NH-U9S or h80i GT for mini itx build?

Computers are RAD

I am planning on building a small form factor desktop in a ThermalTake Core v1 case. There is only room for a 140mm air cooler or a single rad liquid cooler. I am running a 6600k and would like to get the best cooling solution for overclocking. I haven't seen much small form factor cpu cooler comparisons, and would some a suggestions. Sound matters a little bit, but price doesn't. 

Go with a AIO because one of the biggest perks of these type of coolers are space.

20 minutes ago, Computers are RAD said:

I am planning on building a small form factor desktop in a ThermalTake Core v1 case. There is only room for a 140mm air cooler or a single rad liquid cooler. I am running a 6600k and would like to get the best cooling solution for overclocking. I haven't seen much small form factor cpu cooler comparisons, and would some a suggestions. Sound matters a little bit, but price doesn't. 

Luckily for you Guru3D this exact comparison when reviewing the H80i GT, I'll post the link below:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_h80i_gt_review,11.html

Looks like the H80i GT takes the cake with this one temp wise. Now it just depends on what your standards are when it comes to noise as the NH-U9S is quieter by about 4dB under load.

The NH-U9S is quieter and the H80i GT performs better.

If you state your budget and where you're shopping/located, we may be able to suggest possible alternatives. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I don't really have a budget for a cpu cooler, but I would prefer to spend under $100 US. I live in the Denver, Colorado metro area. I am leaning towards getting the h80i and getting some Noctua 120mm to replace.

14 minutes ago, Computers are RAD said:

I don't really have a budget for a cpu cooler, but I would prefer to spend under $100 US. I live in the Denver, Colorado metro area. I am leaning towards getting the h80i and getting some Noctua 120mm to replace.

If you aren't going to as low noise as possible and just want the best performance, the H80i GT is a good pick. If you're aiming more for lower noise and don't mind sacrificing some performance, the NH-U9S would be the go-to.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.