The whole PC building process is streamlined

NeoZeon

It took me 3 hours to build my first PC, install windows/drivers, and all my games (Paragon, Grim Dawn, Overwatch). I don't have a graphics card, but I built in a mITX case, so there was some difficulty. I guess building computers isn't really that hard?

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

Finally someone gets it

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

for some people it is

k1L7mD6z8zLJcfe_o-0PMn9ruyAFiJ6axPvAVUi5

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

how the fuck does that even happen

idk

someone took a pic of that when someone brought it to their repair shop cause it wasnt working

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The process of building itself is easy.

It's the processes around it that are hard. How do you know which parts to select? How can you fit the best bang for your buck? How do you know what to avoid so it doesn't blow up in your face a year later? Then... What do you do if it doesn't boot? If you have a gremlin somewhere? Etc.

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The process of building itself is easy.

It's the processes around it that are hard. How do you know which parts to select? How can you fit the best bang for your buck? How do you know what to avoid so it doesn't blow up in your face a year later? Then... What do you do if it doesn't boot? If you have a gremlin somewhere? Etc.

I guess, but there are really only a few things to determine, because most likely when you build a new pc you are going to return it if something isn't working. Also PCPartPicker. We will see... I'm planning on buying a 1070 on friday... hopefully it fits in my case (they say it will but who knows right?)

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

1 minute ago, NeoZeon said:

I guess, but there are really only a few things to determine, because most likely when you build a new pc you are going to return it if something isn't working. Also PCPartPicker. We will see... I'm planning on buying a 1070 on friday... hopefully it fits in my case (they say it will but who knows right?)

PC Partpicker just makes it easy to compile a shopping list. It doesn't answer the question of "what graphics card should I get?"

You also really shouldn't be picking out someone's BOM willy nilly.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

PC Partpicker just makes it easy to compile a shopping list. It doesn't answer the question of "what graphics card should I get?"

You also really shouldn't be picking out someone's BOM willy nilly.

You are probably right, i should have added the 30 minutes of research to figure out what card i needed for the resolution i wanted to run the games at. 

It is easy now.   There was a time when it was pretty hard.   Jumper settings.  Master/slave drive issues.   Incompatible parts were more likely to happen than it is now.   

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.