Want a no Bottleneck Motherboard for 5930k or 5960X i7 processor.

1 hour ago, GlassBomb said:

The card was just released last week. Wait a bit longer for third party coolers to come around in the near future.

My mouth is watering!

Could I get a time range on what near future is...approx?? In other words what has been this time lag in past?

1 minute ago, mhamrin said:

My mouth is watering!

Could I get a time range on what near future is...approx?? In other words what has been this time lag in past?

Nope, lol.  Sometimes they are available at launch, sometimes (as in this case) not.  A few weeks at most.

5 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Nope, lol.  Sometimes they are available at launch, sometimes (as in this case) not.  A few weeks at most.

That'll work.

Any probs with earliy editions?

6 minutes ago, mhamrin said:

That'll work.

Any probs with earliy editions?

Only if you buy them before they are reviewed by tech reviewers.  There are some bad implementations of coolers on some models of cards.  AMD's last gen had very lazy coolers added on by ASUS and Gigabyte.  Some were voltage locked because they were so bad.  They had to keep the temperature down.

36 minutes ago, stconquest said:

So x8/x8/x8 won't work on older X99 boards equipped with a 5820K?  Interesting, I did not know that.  Thanks.

Some do and some don't, it doesn't mean all old motherboards can't with a 5820K or 6800K. Most will have to look at the specs before buying.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

6 hours ago, stconquest said:

Could be any day now.  I have no idea.

I guess in the meanwhile i want to make sure i've got everything else picked out. Want to make sure I get well matched water cooler and power supply. Watts of current build states it's a bit above 400w used. Eventually sli will come into play i think. There's a wide range in prices in psu's. Any thoughts on what would be optimal? I'm a bit lost here on what's important...what would be optimal. Is a cheap psu going to put MB or other components at risk in any way?

Also, I like the stats on  CRYORIG A80 128.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler. i really want a very good water cooler so since my current build is having heat issues. Again, I am looking for optimal.

Monitors: I will have 3 and possibly up to 6 within a year or so. 

Thanks again for your input!

2 minutes ago, mhamrin said:

I guess in the meanwhile i want to make sure i've got everything else picked out. Want to make sure I get well matched water cooler and power supply. Watts of current build states it's a bit above 400w used. Eventually sli will come into play i think. There's a wide range in prices in psu's. Any thoughts on what would be optimal? I'm a bit lost here on what's important...what would be optimal. Is a cheap psu going to put MB or other components at risk in any way?

Also, I like the stats on  CRYORIG A80 128.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler. i really want a very good water cooler so since my current build is having heat issues. Again, I am looking for optimal.

Monitors: I will have 3 and possibly up to 6 within a year or so. 

Thanks again for your input!

The risks of a crappy power supply... it will die prematurely, be loud and will not maintain it's advertised power output.  The chance it will do harm to other components is minimal.

Why go crappy when decent power supplies are so inexpensive: 

$65 and will easily power a 5820K and two GTX 1070s:  https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Crossfire-Warranty-110-B2-0750-VR/dp/B00KFAFRW6?ie=UTF8&tag=pcpapi-20

Feel better with more power?  $80:  https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Crossfire-Warranty-110-B2-0850-V1/dp/B00KYK1CC6?ie=UTF8&tag=pcpapi-20

Want fully modular?  http://pcpartpicker.com/product/zTdqqs/seasonic-power-supply-ss750am2

or:  http://pcpartpicker.com/product/Bn3RsY/seasonic-power-supply-ss850am2

Bragging rights?:  http://pcpartpicker.com/product/jBZ2FT/evga-power-supply-220p20750x1

or:  http://pcpartpicker.com/product/zhgPxr/evga-power-supply-220p20850x1

The cooler is up to you.  The Noctua is the performance per dollar king with the $90 NH-D15.  The fans are ugly so I went with the $75 Phanteks TC14PE.  The TC14PE will perform competitively with a 280mm radiator on a AiO (All-In-One).  I don't think you will need to squeeze out every MHz from the CPU.  If 100MHz matters to you, go for the liquid cooler.

The H110 shown here will perform as the A80 would:

CPU_OC_typical_a.gif

Tip 2385903

When purchase CPU buy the one that's doesn't sacrifice the other features even if it had less cores. Example. 6800k vs 68506850k why doe's it cost more..  It's. Not the GHz because infact the extreme edition has less Turbo GHz but more cores

(spoiler insanely priced and not worth the tag at all for anyone but impulse buyers and those not in the know) 

The 6800k has 20 lanes and the 6850 has the full 40 I can bet you can OC either to at least 4.5GHz without micro power management the same goes for your 5xxx series the point people are making is the extra 0.5 GHz or whatever it is doesn't justify the price and you can exceed this with the cheaper processor with a tiny overclock and a pinch of voltage in a snap. 

