Best coolers in the market?

DankLord

I need to get the best coolers in the market for my PC as it is in a cabinet. So what are the best CPU coolers and case fans that I can buy? Also any tips to keep the temperature low in a cabinet? Thanks in advance.

"Be Happy and The World Is Yours" - Anonymous

Absolute best would be a 280mm AIO like the X61 or H110

Case fans wont do much to make it better

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Air cooler - Noctua NH-D15

AIO Liquid Cooler - NZXT Kraken X61 or EKWB Predator 360

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Well I can take the back of the cabinet off if that makes any difference, its not stuck right next to the wall either. Will those CPU fans fit LGA 1151?

1 minute ago, DankLord said:

Well I can take the back of the cabinet off if that makes any difference, its not stuck right next to the wall either. Will those CPU fans fit LGA 1151?

It will.

Both will.

In a cabinet your PC will really choke though since they are optimized for front to back air flow.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

4 minutes ago, DankLord said:

I need to get the best coolers in the market for my PC as it is in a cabinet. So what are the best CPU coolers and case fans that I can buy? Also any tips to keep the temperature low in a cabinet? Thanks in advance.

to keep it cool you need to keep fresh air blowing through the cabinet. My advice is to cut 2 holes in the rear of the cabinet (presuming it is directly against a wall; if it is do 2x holes in the top of it) and place 2x 120mm fans in the holes pulling air into the cabinet. Then create a single hole in the bottom (as long as it is not directly against the floor) and place a fan in that hole that pushes air out of the cabinet like an exhaust fan. This keeps air flow through the cabinet allowing the coolers to keep cooler air flowing through them in tern keeping your hardware cooler.

Intel i7-5820k OC'ed to 4.2GHz @1.225 V; w/ Corsair H110i GTX2x Asus Strix 980ti's; Asus Rampage V Extreme; 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistics GDDR4 RAM; EVGA 1000P2 psu

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8608142 boost clock of 1493MHz

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jjar35/saved/#view=ghCWGX + 43" 4k Vizio M-Series TV

2 minutes ago, jjar35 said:

to keep it cool you need to keep fresh air blowing through the cabinet. My advice is to cut 2 holes in the rear of the cabinet (presuming it is directly against a wall; if it is do 2x holes in the top of it) and place 2x 120mm fans in the holes pulling air into the cabinet. Then create a single hole in the bottom (as long as it is not directly against the floor) and place a fan in that hole that pushes air out of the cabinet like an exhaust fan. This keeps air flow through the cabinet allowing the coolers to keep cooler air flowing through them in tern keeping your hardware cooler.

Well the back can be open so I can do that (not directly against a wall). I can also open the cabinet door which is good. Only thing I can't do is the bottom fans. The only reason I have the PC in the cabinet is that I don't have enough space in my room.

9 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

ahh I forgot to specifically mention I can only do air coolers, so what are the best air coolers in the market? (sorry for so many questions)

1 minute ago, DankLord said:

ahh I forgot to specifically mention I can only do air coolers, so what are the best air coolers in the market? (sorry for so many questions)

Probably the NHD15

there's no point into getting the best air cooler if it can't get any fresh air.

Maybe you could remove the front door and install a fan or two in the back of the gabinet

Assuming you understand the realities of airflow in a cabinet and are accounting for that, what type of CPU do you have, what type of case do you have, and are you overclocking?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

24 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Assuming you understand the realities of airflow in a cabinet and are accounting for that, what type of CPU do you have, what type of case do you have, and are you overclocking?

Back and front can be open/i5 6500/Old case/not overclocking

2 minutes ago, DankLord said:

Back and front can be open/i5 6500/Old case/not overclocking

The stock cooler is probably fine in that situation. Once you've got good airflow through the cabinet, your CPU's temps will take care of themselves. It's tough to suggest an aftermarket cooler without knowing how much clearance your case has.

43 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

The stock cooler is probably fine in that situation. Once you've got good airflow through the cabinet, your CPU's temps will take care of themselves. It's tough to suggest an aftermarket cooler without knowing how much clearance your case has.

Well I am reaching temps of over 90 degrees Celsius..... I am really scared of damaging my computer this way.

1 hour ago, DankLord said:

Well I am reaching temps of over 90 degrees Celsius..... I am really scared of damaging my computer this way.

Run it with the front and back of the cabinet opened up for a while and see how it does. If running it in a cabinet with poor ventilation is the problem, no heatsink cooler is going to solve that. Out of curiosity, what's the ambient temperature in the room when it's running in the 90's?