What controller(s) do you use on your PC?

IAmAndre

What controller do you use for your PC?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What controller do you use for your PC?

• Xbox One controller
    • Xbox 360 wired controller
    • Xbox 360 wireless controller
    • Steam controller
    • Any Logitech controller
    • PS3 controller
    • PS4 controller
    • Anything else (please specify by posting a reply)

1 hour ago, givegomezthegun said:

I use a wired 360 controller.  I bought a steam controller and gave it a fair shot, but I wound up going back to the 360 controller.  I'm ok with wired, as I have no plans to ever try to sit across the room or anything, and it's nice not having to worry about batteries.

Hence I like the Dual Shock 4 a lot. If I do use it wireless (which is most of the time) all I need to do is just plug it in. No worries about buying, using, then throwing out batteries. Which I think is very wasteful, and it's nice that rechargeable batteries are more standard in most things. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

5 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

Thank you all for your replies. After reading all your feedback, I've decided to get a wireless 360 controller and a Logitech F710. What's so cool about these Logitech controllers is they don't need an adapter. Do you have any feedback on Logitech controllers? The reviews online are rather positive and I'm currently using a Logitech mouse and keyboard and I'm pretty happy with them.

I had a Logitech F310 and it was OK for the most part but I remember it being somewhat uncomfortable for longer play sessions. It has an overhang on the back where the triggers sit that kinda beat up my fingers. I think the F710 has the same thing going on so watch out for that. Both the One and 360 controllers are definitely more comfortable. Heck I even think the DS3 is more comfortable by a little bit.

One major advantage the the Logitech F series has though is the switch on them to change back and forth between X-Input and Direct Input. It's handy for older games or games that don't have proper X-input support. That was nice but I haven't really encountered many games lately that my One, 360, DS3 or DS4 controllers haven't worked with. Even Ys Origin (original Japanese release - 2006, XSEED NA Release - 2012) works after customizing the controls.

1 hour ago, B16CXHatch said:

I had a Logitech F310 and it was OK for the most part but I remember it being somewhat uncomfortable for longer play sessions. It has an overhang on the back where the triggers sit that kinda beat up my fingers. I think the F710 has the same thing going on so watch out for that. Both the One and 360 controllers are definitely more comfortable. Heck I even think the DS3 is more comfortable by a little bit.

One major advantage the the Logitech F series has though is the switch on them to change back and forth between X-Input and Direct Input. It's handy for older games or games that don't have proper X-input support. That was nice but I haven't really encountered many games lately that my One, 360, DS3 or DS4 controllers haven't worked with. Even Ys Origin (original Japanese release - 2006, XSEED NA Release - 2012) works after customizing the controls.

Alright then I'll just stick with the wireless 360 controllers. Any suggestion for fighting games requiring a D-pad? I'm no longer interested in DS controllers and I don't think the Steam controller would be appropriate neither.

On 6/7/2016 at 11:17 PM, B16CXHatch said:

Do the triggers ever loosen up any with use on the F310? I can't believe how tight they are. I just bought the F310 today after the wireless dongle died for my 360 controller and I'm about ready to take it right back to Best Buy. After playing Assassins Creed 3 for 15 minutes my fucking index finger got tired of that trigger button that you need to hold down constantly for running and jumping in the game (and the game won't allow you to change the controls). It's such a poor substitute for the 360 controller.

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Do the triggers ever loosen up any with use on the F310? I can't believe how tight they are. I just bought the F310 today after the wireless dongle died for my 360 controller and I'm about ready to take it right back to Best Buy. After playing Assassins Creed 3 for 15 minutes my fucking index finger got tired of that trigger button that you need to hold down constantly for running and jumping in the game (and the game won't allow you to change the controls). It's such a poor substitute for the 360 controller.

Interesting. On the other hand, as a sportsman I wouldn't be against doing exercices with my finger.

I use an Xbox one controller plugged right into my PC, and i use an old xbox 360 racing wheel with the 360 wireless adapter for racing games.

11 minutes ago, matt0725 said:

I use an Xbox one controller plugged right into my PC, and i use an old xbox 360 racing wheel with the 360 wireless adapter for racing games.

Interesting. I'm looking for wireless options though. Can you tell me more about the racing wheel you are using? Any link? Thanks.

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Now that you mention it, I remember the triggers being tight too. I do believe they loosened a little but all four controllers I mentioned (360, One, DS3, DS4) have less tension still.

I got the old Xbox 360 racing wheel years ago for the actual xbox 360, and ive since moved it over to my PC.

I haven't seen any games that have a preset setup for it, so i sometimes have to sit and mess with settings to get some games to act correctly, but for the most part it has been turn it on and go.

They dont manufacture them anymroe though obviously, you can only get them used.

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Racing-Wheel/dp/B000VBIGK4

1 hour ago, B16CXHatch said:

Now that you mention it, I remember the triggers being tight too. I do believe they loosened a little but all four controllers I mentioned (360, One, DS3, DS4) have less tension still.

I ended up just taking it back since those triggers made Assassins Creed games and racing games unplayable. I'll try my luck with one of those Chinese knock-off XBox 360 dongles (my Microsoft one just died).

I use XBOX 360 controllers mostly, cheap and reliable.

I was looking for a DS4, almost got the Bluetooth dongle and that stuff. To be honest I would recommend just getting a cheap X360 wireless adapter.

DS4Windows is nice, a friend has it.

But I would rather take the cheap, easily replaceable X360 controller. While the DS4 has a battery already, you can just use Rechargeable batteries and use them for other stuff. I used to have a pair of them when I had a X360, and you can use those batteries for something else.

I use the DS4 from my ps4 on those games I prefer a game pad to. I also use it for casual gaming from a distance with my feet kicked up on the desk. Of course keyboard and mouse are superior in most cases, but sometimes the convenience of a gamepad is great.