Offered a GTX 980 for £200

OfficialJsP

So some dude near me is selling a GTX 980 for £200 im not sure if I should move on the deal or wait for the RX 480 what do you guys think would be the best option.

If all you want is a middle-high end card, then it doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.

It's an OK price, not a steal.

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

How old is it? Condition?

Still on warranty? If so, he give you proof of purchase?

What model?

Thank you can flip it for a profit?

He says its only a few months old and still under warranty and the model is the EVGA SC 4GB version sells for around £400-£450 new from what I can see.

Considering that brand new ones are 450-500€ or 355-400£, it seems a pretty good deal lol! If its a stock one and heavily used tough... it may not be so great!

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Considering that brand new ones are 450-500€ or 355-400£, it seems a pretty good deal lol! If its a stock one and heavily used tough... it may not be so great!

Do you think the RX 480 will out perform the GTX 980 from what I have heard its around $200 not sure how much it will be in the UK they normally bump the price up a bit.

i recently saw some leaked benchmarks of the rx 480 that suggest its equal to the 980 in dx11. but of course you can never be sure about that. 

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

6 minutes ago, OfficialJsP said:

-snip-

At best, it would outperform it only in videogames that benefit AMD and the opposite for games that benefit NVIDIA, as far as optimization goes. I dont think it will be much better than the 980, definetly better if you own and expect to use Oculus Rift or HTC Vive or any other virtual reality platform, but quite honestly the difference wont be enough to justify the choice over one or the other. Unless you can get a custom Sapphire or MSI R480 8GB version for about 240£, i dont think it would be so meaningful. Altough, if you can wait, unless you really need a gpu right now, then that 980 is a good deal!

Groomlake Authority