How Far Could you Overclock an intel i7 6700k with a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo?

Go to solution Solved by vanished,
5 minutes ago, Gabby2805 said:

It never gets that hot, absolute maximum it gets is 25C. It's as low as 17C but I like it 21-23C

Well regardless there is no one answer - every chip is different.  You might be really unlucky and struggle to get another 200 MHz out of it, or you might have won the lottery and can get it to like 4.8 GHz or something like that.  I think typically 4.6 is pretty doable on those on air, but there is never any guarantee 

How Far Could you Overclock an intel i7 6700k with a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo at stable temperatures etc?

It also depends on your room... if it's really hot all the time like 30 C you won't get as far as someone at room temperature

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It also depends on your room... if it's really hot all the time like 30 C you won't get as far as someone at room temperature

It never gets that hot, absolute maximum it gets is 25C. It's as low as 17C but I like it 21-23C

4 minutes ago, Gabby2805 said:

25 under load with a 212 evo? Where do you live mate?

EDIT: lmao thought it was the cpu

5 minutes ago, Gabby2805 said:

Well regardless there is no one answer - every chip is different.  You might be really unlucky and struggle to get another 200 MHz out of it, or you might have won the lottery and can get it to like 4.8 GHz or something like that.  I think typically 4.6 is pretty doable on those on air, but there is never any guarantee 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

No 25 ambient in the room :P

1 minute ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

That's not my PC temps, I don't have my PC yet. I'm talking about my Room Temps...in England...

2 minutes ago, Gabby2805 said:

That's not my PC temps, I don't have my PC yet. I'm talking about my Room Temps...in England...

Just edited my post xD Just had a mind derp

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Thank you! Well I'm not eager to crank it up, its my first PC so I'm going to be really safe with it. But its nice to know its a possibility in the future. I know I should probably get liquid cooling instead but I've heard too many disaster stories of leaks destroying everything! I'll see how I get on with the 212 Evo to start with and I can always upgrade in time.

I've heard that average is 4.4-4.5GHz.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I've heard that average is 4.4-4.5GHz.

That's not too bad! Good enough to start with anyway. Its my first PC so I want to be safe, I'll start with the 212 evo for less than £30 and I can always upgrade to maybe a corsair H110i in the future.