What you want to look for when comparing a range of processes is the spec sheet and see what the have incommon do they all have the same bandwidth,  do they all have the same instruction sets is the cache the same on the same amount of cores that sort of thing.  If the clock speeds are the only difference in this day and age it doesn't justify 200 bux more because overclocked to same speeds are free. 

Sent from my mobile so excuse lack of facts we all know it's hard to cite and reference things when you can't multitask 

2 hours ago, Misunderstood Wookie said:

Tip 2385903

When purchase CPU buy the one that's doesn't sacrifice the other features even if it had less cores. Example. 6800k vs 68506850k why doe's it cost more..  It's. Not the GHz because infact the extreme edition has less Turbo GHz but more cores

(spoiler insanely priced and not worth the tag at all for anyone but impulse buyers and those not in the know) 

The 6800k has 20 lanes and the 6850 has the full 40 I can bet you can OC either to at least 4.5GHz without micro power management the same goes for your 5xxx series the point people are making is the extra 0.5 GHz or whatever it is doesn't justify the price and you can exceed this with the cheaper processor with a tiny overclock and a pinch of voltage in a snap. 

What you want to look for when comparing a range of processes is the spec sheet and see what the have incommon do they all have the same bandwidth,  do they all have the same instruction sets is the cache the same on the same amount of cores that sort of thing.  If the clock speeds are the only difference in this day and age it doesn't justify 200 bux more because overclocked to same speeds are free. 

Sent from my mobile so excuse lack of facts we all know it's hard to cite and reference things when you can't multitask 

5820K and 6800K have 28 lanes and are both 6 cores.

5930K and 6850K have both 40 lanes, and are both 6 cores.

1 minute ago, Sintezza said:

5820K and 6800K have 28 lanes and are both 6 cores.

5930K and 6850K have both 40 lanes, and are both 6 cores.

Maybe I miss interpret your post if I have all good just let me know but 

What's your point?  I didn't say they didn't.  I was saying not to compare them with the same cores and GHz but the spec sheets because there is a reason the lower model chip appears to be 200 bux less in some cases but have the same core count and clock speed. 

I'm not debating the difference between 5xxx series and the 6xxx series as the Op was talking about the value of the extra mhz between two chips so I was advising to check the real meat of the specs because a few mhz can be made up with an overclock. 

Overall I'm just trying to make his time picking a chip easier by understanding the actual differences in architecture over based purely on the clock.speed and core count.

15 hours ago, stconquest said:

I am so glad you pointed that out...

How about being a little more useful and answering the questioning that OP asked of you... np I will.

I allready recommended a decent board.

So for that matter there isnt realy much more to aswer as far as thats concerned.

[ontopic]

For the rest all X99 boards support overclocking basicly.

One Bios has more feutures then the other, but overall the standard overclocking feutures are present on every board.

27 minutes ago, Misunderstood Wookie said:

Maybe I miss interpret your post if I have all good just let me know but 

What's your point?  I didn't say they didn't.  I was saying not to compare them with the same cores and GHz but the spec sheets because there is a reason the lower model chip appears to be 200 bux less in some cases but have the same core count and clock speed. 

I'm not debating the difference between 5xxx series and the 6xxx series as the Op was talking about the value of the extra mhz between two chips so I was advising to check the real meat of the specs because a few mhz can be made up with an overclock. 

Overall I'm just trying to make his time picking a chip easier by understanding the actual differences in architecture over based purely on the clock.speed and core count.

I was pointing out towards the amount of pci-e lanes.

Not the diffrences between Broadwell-e and Haswell-E chips.

5820K and 6800K have 28 lanes not 20.

As far as my recommendation goes, i personaly dont realy see much reasons to pickup a 6800K over a 5820K for example.

Since the price diffrence is still roughly $70,-.

And thats still allot of money for basicly just a little clockspeed bump and a die shrink from 22nm to 14nm.

If we go back to your post, the amount of pci-e lanes, might be a factor to buy one of the 6 cores with 40 lanes over the ones with only 28 lanes.

But that just highly depends on what OP´s goals are with the system.

And ofcourse which motherboard he like to go with it.

If he wants the abilitity to use X99 platform at its full potential, then it could make sense to buy a 40 lane cpu.

