Dancer of the Boreal Valley

Flowey

So I heard a few things about this boss previous to actually facing her/him, and I've heard people say this boss is Bullshit incarnated . I don't get it. RNG made one kill her/him first try, so I was like "what". Now on the other hand, lothric princes are so full of shit, this one god damn one shot attack they have, when they slam the sword onto the grounds and white shit in your direction, fuck em. And motherfuking lothric keeps reviving his brother when I down him? Anyone has a few tips? Like is there a way to make them not hurt so much? I play a light/normal weighted strenght/ dex hybrid build. Been trying my luck minimum 20 times now, kinda pissed off.

THX

If I remember correctly, that "white shit" attack has a pretty obvious tell where Lorian teleports away from you, stands, and holds his sword straight up in the air for a moment. When you see him completely vanish, look around frantically for a moment to get your target back and dodge to the side when you see the sword come down. I think Lothric almost always follows that attack with his white spear spell, so watch out for that.

When Lorian goes down, Lothric is very vulnerable for a couple of seconds while he casts his revive spell. You should be able to take a pretty good chunk off of his health bar during that time. You can also sneak in hits on Lothric when he's on Lorian's back if you manage to get around to the side or behind him. You're probably going to be killing Lorian 3 or 4 times, that's just part of the fight.

One of the really interesting things about Dark Souls is how different each player's perception of each boss always is. I had a moderate amount of trouble with the Dancer… and I think I spent more time on Lorian/Lothric than I did on the Nameless King—who is considered by many to be "the hardest."

for the lothric princes they are weak to frost and thrust weapons. if you can get the irithyll rapier and max it out it actually becomes pretty trivial, much like dragonslayer armor. 

EDIT: sometimes you can stagger Lorian for a moment. though i can't tell how exactly you can stunlock him 

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

for the lothric princes they are weak to frost and thrust weapons. if you can get the irithyll rapier and max it out it actually becomes pretty trivial, much like dragonslayer armor. 

Not to mention with enough stamina and a great shield, you can cheese the fight by never having to release your block. Low risk, High reward, lol. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

The sword slam is extremely telegraphed. Wait for it and doge to the side. As for him reviving his brother, you have to hit him in the back so the smaller brother dies. This can be done with both large and small weapons as long as your positioning is good.

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

Not to mention with enough stamina and a great shield, you can cheese the fight by never having to release your block. Low risk, High reward, lol. 

the light slam Lorian does seems to be near unblockable. you can block it but you lose half your HP and knocks you back. guess it's better than losing all your HP lol. 

56 minutes ago, typographie said:

If I remember correctly, that "white shit" attack has a pretty obvious tell where Lorian teleports away from you, stands, and holds his sword straight up in the air for a moment. When you see him completely vanish, look around frantically for a moment to get your target back and dodge to the side when you see the sword come down. I think Lothric almost always follows that attack with his white spear spell, so watch out for that.

When Lorian goes down, Lothric is very vulnerable for a couple of seconds while he casts his revive spell. You should be able to take a pretty good chunk off of his health bar during that time. You can also sneak in hits on Lothric when he's on Lorian's back if you manage to get around to the side or behind him. You're probably going to be killing Lorian 3 or 4 times, that's just part of the fight.

One of the really interesting things about Dark Souls is how different each player's perception of each boss always is. I had a moderate amount of trouble with the Dancer… and I think I spent more time on Lorian/Lothric than I did on the Nameless King—who is considered by many to be "the hardest."

55 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Circle strafe him at point blank, roll through every attack and wait for an opening to safely land hits.

If he teleports close, prepare to roll again. Teleports far, do not approach and prepare to dodge his ranged attack.

Second phase you'll need to hit them from behind to ensure Lothric takes damage.

Lothric himself will not heal, despite being able to continually revive his gaybro.

53 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

EDIT: sometimes you can stagger Lorian for a moment. though i can't tell how exactly you can stunlock him 

52 minutes ago, MageTank said:

50 minutes ago, Virtual01 said:

The sword slam is extremely telegraphed. Wait for it and doge to the side. As for him reviving his brother, you have to hit him in the back so the smaller brother dies. This can be done with both large and small weapons as long as your positioning is good.

50 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

the light slam Lorian does seems to be near unblockable. you can block it but you lose half your HP and knocks you back. guess it's better than losing all your HP lol. 

That'll teach me not to be greedy. Tried to sneak a hit with my uchikatana since even when I slice the big bro on his sides I hit the gay scrub as well. Did not end well, he had 0.5 cm of health left, fuck. Well, now I feel like I'm at least making progress, and yeah, I know the grand slam attack is telegraphed as shit, I just can't seem to dodge right.

8 hours ago, Flowey said:

Also had 13 estus left for some reason

Because you got gud m8.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

On 6/9/2016 at 0:29 AM, Gale said:

Because you got gud m8.

Don't fell I got gud right now, my ass has been handed to me on a clean pool of "you suck.dicks.fagt" by the soul of cinder. better then Gwyn was though, Gwyn was so easy it's disapointing. Also, is it just me or they incorporated Gwyn's moveset into SoC's?

1 hour ago, Flowey said:

Don't fell I got gud right now, my ass has been handed to me on a clean pool of "you suck.dicks.fagt" by the soul of cinder. better then Gwyn was though, Gwyn was so easy it's disapointing. Also, is it just me or they incorporated Gwyn's moveset into SoC's?

Yeah, they did, some of them. When you trigger the Soul of Cinder's transformation, you can briefly hear Gwyn's theme song merged into the background song, a small easter egg for Dark Souls veterans.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

15 hours ago, Gale said:

Yeah, they did, some of them. When you trigger the Soul of Cinder's transformation, you can briefly hear Gwyn's theme song merged into the background song, a small easter egg for Dark Souls veterans.

I knew I remembered the song that played, damn, sneaky Soft. I don'T know if they will be able to pull DLC as good as Bloodborne, I nean, my favorite boss theme, battle, buildup and shit is the orphan of kos, of all the souls game I've played. If they manage to pull that off again, TWICE, well I'll go suck Miyazaki's dick myself