Want a no Bottleneck Motherboard for 5930k or 5960X i7 processor.

6 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Not when you can punch in a few numbers and overclock the 5820K.

The fact is:  You can get a 5820K and 5390K side by side and the 5820K will overclock more and surpass the clock speed of the more expensive CPU.

I'm sure cooling is a big factor in this scenario. correct?

4 minutes ago, mhamrin said:

I'm sure cooling is a big factor in this scenario. correct?

To a degree, but not really.  The silicon chip determines the max overclock more than the cooling.  That is why people get different results with different chips (the same model) when they push a CPU to a great degree using LN2 (liquid nitrogen).  The cooling just let's you push farther no matter the CPU.

The 5390K is just throwing money away.

7 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Wait, you have not bought the GPU yet?

No just loading stuff in newegg shopping cart

3 minutes ago, mhamrin said:

No just loading stuff in newegg shopping cart

Gimme a budget and let me whip up a build, then you can compare and we can discuss more.

@mhamrin  The GTX 980 is dead.  We have $200-$250 cards that will close in on it's performance while using less voltage.

10 minutes ago, Alexander1235 said:

The single difference between the 5820k and the 5930k is that the 5930k have more PCI Express Lanes. 

Isn't more pcie lanes going to improve performance when maxing out system?

2 minutes ago, mhamrin said:

Isn't more pcie lanes going to improve performance when maxing out system?

Nope.  No current GPU can saturate an 8X PCI-E lane.

On 6/12/2016 at 3:33 AM, stconquest said:

...and that is not a difference that translates to any performance increase in ANY dual card setup.

yap

On 6/12/2016 at 3:44 AM, stconquest said:

Nope.  No current GPU can saturate an 8X PCI-E lane.

I can't believe that guy just said that.

3 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Gimme a budget and let me whip up a build, then you can compare and we can discuss more.

@mhamrin  The GTX 980 is dead.  We have $200-$250 cards that will close in on it's performance while using less voltage.

in the $1800 range. Already got my ssd. Got my OS software. 

Pretty set on the case...corsair 780T (some say it's overkill but I gotta have the quick removable dust filters.) This case is juicy. Other than that open to suggestions.

5 minutes ago, Alexander1235 said:

I can't believe that guy just said that.

People come here to learn.  ;):)

One day it might matter, just not for a while.... probably.

18 minutes ago, mhamrin said:

in the $1800 range. Already got my ssd. Got my OS software. 

Pretty set on the case...corsair 780T (some say it's overkill but I gotta have the quick removable dust filters.) This case is juicy. Other than that open to suggestions.

I left the GPU out.  With new cards slowly hitting the market, it is really hard to single one out as we are just getting numbers on these new cards.

I went with a white/black and blue accents... the colour is just what I felt like at the moment. Have a favorite colour?  Your budget is big so colour is easy.

$980:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($369.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BL 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus X99-A ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($215.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($81.99 @ Newegg)  <<Do you need more than 16GB?
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Amazon)  <<Will support two new generation GPUs and the CPU overclock
Total: $947.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-12 05:03 EDT-0400

if you want to maximize the 40 PCI-E lanes of 5930K then you need 4 GPUs in your system...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

14 minutes ago, stconquest said:

People come here to learn.  ;):)

One day it might matter, just not for a while.... probably.

Yes. Thanks! I think I'm learning fast but hey I am still winging it.

3 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I left the GPU out.  With new cards slowly hitting the market, it is really hard to single one out as we are just getting numbers on these new cards.

I went with White/Black and blue accents... the colour is just what I felt like at the moment. Have a favorite colour?  Your budget is big so colour is easy.

$980:

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($81.99 @ Newegg)  <<Do you need more than 16GB?
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Amazon)

You can also change the motherboard to the newer revision if you feel like it, it's only another $10 for it. Asus X99-A II

But that's more or less what I would have gone for as well.

1 minute ago, mhamrin said:

Yes. Thanks! I think I'm learning fast but hey I am still winging it.

I could go all day recommending cases, but I think you are safe to spend a little extra on the case you like most.

Phanteks, NZXT and Fractal offer the best value for the quality.  Corsair and Coolermaster are good quality but charge a little more.

Mother board performance is pretty similar no matter which one you pick . I would pick one that has the features I need and that I like the colour scheme and aesthetics of. Also you asked to not create any bottle necks. This can never be achieved as there is always some component that is the slowest in your computer. 

Good luck on your search 

58 minutes ago, stconquest said:

You do understand that the core performance difference between a $150 X99 board and expensive ones is 0% right?  Do yourself a favor and grab the cheapest one

yes and no ..

there's the matter of DPC latency inherent with each design and manufacturer - I recall Anand doing some DPC latency test a while back

here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7762/gigabyte-g1sniper-z87-review/5

61488.png

but they stopped doing it since the DPC Latency Checker is no longer providing accurate measuring with W8(.1) and W10

6 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

You can also change the motherboard to the newer revision if you feel like it, it's only another $10 for it. Asus X99-A II

But that's more or less what I would have gone for as well.

This is a pretty insane deal on your total build! Love it!

And...yes. I need 32gb ram. Tom's had some good things to say about the trident z. Thoughts?

On 6/12/2016 at 4:09 AM, zMeul said:

yes and no ..

there's the matter of DPC latency inherent with each design and manufacturer - I recall Anand doing some DPC latency test a while back

here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7762/gigabyte-g1sniper-z87-review/5

but they stopped doing it since the DPC Latency Checker is no longer providing accurate measuring with W8(.1) and W10

DPC?  Data per channel?  RAM right?

I know the Gigabyte X99 SOC has shorter buss lengths to the CPU for the DIMM slots which has proven to be marginally effective for pro overclockers.  So what is the performance translation to real world use cases?

I know this is way outdated, but humor me.

On 6/12/2016 at 4:13 AM, mhamrin said:

And...yes. I need 32gb ram. Tom's had some good things to say about the trident z. Thoughts?

Black/Grey/Red.... we must change everything now!  xD

Tridentz are good.

6 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I could go all day recommending cases, but I think you are safe to spend a little extra on the case you like most.

Phanteks, NZXT and Fractal offer the best value for the quality.  Corsair and Coolermaster are good quality but charge a little more.

Can you give me a case recommendations for custom water cooling and I want it to be black

13 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I went with a white/black and blue accents... the colour is just what I felt like at the moment. Have a favorite colour?  Your budget is big so colour is easy.

$980:

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Amazon)  <<Will support two new generation GPUs and the CPU overclock

This is a pretty insane deal! Love it!

2 minutes ago, mhamrin said:

Just go with four 8GB sticks of whatever RAM you can find. There isn't much performance difference between RAM these days.

1 minute ago, Rickie cheong said:

Can you give me a case recommendations for custom water cooling and I want it to be black

Fractal Define S

Phanteks - Enthoo Pro, Pro M, P400

NZXT Noctis

8 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I'll check em out'. Got to go to bed. will pick it up tomorrow. Goin to the lake tomorrow. need rest! This has been extremely informative!!!!

1 minute ago, mhamrin said:

I'll check em out'. Got to go to bed. will pick it up tomorrow. Goin to the lake tomorrow. need rest! This has been extremely informative!!!!

Have a safe trip!