But if he just want to use a single gpu setup, then a 40 lanes cpu isnt realy worth it imo.

17 hours ago, mhamrin said:

Just checked pcpartpicker.com the gtx1070 seem to only be available in founders edition for $449. Wonder if the others are just out of stock. Any idea when it'll be available? I'd pre-order if that was an option somewhere.

The non referance should be out very soon. We already have them in Canada xD

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

9 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

As far as my recommendation goes, i personaly dont realy see much reasons to pickup a 6800K over a 5820K for example.

And thats still allot of money for basicly just a little clockspeed bump and a die shrink from 22nm to 14nm.

If we go back to your post, the amount of pci-e lanes, might be a factor to buy one of the 6 cores with 40 lanes over the ones with only 28 lanes.

If he wants the abilitity to use X99 platform at its full potential, then it could make sense to buy a 40 lane cpu.

But if he just want to use a single gpu setup, then a 40 lanes cpu isnt realy worth it imo.

If he's using even 3 cards it will be fine. 8 lanes per gpu makes no difference.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

29 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

If he's using even 3 cards it will be fine. 8 lanes per gpu makes no difference.

I know, but then it does limmited to overall expendability capabilities of the motherboard with a 28 lane cpu.

Depending on which particular board he goes with.

I´m not fully sure if that is what "OP" is concerning with "want no bottleneck motherboard"

Thats why i said, if he wants to utilize X99 at its full potential then it might make sense to buy one of the 6 cores with 40 lanes.

But i think that for the majority of the home desktop users, it wont realy make much of a diffrence.

Because who wants to do Quad sli for example?

But yeah that just depends on what OP´s goals are with the system.

I basicly dont want to make it too complicated for OP.

28 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

24 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

38 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

38 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

Good information,  I didn't really dig much up on that side of things as for me I care more about amount of cores and the raw TFLOPS per core as I like to do 3D design and digital art on the same machine I game with occasional times I'll do some developing with a game engine. 

Also sorry about that I wrote the wrong value for the lanes I just new one was near double the bandwidth.

Zzzz. I'm on my mobile atm if I knew how to remove those quotes I would.

5 minutes ago, Misunderstood Wookie said:

Good information,  I didn't really dig much up on that side of things as for me I care more about amount of cores and the raw TFLOPS per core as I like to do 3D design and digital art on the same machine I game with occasional times I'll do some developing with a game engine. 

Also sorry about that I wrote the wrong value for the lanes I just new one was near double the bandwidth.

Zzzz. I'm on my mobile atm if I knew how to remove those quotes I would.

No problem, i was allready assuming that you made a type error with those lanes basicly :D

The mainstream intel cpu´s like the 6600K and 6700K basicly have 20 lanes, 16 lanes directly to cpu, and additional 4 lanes for dmi.

2 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

No problem, i was allready assuming that you made a type error with those lanes basicly :D

The mainstream intel cpu´s like the 6600K and 6700K basicly have 20 lanes indeed, 16 lanes directly to cpu, and additional 4 lanes for dmi.

Ya know right after I typed all this I went and read the "Pci-e lane misconceptions"  thread and looked over the topology briefly and figured it out was a good read,  now if only phones could show two pages the same time. (I'm aware some roms enable it on some devices)

That being said and to be on topic it's still to technically better to understand those details over looking at the cores and clock.speed and thinking oh that one boosts to 4GHz but it's 60 Dollars more when sometimes it really is just a speed boost in difference that trick has been used for so long though recent times the diffrences from I can see lately are more towards specific work loads and not gaming loads.

12 hours ago, stconquest said:

The risks of a crappy power supply... it will die prematurely, be loud and will not maintain it's advertised power output.  The chance it will do harm to other components is minimal.

Why go crappy when decent power supplies are so inexpensive: 

$65 and will easily power a 5820K and two GTX 1070s:  https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Crossfire-Warranty-110-B2-0750-VR/dp/B00KFAFRW6?ie=UTF8&tag=pcpapi-20

Feel better with more power?  $80:  https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Crossfire-Warranty-110-B2-0850-V1/dp/B00KYK1CC6?ie=UTF8&tag=pcpapi-20

Want fully modular?  http://pcpartpicker.com/product/zTdqqs/seasonic-power-supply-ss750am2

or:  http://pcpartpicker.com/product/Bn3RsY/seasonic-power-supply-ss850am2

Bragging rights?:  http://pcpartpicker.com/product/jBZ2FT/evga-power-supply-220p20750x1

or:  http://pcpartpicker.com/product/zhgPxr/evga-power-supply-220p20850x1

The cooler is up to you.  The Noctua is the performance per dollar king with the $90 NH-D15.  The fans are ugly so I went with the $75 Phanteks TC14PE.  The TC14PE will perform competitively with a 280mm radiator on a AiO (All-In-One).  I don't think you will need to squeeze out every MHz from the CPU.  If 100MHz matters to you, go for the liquid cooler.

