Looking for the best in-ears under $350

Zach99

Hello,

I've been using stock apple earbuds for years and I've finally saved up enough to get a really nice pair of in-ears. I'm looking for the best pair under $350. I don't care much about noise cancellation, and I'll be listening to music like classical (chopin, rachmaninov, etc.) and EDM (house, progressive house, etc.). The Sennheiser IE80s caught my eyes at first but I'm not sure if there's something better around that price point. I've been researching as much as I can, and thought I'd get some advice from the forums. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated :) 

As an owner/user of a pair of IE80's that I have had for 2+ years, and probably over 2,000 hours of use, I can vouch for them.

But with that said, I haven't really tried any other options in that price range when it comes to in-ears...

Just now, GlassBomb said:

As an owner/user of a pair of IE80's that I have had for 2+ years, and probably over 2,000 hours of use, I can vouch for them.

But with that said, I haven't really tried any other options in that price range when it comes to in-ears...

Thanks for the input! It's nice to hear from somebody who owns them.

1 minute ago, Zach99 said:

Thanks for the input! It's nice to hear from somebody who owns them.

Still on the original cord and everything I got with them. They have gotten so much use that the 3.5mm connector have gotten a small indentation where it connects to the phone...

You can somewhat see that there is like a notch near the end of the plug.

Spoiler

xDHgSa8.jpg

9 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

Still on the original cord and everything I got with them. They have gotten so much use that the 3.5mm connector have gotten a small indentation where it connects to the phone...

You can somewhat see that there is like a notch near the end of the plug.

Reveal hidden contents

xDHgSa8.jpg

i love my ie80s but im amazed at how long you've managed to get the cable to last that long! i bent the L jack within my first month of using them... after that i got a replacement from the ever so kind sennheiser support, which i bent the l jack again after 3 months of use :P i guess im just too rough with electronics...

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.3ghz

Gpu: Asus GTX 970 Strix 

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5

Psu: EVGA Supernova 750W G2

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

I've heard a lot of good things about the Sony xba a3 for a solid v shaped sound signature at that price point...

IE80 is a pretty meh considering its price. I'd add $50 to your budget and get something like UE900S or westone W40.