Best Cooling and Aesthetically Pleasing CPU Cooler?

So I am building a new PC and I want to get a better air cooler for my CPU than my Hyper 212 EVO, and I have a height clearance of 160mm. I do not want something ugly like a beige noctua cooler, and preferably black fans. thanks!

8 minutes ago, RektSkrubs said:

So I am building a new PC and I want to get a better air cooler for my CPU than my Hyper 212 EVO, and I have a height clearance of 160mm. I do not want something ugly like a beige noctua cooler, and preferably black fans. thanks!

this one gets my vote

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/wdkD4D/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14pebk too tall 

another

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/gc8Zxr/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc12dxbk just the right size, its 157mm :)

bit pricey though

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/xFw323/cryorig-cpu-cooler-crr1a too tall

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Dark Rock 3 is very good looking ... not sure on performance though ...  also a little pricey at $74.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

AIO? Very good performance and aesthetically pleasing.

1 hour ago, Loleo said:

AIO? Very good performance and aesthetically pleasing.

I do not really make any money (I'm 14), so if anything were to go wrong, I would be left with a non-functional hunk of metal which I probably couldn't even sell...

What are you cooling? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Dark Rock Pro 3

Cryorig R1 Ultimate

Phanteks something...

Macho 0 I think looks great

and then there is my CPU cooler in my sig

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

1 hour ago, RektSkrubs said:

I do not really make any money (I'm 14), so if anything were to go wrong, I would be left with a non-functional hunk of metal which I probably couldn't even sell...

Well why would anything go wrong? As long as it is a quality AIO (like from corsair) and 240mm radiator it will probably be fine. If it breaks you can always RMA it. Also 14 y/o can make money, at least here in Sweden. Legally you can apply for summer jobs. My brother's friend did this and he is only 14. He copied the laws regarding it and added his CV with it. Right now he is working at a brunch place so you're not really right about that matter. You can make money but only if you are willing to.

6 hours ago, PokeCatz said:

Dark Rock 3 is very good looking ... not sure on performance though ...  also a little pricey at $74.

4 hours ago, Heesleemer said:

Dark Rock Pro 3

Cryorig R1 Ultimate

Seriously though, are you guys reading the 160mm part?

The great thing about fans is that they can be replaced. The NH-D14 stands right under 160mm tall, and you can pretty easily put grey Noctua Redux fans on it instead...or change out the Noctuas for a different brand entirely if that's your thing.

The Cryorig H5 Ultimate performs within a few degrees of the NH-D14 and NH-D15, but it's beefy and manly and black because Cryorig. Seriously though, I love the way mine looks and cools...although I did kind of change out the stock fan with a Noctua Redux NF-P14R and got another couple of degrees out of it...

The Phanteks PH-TC12 series would also fit your case, your color scheme, and improve greatly over the 212 EVO.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

The great thing about fans is that they can be replaced. The NH-D14 stands right under 160mm tall, and you can pretty easily put grey Noctua Redux fans on it instead...or change out the Noctuas for a different brand entirely if that's your thing.

The Cryorig H5 Ultimate performs within a few degrees of the NH-D14 and NH-D15, but it's beefy and manly and black because Cryorig. Seriously though, I love the way mine looks and cools...although I did kind of change out the stock fan with a Noctua Redux NF-P14R and got another couple of degrees out of it...

The Phanteks PH-TC12 series would also fit your case, your color scheme, and improve greatly over the 212 EVO.

Dark Rock Pro 3 is EXACTLY 160mm :D

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

6 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Clearly I am not, my bad, NHD14 and the 15 are the same height without the fan

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

4 minutes ago, PokeCatz said:

Newegg says 163mm. Oh, how I wish it were exactly 160...(glares at PC in the other room)

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 hour ago, PokeCatz said:

No, it's not. The Dark Rock 3 is 160mm tall but the Pro is 163mm tall. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.