The H110 shown here will perform as the A80 would:

I love that cpu cooler chart you posted. You changed my mind again...

back to the psu's would you say a 750w should be a min. or do you think a 650 would be fine? This evga is a platinum and has a great sale price.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6p8H99/evga-power-supply-220p20650x1

8 hours ago, Sintezza said:

I know, but then it does limmited to overall expendability capabilities of the motherboard with a 28 lane cpu.

Depending on which particular board he goes with.

I´m not fully sure if that is what "OP" is concerning with "want no bottleneck motherboard"

Thats why i said, if he wants to utilize X99 at its full potential then it might make sense to buy one of the 6 cores with 40 lanes.

But i think that for the majority of the home desktop users, it wont realy make much of a diffrence.

Because who wants to do Quad sli for example?

But yeah that just depends on what OP´s goals are with the system.

I basicly dont want to make it too complicated for OP.

Sinetezza,

Awesome info and recommendation on the asus x99A II.

Some more info about needs and would like recommendation. 

The main program i'll be working with will be utilizing all available cores. I was even leaning towards the 8 core but the price jump was so dramatic... 5960X vs. 5820k....$700+ diff. If i start choking the cpu i'll upgrade later if needed. 

Also, i'll be working with 3 monitors to start and possibly up to 6 within a year. My card of choice will be gtx 1070 when non founders edition is released (hopefully within the next few days). I'll go sli later...but i don't think i'll need more than 2 cards. 

Any thoughts or recommendations on this?

Thanks!!

4 hours ago, mhamrin said:

Sinetezza,

Awesome info and recommendation on the asus x99A II.

Some more info about needs and would like recommendation. 

The main program i'll be working with will be utilizing all available cores. I was even leaning towards the 8 core but the price jump was so dramatic... 5960X vs. 5820k....$700+ diff. If i start choking the cpu i'll upgrade later if needed. 

Also, i'll be working with 3 monitors to start and possibly up to 6 within a year. My card of choice will be gtx 1070 when non founders edition is released (hopefully within the next few days). I'll go sli later...but i don't think i'll need more than 2 cards. 

Any thoughts or recommendations on this?

Thanks!!

Well i think that you will basicly be fine with an 28lane 5820K / 6800K aswell in this case.

You can run both gpu´s in sli, X16 / x8 and then you basicly still have lanes left for an pci-e m.2 ssd for example.

But if  you have any other major exepending planes like adding another pci-e SSD for example, and you want to take the full advantage of its speed, then you will basicly run out of direct pci-e lanes.

For cases like that it make sense to buy a 40 lane 6 core chip the 5930K / 6850K over the 28 lane chips.

But if you basicly just want 2 gpu´s a pci-e m.2 SSD, and a couple of Sata SSD´s for storage for example.

Then you will be fine with a 28 lane cpu aswell, and then it would not be worth it to pay a $200,- price premium for those additional 12 pci-e lanes basicly.

Also if you ever upgrade to one of the 8 cores.

Then you will get those full 40 lanes anyways.

11 hours ago, mhamrin said:

I love that cpu cooler chart you posted. You changed my mind again...

back to the psu's would you say a 750w should be a min. or do you think a 650 would be fine? This evga is a platinum and has a great sale price.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6p8H99/evga-power-supply-220p20650x1

650W should be fine.  Each 1070 will pull 175W at load:  http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-review,8.html

The CPU, around 150W.  SSDs, hard drives, fans, LEDs... 50W.  550W is a good estimate at what this PC will need running full blast.

Platinum or gold efficiency... makes no difference.  You will pay a little more for electricity with gold rated PSU, maybe $0.05 a week.  The $90 Seasonic EVO would be a better choice.  More room at 750W means less stress on the PSU.

Since you budget is big, I can try something... assuming you will really utilize as many CPU cores as there are available...

Older gen option, something like this:

Ivy Bridge, 20 cores/40 threads, ECC memory support.  I don't recommend this for a first build, but I wanted you to see the option.  The "ES" on the CPU indicates they are Engineering Samples.  The 30 day guarantee is a must.

