Want a no Bottleneck Motherboard for 5930k or 5960X i7 processor.

7 hours ago, harrynowl said:

Probably not worth it to you. And generally you want to manually tweak ram if you want all the performance. But just setting xmp is what most people do :P

Just got notification that the Tridentz' (3200 case 14) that were sold out are available again with price drop to $199. Then again all the ram price trends show a drop every few weeks...it seems to me. 

I want the ram that is going to have the least issues (zero issues hopefully)...even if i have to pay up for it. 

4 hours ago, Sintezza said:

Also @stconquest and everyone.

I turned out to be slightly wrong about the Msi X99A Sli krait boards vrm implementation.

This particular board has a similar vrm implementation as the Mpower.

So 6 true phases doubled to 12 from the isl6388 pwm.

The Msi X99A Sli plus, Raider, Gaming 7 and Gaming 9, do use the same isl6388 pwm.

Which would mean that they only took 4 phases and doubled them to 8 phases on those particular boards.

Because the isl6388 like i said is an 6+1 true phase pwm.

isl doesnt care any true 8 phase pwm´s only IR and Chil.

So the Asus x99a-II is still the way to go...correct?

3 hours ago, done12many2 said:

I couldn't agree more.  I've been through a lot of different RAM on my x99 setup and this stuff is where the hunt ended.  It is the fastest memory that works with my 5960x.  

It would also do 3400 at XMP timings and stock voltage with a 6950x, but I decided to return the 6950x and continue using my 5960x.

This is good to know. I may possibly be getting an 5960x if my program chokes with my 5820k (haven't bought either yet). That said, it may be best to get Tridentz 3200 cas14 since its back in stock as of this morning with price drop to $199

3 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Yeah, if cost is an issue there are other options.  The problem with x99 is DDR4 sets are far from equal when it comes to ease of configuration.

With x99, there are a lot of issues with lower end memory and their XMP.  You'll see a lot of folks running less expensive RAM at 2133 to 2400 simply because there are a lot of Haswell-E chips with picky IMCs and they can't get their DDR4 to boot at the memory's advertised XMP.

Like @harrynowl said, most people just want to set XMP and go.  That's not consistently the case when you mix x99 with lesser grade RAM.  I learned this the painfully hard way.  O.o

I had a lot of headaches getting less expensive RAM to boot at anywhere near XMP and my 5960x has a great IMC.  Not only does the TridentZ c14 set boot XMP without issue, but the set is stable at much tighter timings.  Now I'm running two 32GB sets and they still run at XMP or faster without issues.  We all know that non-matched sets can be a disaster, but it worked fine with these.  As an added bonus, the board's topology increased performance when going from 4 to 8 sticks.  :D

My recommendation on the RAM is not only based on the fact that it's the fastest that you can use, but also based on the fact that it works as advertised or better with x99.

I want the ram that is going to work best and have the least issues (zero issues hopefully)...so i'd rather pay up for it so no headaches in the future.   

16 minutes ago, mhamrin said:

This is good to know. I may possibly be getting an 5960x if my program chokes with my 5820k (haven't bought either yet). That said, it may be best to get Tridentz 3200 cas14 since its back in stock as of this morning with price drop to $199

my bad..got the notification for 3000 cas14 not the 3200. 

Sorry jumped the gun...just woke up a bit ago. :P

5 hours ago, mhamrin said:

No love for the Texans.  :(

23 hours ago, mhamrin said:

So the Asus x99a-II is still the way to go...correct?

Yes :)

If you want decent board with a good vrm implementation,

for a good price then yes.

All Asus X99 boards are decent for that matter.

It mainly comes down to features vs pricing.

In your case you dont want too pay too much extra for feutures you might not need.

And there for the Asus X99-A II would be a perfect balances between price, quality and feutures.

On 6/19/2016 at 1:21 PM, mhamrin said:

You are putting too much effort to pay a premium for something that won't be a problem.

This guy (using a 5820K) plopped down 128GB of GSkill Ripsaw V @ 3000MHz.  He overclocked the RAM up to 3200MHz and even tightened the timings to 14CAS.  Stop throwing money at a fear to make you feel safe.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/128gb-ram-on-x99-platform-with-5820k-no-problem.222305/

Worst case scenario:  you grab the cheaper Ripsaw V 3000MHz-3200MHz kit and it initializes at 2133MHz.  You set X.M.P. and it fails.  You go back in and manually set the clock/timings/voltage until it stabilizes.

@mhamrin

I understand your desire to buy the premium stuff:  950 Pro; TridentZ with the tightest available timings; 5960X...

... but please... for the sake of all PC builders... when you are buying a menagerie of premium PC components...

...color coordinate them!

You have a black and white motherboard with blue and grey accenting.  Don't pay 30% more for a set of RAM sticks with red accents, unless you are willing to paint them.  Go plain black if you need to.

10 hours ago, stconquest said:

You are putting too much effort to pay a premium for something that won't be a problem.

This guy (using a 5820K) plopped down 128GB of GSkill Ripsaw V @ 3000MHz.  He overclocked the RAM up to 3200MHz and even tightened the timings to 14CAS.  Stop throwing money at a fear to make you feel safe.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/128gb-ram-on-x99-platform-with-5820k-no-problem.222305/

Worst case scenario:  you grab the cheaper Ripsaw V 3000MHz-3200MHz kit and it initializes at 2133MHz.  You set X.M.P. and it fails.  You go back in and manually set the clock/timings/voltage until it stabilizes.

@mhamrin

I understand your desire to buy the premium stuff:  950 Pro; TridentZ with the tightest available timings; 5960X...

... but please... for the sake of all PC builders... when you are buying a menagerie of premium PC components...

...color coordinate them!

You have a black and white motherboard with blue and grey accenting.  Don't pay 30% more for a set of RAM sticks with red accents, unless you are willing to paint them.  Go plain black if you need to.

Yeah, when i post my completed build don't want a rainbow assortment of colors. Quality and correct balance among components  is my 1st priority...but I really do want it to look good too.