Evo 212

Panthegamer

Hi guys! Does anyone of you have the aerocool cyclops advanced red? I want to install the evo 212 but i dont know if the evo fits in my case!!! The informations say that the max height of the cooler must be 155, evo is 159 but a friend of mine saw my case an told me that its ok and i can install the evo. But please help me i want to know! Thanks for your time !!!!

You're out of luck, your info above is correct... 159 for the evo, 155 for the case.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

well ask your friend if he would buy the cooler if it wouldnt work

because i would trust the manufacturer website more than eye balling

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

20 minutes ago, Panthegamer said:

Hi guys! Does anyone of you have the aerocool cyclops advanced red? I want to install the evo 212 but i dont know if the evo fits in my case!!! The informations say that the max height of the cooler must be 155, evo is 159 but a friend of mine saw my case an told me that its ok and i can install the evo. But please help me i want to know! Thanks for your time !!!!

if its 159 and the limit is 155 then it wont fit?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

1 hour ago, SeanAngelo said:

if its 159 and the limit is 155 then it wont fit?

I would recommend the Cooler Master GeminII M4 it is low profile and would definitely fit inside your case. 

1 hour ago, IskanderEXC said:

I would recommend the Cooler Master GeminII M4 it is low profile and would definitely fit inside your case. 

i'm not the OP

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

4 hours ago, Panthegamer said:

Get a Cryorig H7 instead. About the same price, a hair better performance, quieter and 145mm tall.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Their website shows a Dark Rock Advanced C1 which is 166mm tall in the case. http://www.aerocool.us/pgs/pgs-v/pgs_v_cy_adr.html

You might want to send them an email asking if it actually fits. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Can you please recommend me an air cooler instead of cryorig h7,and evo 212? 

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Their website shows a Dark Rock Advanced C1 which is 166mm tall in the case. http://www.aerocool.us/pgs/pgs-v/pgs_v_cy_adr.html

You might want to send them an email asking if it actually fits. 

Thermaltake has pictures of a few cases that show a NiC-C5 cooler inside of them, which is funny, because the NiC-C5 doesn't fit in those cases (Core V31 comes to mind immediately). Wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer decided to shove a beefy cooler in there to show off how big their, uh, case is.

6 hours ago, Panthegamer said:

Can you please recommend me an air cooler instead of cryorig h7,and evo 212? 

Within the same 155mm height limitation, here are some solid options:

beQuiet! Pure Rock

Deepcool Gammaxx 400

Noctua NH-U9S

Noctua NH-D9L

SilenX EFZ-92HA3

Cooler Master Hyper T3

And lots of cheaper stuff, lots of it crappy, from Arctic, Zalman, Evercool, etc. I only listed tower coolers here, as they provide the best cooling and your case is plenty big for one. If downdraft coolers are your thing, there's a whole new world of options out there for you, most of which are expensive and subpar.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

13 hours ago, Panthegamer said:

Get a ruler and measure.