Two of these CPUs:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-CPU-E5-2670-V2-ES-2-30GHz-10C-25MB-22nm-115W-QDNR-Processor-2011-X79-/141938489644?hash=item210c31792c:g:uLwAAOSw9uFW8y54

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 WS SSI EEB Dual-CPU LGA2011 Motherboard  ($509.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston 32GB (4 x 8GB) Registered DDR3-1600 Memory  ($197.99 @ Amazon)  <<Should really have two sets of this kit, 4 sticks per CPU
Total: $707.98 + $350 for the two CPUs
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-15 00:51 EDT-0400

Newer gen costs more of course, but would be worth it... having all new parts:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2620 V3 2.4GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor  ($389.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2620 V3 2.4GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor  ($389.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus Z10PE-D16 WS SSI EEB Dual-CPU LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($484.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston 32GB (4 x 8GB) Registered DDR4-2133 Memory  ($170.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston 32GB (4 x 8GB) Registered DDR4-2133 Memory  ($170.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1676.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-15 01:04 EDT-0400

43 minutes ago, stconquest said:

650W should be fine.  Each 1070 will pull 175W at load:  http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-review,8.html

The CPU, around 150W.  SSDs, hard drives, fans, LEDs... 50W.  550W is a good estimate at what this PC will need running full blast.

Platinum or gold efficiency... makes no difference.  You will pay a little more for electricity with gold rated PSU, maybe $0.05 a week.  The $90 Seasonic EVO would be a better choice.  More room at 750W means less stress on the PSU.

Since you budget is big, I can try something... assuming you will really utilize as many CPU cores as there are available...

Older gen option, something like this:

Ivy Bridge, 20 cores/40 threads, ECC memory support.  I don't recommend this for a first build, but I wanted you to see the option.

Two of these CPUs:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-CPU-E5-2670-V2-ES-2-30GHz-10C-25MB-22nm-115W-QDNR-Processor-2011-X79-/141938489644?hash=item210c31792c:g:uLwAAOSw9uFW8y54

Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 WS SSI EEB Dual-CPU LGA2011 Motherboard  ($509.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston 32GB (4 x 8GB) Registered DDR3-1600 Memory  ($197.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $707.98 + $350 for the two CPUs
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-15 00:51 EDT-0400

Newer gen cost more of course:

Thanks! That's good. don't mind a few extra bucks if its done that much better. will go with 750w. There is a new gen evga and one of the things in the discription is the following:

• Heavy-duty protections, including OVP (Over Voltage Protection), UVP (Under Voltage Protection), OCP (Over Current Protection), OPP (Over Power Protection), and SCP (Short Circuit Protection)

This could just be gimick stuff or something tht is a given that all pcu come with...like gluten free potato chips (of course all potato chips are gluten free!) haha. 

Probably just spitting hairs (but thats my m.o.) the  EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 vs the  Seasonic EVO?

BTW, just bought my first piece. Tridentz 3200 cas14 32gb (16x2) ram. I'm committed now!  

7 minutes ago, mhamrin said:

Thanks! That's good. don't mind a few extra bucks if its done that much better. will go with 750w. There is a new gen evga and one of the things in the discription is the following:

• Heavy-duty protections, including OVP (Over Voltage Protection), UVP (Under Voltage Protection), OCP (Over Current Protection), OPP (Over Power Protection), and SCP (Short Circuit Protection)

This could just be gimick stuff or something tht is a given that all pcu come with...like gluten free potato chips (of course all potato chips are gluten free!) haha. 

Probably just spitting hairs (but thats my m.o.) the  EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 vs the  Seasonic EVO?

BTW, just bought my first piece. Tridentz 3200 cas14 32gb (16x2) ram. I'm committed now!  

Uhmm... you bought two sticks.  Your motherboard supports quad channel RAM.  You just lost half your bandwidth  9_9  It's okay, not the end of the world.  Can you cancel/reorder?

@mhamrin  Both power supply units are really good.  That EVGA unit is made by Superflower.  EVGA just slaps a cover on it and covers it with their warranty.

B2, P2 are made by Superflower.

GS, PS are made by Seasonic.

B1, G1 are made by FSP Group.

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Uhmm... you bought two sticks.  Your motherboard supports quad channel RAM.  You just lost half your bandwidth  9_9  It's okay, not the end of the world.  Can you cancel/reorder?

we'll...wanted to leave room for another 2 sticks later. 

ordered from newegg 10 minutes ago. not sure if I can cxl but will check.