AMD GPU Vertical Lines Crashes

Hey guys, so I'm running into trouble with my GPU, but before that here's my specs:

Core i5-4460

Gigabyte H97

Gigabyte R9 280x

Corsair GS600

OK, so I've been having this vertical lines crashes with my GPU since last month, I thinkg it's common in AMD gpus.

It always happen when in games that use GPU, not necessarily GPU intensive games, I've tried:

GTA V : not a problem

Witcher 3: not a problem

Payday 2: less than an hour

Guild Wars 2: less than an hour

Furmark: almost immediately

Temp is normal (below 72C), and airflow is really good.

A couple days back I uninstalled all amd drivers and reinstalls it, I think I fixed it unitl yesterday the crashes occured again, tried the same method thsi time and it doesn't work like the last.

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Artifacting? This?:

2zbIu.jpg

more like this

350x700px-LL-9c3ef323_HD5000VS.jpeg

And it also crashes the whole computer, stopped all programs so I have to restart it.

8 minutes ago, JupiteL said:

more like this

350x700px-LL-9c3ef323_HD5000VS.jpeg

And it also crashes the whole computer, stopped all programs so I have to restart it.

Reinstall drivers. Use DDU (display driver uninstaller) in safe mode to first obliterate old drivers then get the latest ones from the AMD website. Also, an issue like this is not exclusive to AMD GPUs at all. (Might not fix, but I'm having my best guess)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Reinstall drivers. Use DDU (display driver uninstaller) in safe mode to first obliterate old drivers then get the latest ones from the AMD website. Also, an issue like this is not exclusive to AMD GPUs at all. (Might not fix, but I'm having my best guess)

I've tried that actually, and installed the latest beta and now every game almost immediately crash. I'll try the fixed version this time.

28 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Yeah it still doesn't work. Oddly enough this way works 2 weeks ago and now suddenly the problem is back.

• 4 years later...

Hello I have exactly the same problem, with an AMD RADEON HD6970. Try everything you comment and more, such as updating the bios, changing the screen, limiting the FPS and much more. Did you find any solution?

I think baking gpu in owen is only solution for this issue lol.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

11 hours ago, Tagliavinico said:

Hello I have exactly the same problem, with an AMD RADEON HD6970. Try everything you comment and more, such as updating the bios, changing the screen, limiting the FPS and much more. Did you find any solution?

Your GPU is toast

Mine was running hot for couple weeks because I didn't realise the factory paste was dried out and died a year later. Yours might be just of old age.