the product before it launches. Then when it launches, people might have already formed an impression of the card, and not give it another look, or maybe already bought a different card. What could AMD think they win by sabotaging results of their own product? It will be the bad impressions and confused consumers, not pre-release leaks, that hurt them.

Then AMD should just give middle finger to sites that actually follow NDA and post great in-depth review instead of clickbait article that hold no credentials?

Just wait for NDA ended, take every leaked before that with a grain of salt.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

These numbers are of course no where near the GTX 1080. But the cards is also nowhere near the cost of a GTX 1080 either. For $200, that is some incredible performance.

i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz, 16GB DDR3 @1866MHz, MSI Gaming X 8G GTX 1080@2060MHz, 500GB SSD, 2TB Raid 0 HDD, 240GB Raid 0 SSD, EVGA SuperNOVA 850W PSU, Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed

1 hour ago, stconquest said:

I hope this is not a case where the OP is butthurt that a $200 AMD offering will wreck a GTX 970.  I have been seeing this from the dumber to the smarter people here on LTT.

This is a card (RX 480) that is poised to make at least 7 GPUs, in three different tiers, obsolete.  I guess it is starting to bother some people that spent $300+ on a GPU in the last year.

LOL Oh its going to

1 hour ago, 21rkosta said:

@dackzy yes it can run, notice how its can run not its good at running, and also if in like 6 months or so 4k/1440p/100hz/144hz vr comes along this thing will not be vr compatible at all

yeah and the 480 is running about 980 with alpha type of drivers aka it will get more performance in the future. AMD also has some VR optimized software and hardware on/for their new cards, so VR should run well.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

That's impressive as hell for a 200$ card

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

48 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Then AMD should just give middle finger to sites that actually follow NDA and post great in-depth review instead of clickbait article that hold no credentials?

Just wait for NDA ended, take every leaked before that with a grain of salt.

Wait, you actually believe AMD would create a ton of mixed news and likely affect its own sales just to help sites that observe the NDA?

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

All Nvidia has to do is release a 1060 with 980 performance with 2 variants:

1060 4gb = $199 and 1060 8gb = $229

and watch their jaw drop.

@Brad Rifkin lol i feel like thats so gonna be the case,

58 minutes ago, Centurius said:

Wait, you actually believe AMD would create a ton of mixed news and likely affect its own sales just to help sites that observe the NDA?

hqdefault.jpg

I didn't say anything about AMD making mixed news.

44 minutes ago, Brad Rifkin said:

The card have 192bit memory bus so usually Nvidia will release only 3GB and 6GB version or just the latter.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

hqdefault.jpg

I didn't say anything about AMD making mixed news.

The card have 192bit memory bus so usually Nvidia will release only 3GB and 6GB version or just the latter.

Yes you did, by stating that AMD would send out cards that don't have the right clock speed or TDP they would be creating a ton of news that has both positive and negative articles thus absolutely confusing the consumer. 

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

55 minutes ago, Brad Rifkin said:

11 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

@Brad Rifkin lol i feel like thats so gonna be the case,

G A M E   O V E R ! ! !

You feel butthurt, admit it.  If the 1060 mimics the RX480 in performance, why are you not worried for Nvidias 1060?  Don't give me that VR nonsense.  The RX 480 will probably run every current VR game @90FPs and continue the trend for quite a while.

99.7% of PC users will not buy any VR gear for a long time.  That market is so tiny it is not even funny.  Devs will come out with a few titles, but VR to the masses is not a thing yet.  How many units have sold?  10K, 20K?  How much does it cost to develop a game?  Where is the profit margin? 

AMD's marketing it to wow people:  Premium VR.

I will be impressed if VR takes off this time round.  VR has been showcased since the 80s man.  Too much money, not much reward.

This card will most likely meet any expectations I (and many others) have, and might even impress us.

6 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Funny, other sources I've seen say 256-bit.

Let's just wait until it gets posted here: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-10**

I think Nvidia learned their lesson by creating a bottleneck on the 960 and gave the low end gpu market to AMD.  However, had they given the 960 a wider bus, the the 970's sales would have been cannibalized.