MDR-1A VS Momentum 2 VS Beyerdynamic DT770Pro

gurshair

Looking for new headphones to buy, currently rocking some old $50 sony's which feel like crap. I've heard high end headphones and the thing is once you listen to them there is no coming back. At the moment I am choosing between these 3 but can't choose one. I'm a basshead but also like to listen to instumental music and I game a lot. Looking for headphones which would be perfect for all 3 categories and I have come down to Sony's MDR-1A, Sennheiser's Momentum 2 and Beyerdynamic DT770Pro. 

Welcoming any other suggestions which fit me needs. 

1 hour ago, gurshair said:

I've heard high end headphones and the thing is once you listen to them there is no coming back.

Not sure where you've heard that, but for most people who only have experience with low-end headphones, it's not that big of a difference, other than maybe comfort. 

I own momentums for a bit less than a year, I can still "go back" to my old apple earbuds. I obviously prefer momentums because it's package of comfort, quality and noise isolation, but it's not "out of the world" experience compared to cheaper headphones. 

I love my momentums, but the fit is a bit tight and if I'm using them for a long time, my ears start to hurt a bit. They are more of a look-good headphones, so if you're buying them just to use at home, that's probably not a big concern to you. I've also heard good things about DT770, they sure look more comfortable than momentums and when I was buying, I've closely compared them to momentums and frequency response graphs for both are very good. The reason I've decided against DT770 was mostly because at the time they were hard to get in my country. 

Which Ohm version would you suppose that I get? 

I can get a amp if its needed but do the different ohms have a big gap in sound?