Patriot Autobahn Lifestyle 16GB USB Drive Unboxing/Review

koZBIG9.jpg

I received this USB drive through the company I worked for (Techworld, New Zealand company, check them out!) to do a hands on review. This is the first ever unboxing/review I've ever done so any feedback will be awesome.

To start off with, the packaging it came in(http://i.imgur.com/ppAjfgM.jpg) was very basic which isn't an issue because... Its a USB drive c'mon. What impressed me was that the actual USB drive was in a plastic shroud that was firmly cemented between two pieces of card. It was solid enough to ensure no damage would occur to it during shipping (And none did, Techworld is really good with shipping). One thing that was odd wasthat no sort of speed is quoted on the packaging.

Because of this I ran a quick test using Crystal Disk Mark & did 3 tests at 50MB to test the sequential read/write speeds:

Read: 23.07 MB/s

Write: 11.48 MB/s

These are pretty decent, means to write a GB of info (I'm asumming) is going to take 90 seconds roughly to write one GB of data to this USB which is decent, you're primarily going to be under 100 MB anyways during normal usage anyways.

The aesthetics of the drive are nice, with a bare silver metal look you get a nice feeling rather than the general plastic feel of other drives. The biggest part of the looks is definetly the size. It is TINY. In the photo above its sitting next to a New Zealand 50 cent coin & a bottle cap & its still smaller then both. It is crazy small! So small infact that if it weren't for the ltitle rounded bit at the end it would be impossible to pull it out of the USB port.

In conclusion, this USB drive is great for anyone looking for decent performance & tiny form factor (useful for car audio).

Only problem people might have is it's easy to lose since it's so tiny.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yeah, I would definelty reccomend a strap of some sort.

Like the small form factor as it won't block buttons nearby the usb port. Does the patriot logo light up when you plug it in?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Like the small form factor as it won't block buttons nearby the usb port. Does the patriot logo light up when you plug it in?

Nah, no LEDs but considering its size & price it isnt a huge loss anyways.

I would put it on my key chain if it is not plugged in. But, I would leave it in the audio system.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

Nice review! I've got a 32GB USB 3.0 version of the drive called the Tab

I think it's a tad higher than the Autobahn, but it's got a much sturdier keyring that actually fits most keyrings, and all the benefits from USB3.0.

LDrEu9J.jpg

Stacked ontop of a dime

rSxhLD7.jpg

How much it sticks out of a USB port

wFglWAn.jpg

BTW @NinjaStyle013 Is that a 5cent coin you're comparing it to in the photo?

This actually looks very handy ! Might have to get one for my Dad so he can stop stealing my Survivor ^^

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8010 mit Tapatalk 4

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Nice review! I've got a 32GB USB 3.0 version of the drive called the Tab I think it's a tad higher than the Autobahn, but it's got a much sturdier keyring that actually fits most keyrings, and all the benefits from USB3.0.

LDrEu9J.jpg Stacked ontop of a dimerSxhLD7.jpg How much it sticks out of a USB portwFglWAn.jpg BTW @NinjaStyle013 Is that a 5cent coin you're comparing it to in the photo?

It's a New Zealand 50 cent coin, no clue how big it is but the drive is smaller than your tab, only sticks out like maybe not even half a cm from a USB port.