Some question

crysilis
Go to solution Solved by minibois,

First you take the price (of a component or entire PC) and divide that by the performance number (like the score in a benchmark, the average fps in games, the time it takes to render).

That way you get a number that is how much a point/frame per second/whatever costs. You can also do it the other way around.

eg. I have a 600 USD GPU that plays games at 80fps and a 400 USD GPU that plays games at the same settings at 60fps.

600 USD GPU = 7,50 USD for every frame.

400 USD GPU = 6,67 USD for every frame

As you can see the 600 USD GPU has more performance, but the 400 USD GPU has better price vs. performance (because lower is better in this scenario)

so how exactly do you calculate price to performance?

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

You take two parts, lets say GPUs. You run same test with both of them with same system specs. You divide price with number you get from test (either score or fps). And compare those two. Ofc depending on component you need to adjust which numbers you use as performance part. Like with coolers its max temps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

First you take the price (of a component or entire PC) and divide that by the performance number (like the score in a benchmark, the average fps in games, the time it takes to render).

That way you get a number that is how much a point/frame per second/whatever costs. You can also do it the other way around.

eg. I have a 600 USD GPU that plays games at 80fps and a 400 USD GPU that plays games at the same settings at 60fps.

600 USD GPU = 7,50 USD for every frame.

400 USD GPU = 6,67 USD for every frame

As you can see the 600 USD GPU has more performance, but the 400 USD GPU has better price vs. performance (because lower is better in this scenario)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/